TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Return of the Razors??? - ADDED POLL INFO

Z-man

Razor Customer Demand Info  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a set of Razors if they were made with the correct offset to fit your car?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy your wheels all the smae width, or opt for wider rear rims?

• All four wheels the same width
    • Wider rear rims
  3. 3. What color/finish would you buy?

• Chrome
    • Gun Metal
    • Silver (Painted)
    • Black
    • Brushed finish with a polished wheel lip
  4. 4. How many wheels would you buy?

• one (as a spare for current)
    • two
    • four (one complete set)
    • five (full set plus a spare)
    • 6 or more
  5. 5. If available, would you buy them with tires mounted on them and TMPS, ready to install?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. What size diameter rim do you prefer?

• 18"
    • 19"
    • 20"
  7. 7. What size widths do you prefer? (you can choose up to two sizes - one size for front, and another for rear)

• 9"
    • 9.5"
    • 10"
    • 10.5"
    • 11"
    • 11.5"

Same here. I bought the same 24mm, and grooved a set of Nittos with the outer fender of my 2008.

And also like Jer it wasn't a problem until we did our hill country cruise which was a lot of up and down big dips kinda driving. I had rubber melted all over the fenders...lol

My solution was a tad narrower on the tires and it helped. (315 back down to a 305 if memory serves)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I double-checked with our Production Team today… a 275 is the maximum recommended size for a 9" rim...

Jer

My 275 was a Nitto… still is…. a 285 on a 9" rim is just too much, in my opinion….

Jer

I double-checked with our Production Team today… a 275 is the maximum recommended size for a 9" rim...

Jer

The GTS wheel package oddly had 285s on the rear. They were 18x9.

No local tire company near me will put 285s on a 18x9. TireRack.com has a 285/45/18 tire that fit a 18x9, but those are over $500 each!

So I'm considering 275/40/18 on all 4.

I like the info on this thread: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/82265-are-your-27540-18-at-all-corners-still-working-well/

So, from what I'm understanding, over a 285 and you need a different offset other than the +24mm for the rear?

I ran Nitto INVO 285s on the rear for a couple years with no problems at all. Am really wanting to put some 305s or 315s back there.

Here's a chart I find very useful.

nittotirewheelspecssizes_Page_1.jpg

I'm starting to regret not getting the KRs when they were at a good price. The more I look at your pics Rob, the more I like them.

Here is 5 sets of the KRs listed with Free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT500KR-18-ALCOA-OEM-SHELBY-MUSTANG-WHEELS-FORD-RACING-SVT-2007-2014-V8-V6-GT-/161128421555?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Wheels&hash=item25840098b3&vxp=mtr

The GTS wheel package oddly had 285s on the rear. They were 18x9.

No local tire company near me will put 285s on a 18x9. TireRack.com has a 285/45/18 tire that fit a 18x9, but those are over $500 each!

So I'm considering 275/40/18 on all 4.

I like the info on this thread: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/82265-are-your-27540-18-at-all-corners-still-working-well/

To clarify, I checked with Production regarding a 20X9 wheel.

Jer

• 4 weeks later...

E-mailed with my contact at American Racing today. He confirms that multiple shipments have been made to American Muscle, and are I their inventory. Additional shipments are "on the water."

All he can speculate is that American Muscle is continuing to hold back the new rim offsets until they sell off more of the older offsets.

I have to admit that some of the dollars I had earmarked for these rims has been raided for other projects. Hope there is still something left when the rims finally go on sale.

Z-man

I can understand wanting to slim down the old stock, but holding back product tha A LOT of people are prepared to buy right now doesn't make sense. Many people will decide to spend their money elsewhere, which is already happening.

I can understand wanting to slim down the old stock, but holding back product tha A LOT of people are prepared to buy right now doesn't make sense. Many people will decide to spend their money elsewhere, which is already happening.

Preaching to the choir, my brother!

That point has been made previously, but AM must not see it the same way we do. I assume that since the 24mm offset will fit all cars (big brake kits excluded), AM feels that given the choice, customers will only want to purchase the new size for added versitility in the future. Given the option, that's what I would do.

Z-man

• 2 months later...

I pulled the trigger on a nice used set of 20" CS 69's a few weeks ago. :spend: :spend: it was burning a hole in my pocket! I wanted something ready to put on my ride on 4/16 after tax season was over. It was between the razors and 69's and I came across a deal i could not resist.

where did you get the clear front turn signals!? those are really cool

I got them on eBay. Do a search for 05-09 Mustang clear turn signal and you'll get a bunch of results. I don't remember which vendor I went with.

Archived