TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cobra vs. Ferrari at the Simeone Museum - Feb. 23rd

Z-man

COBRA VS. FERRARI AT THE SIMEONE FEBRUARY 23RD

Philadelphia, Pa. – The Simeone Automotive Museum, located here, will have a very special indoor Demo Day in February, beginning promptly at Noon on the 23rd. Dr. Simeone will discuss the evolution of two of the most iconic of all racing GT sports cars: the Ferrari GTO and the Daytona Cobra Coupe. The presentation will feature an example of each car in the main area of the museum and, using accompanying photos by Andrew Taylor, will examine the styling similarities - and differences - that made each unique.

"The Cobra Daytona Coupe and the Ferrari GTO were the centerpieces of one of the classic battles in motorsports history," said Dr. Simeone, executive director of the Museum. "I think it is safe to say that there are few places in the world - if any - where you can examine these two machines together at the same time."

The Cobra, CSX2287, was the very first Coupe built and the first to race, at Daytona in 1964, where it was leading until a fire put it out of the race. The Ferrari is the second GTO built and finished second overall, first in class, at the 1962 Sebring 12-hour race, driven by Phill Hill and Olivier Gendebien.

Admission to the Demo Day is included with regular museum admission: $12 adults; $10 senior; $8 students; children 8 and under are admitted free. For more information call 215-365- 7233, or visit the Web site at: www.simeonemuseum.org. The Museum is open Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

The Simeone Museum is one of the few museums in the world where visitors can see, hear, and smell famous race cars run. The Demo Days, which began in 2009, feature extremely rare racing sports cars from the Simeone collection being driven on the three-acre lot in back of the Museum. A brief lecture by Dr. Simeone on the importance of the cars and their place in history precedes each driving demonstration.

The Demonstration Days events are held on the 4th Saturday of each month at 12 Noon, weather permitting. Visitors are encouraged to check the Museum’s Web site (www.SimeoneMuseum.org) before coming for any last minute changes. Admission to the Demonstration Days is included as part of the regular admission price.

# # #

Cobra-Ferrari.jpg

Sounds like fun! I've wanted to stop by the Simone when I've gone through Philly on the way to NJ Motorsports Park but never had the extra time. Now that we don't race there anymore, I'll have to make a special trip someday to go visit all my friends there!

Maybe someday we'll do an event Terlingua Island invades the Simone?

great day......pretty special when a "museum" lets you have this kind of access to such rare and valuable cars....

pics......check

pics with flash....check

touch the car.....check

listen to them run.....check

question and answer session with the owners.....check......

thank you Dr. Simeone!

good to see you there Z-Man~! :salute:

great day......pretty special when a "museum" lets you have this kind of access to such rare and valuable cars....

pics......check

pics with flash....check

touch the car.....check

listen to them run.....check

question and answer session with the owners.....check......

thank you Dr. Simeone!

good to see you there Z-Man~! :salute:

Pics posted to the Shelby Forums.......uncheck...... :banghead::hysterical:

Archived