TEAM SHELBY FORUM

who makes the closest looking GT500KR hood?

ShelbyEra08

i was looking at KR style hoods from Trufiber and cervini, to me they are decent but not really close. it looks like that the hood vents are to far in and if i lay down stripes on the hood the vents get in the way. I like the GT500KR hood vents wouldnt get in the way. So does anyone know a GT500KR style hood that has vents that wont get in the way of stripes?

I used the KR style hood from Trufiber on my 08 and it looked great. You can get the stripes from FarmDog (John Farmer at StuckOnYouGraphics.com). He and I worked closely to get the stripes done.

any pics of hood?

granted i can get a legit SuperSnake hood through shelby, but i like the middle support on the HR hood sticking out

i was looking at KR style hoods from Trufiber and cervini, to me they are decent but not really close. it looks like that the hood vents are to far in and if i lay down stripes on the hood the vents get in the way. I like the GT500KR hood vents wouldnt get in the way. So does anyone know a GT500KR style hood that has vents that wont get in the way of stripes?

Have you looked at the Black Mamba hood? I think it's something like BMH.com, or BM something dot come. It's BMC... From google (lots of pics on the google page I'm linking to;

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=black+mamba+hood&oq=black+mamba+hoo&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l4.496.5041.0.8532.15.11.0.4.4.1.336.1594.6j2j2j1.11.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.3.psy-ab.Q9o21NIKqVg&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42452523,d.aWc&fp=76ab3c0b7faf47b1&biw=1280&bih=861

I've seen a couple of TS members who have them and they look REAL close. I'm just not sure about the vents....

Phill

VaporDude, nice car!! Just got the SS hood and should be finished and installed by next week. Love that car color! Any pics of the bottom on the hood? Just curious! Thanks! You can email them to me at mnmrizo@adelphia.net. I would really appreciate that.

Now back t the KR hood question...

VaporDude, nice car!! Just got the SS hood and should be finished and installed by next week. Love that car color! Any pics of the bottom on the hood? Just curious! Thanks! You can email them to me at mnmrizo@adelphia.net. I would really appreciate that.

Now back t the KR hood question...

Here is the underside of the hood.

DSC_0696.jpg

Thanks! Are those snakes and letters on the bottom of the hood painted on or is that a sticker/vinyl?? Wow looks good!!

Those are vinyl stickers. I have a relative that owns a sign shop. We took a picture of the snake on the side of the car and he did them up.

Archived