TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Return of the Razors??? - ADDED POLL INFO

Z-man

Razor Customer Demand Info  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a set of Razors if they were made with the correct offset to fit your car?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy your wheels all the smae width, or opt for wider rear rims?

• All four wheels the same width
    • Wider rear rims
  3. 3. What color/finish would you buy?

• Chrome
    • Gun Metal
    • Silver (Painted)
    • Black
    • Brushed finish with a polished wheel lip
  4. 4. How many wheels would you buy?

• one (as a spare for current)
    • two
    • four (one complete set)
    • five (full set plus a spare)
    • 6 or more
  5. 5. If available, would you buy them with tires mounted on them and TMPS, ready to install?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. What size diameter rim do you prefer?

• 18"
    • 19"
    • 20"
  7. 7. What size widths do you prefer? (you can choose up to two sizes - one size for front, and another for rear)

• 9"
    • 9.5"
    • 10"
    • 10.5"
    • 11"
    • 11.5"

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read the fine print...

Application. This Wheel fits the rear only of the 2005 to 2014 Mustangs, including the V6, GT and Bullitt models. Does not fit the Shelby GT500 or any Big Brake Kit equipped Mustangs. Stagger with a 20x9 wheel on the front for an aggressive muscle car stance and improved traction.

These are still the 'old' offset, not the 24mm.

Talked with Jerry at American Racing today and he said the new wheels are currently "on the water" and AM should have inventory by mid-October.

I'm glad that somebody is letting us know what's happening. Maybe American Muscle will let us know they are availalbe after they actually put them up for sale.

AM is losing sales before they have even started. I'm sure Grabber is not the only one who got tired of waiting, and with no firm comfirmation from AM, bought a different set of rims (or possibly 9 rims) elsewhere.

Come on AM. At one point I know you were watching this thread very closely in order to determine things like demand, color preferances, sizes, etc. How about you go out on a 'limb' and at least tell us when you expect to put up the 24mm offset rims for purchase?

Z-man

I guess the wheels are made overseas somewhere (probably China) and Jerry said they were on a ship headed this way as we speak. Mid-October might be a good estimate of when they hit the shelves. One thing is certain though, the wheels are on the way.

was there any final word on what sizes and finishes would be available? are the 20x9w/24mm offset and 20x10w/24mm offset? are they including silver and black? will they have the 'shelby' inscription on one of the spokes (they had some in the past that were generic razors without the inscription).

was there any final word on what sizes and finishes would be available? are the 20x9w/24mm offset and 20x10w/24mm offset? are they including silver and black? will they have the 'shelby' inscription on one of the spokes (they had some in the past that were generic razors without the inscription).

Please refer back to post #144 for your answers.....and they should have the Shelby inscription on them.

Z-man

As a point of interest, we have some leftover Razors we will be selling soon through our eBay Store. Black, Silver, Gunmetal, Chrome... a few different sizes and offsets, mostly 20 inch / 24mm. Some are perfect, some have light blemishes, etc... just cleaning house for our move.

I'll announce it when they're available.

Jer

As a point of interest, we have some leftover Razors we will be selling soon through our eBay Store. Black, Silver, Gunmetal, Chrome... a few different sizes and offsets, mostly 20 inch / 24mm. Some are perfect, some have light blemishes, etc... just cleaning house for our move.

Jer

oh! that's even better. i was run off the road by a girl texting while driving and ended up scuffing the edge of my front passenger-side rim pretty noticeably. i'd definitely order 2 more 20x9w/24mm offset in silver!!

Please refer back to post #144 for your answers.....and they should have the Shelby inscription on them.

Z-man

yeah, i read that before. was wondering if there was anymore info newer and more final than that.

by the way, you can make it easier by 'sharing' the specific post like this... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/79618-return-of-the-razors-added-poll-info/?p=1454077

Jer

Jer -

PM sent with regard to the above.

yeah, i read that before. was wondering if there was anymore info newer and more final than that.

by the way, you can make it easier by 'sharing' the specific post like this... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/79618-return-of-the-razors-added-poll-info/?p=1454077

Yeah, I would have if I have a few more minutes. I literally responded to you while running from one meeting to another. Figured that a quicker reply (and a little scrolling on your behalf) was better than having you wait until I got home to respond and post the link.

As an FYI, I reached out to an AM employee who posts on another Ford/GT500 web-site. He regularly answers questions there, so I am hoping he can give us some insight into the AM perspective of all this.

Z-man

oh! that's even better. i was run off the road by a girl texting while driving and ended up scuffing the edge of my front passenger-side rim pretty noticeably. i'd definitely order 2 more 20x9w/24mm offset in silver!!

What would you take for the blemished one?

As an FYI, I reached out to an AM employee who posts on another Ford/GT500 web-site. He regularly answers questions there, so I am hoping he can give us some insight into the AM perspective of all this.

Finally got confirmation from an American Muscle representative over on SVTP that the 24mm Razor is back. He said the wheel will be in stock very soon.

I did hear back from the AM employee I reached out to. He told me that he is unaware of the status, but will get me an answer from the person who purchases all their wheels (who is out on vacation this week...so hold on a little longer). I asked him that even if the reply is 'no comment' to please let me know.

As soon as I hear something, I'll pass along the info.

Z-man

Here's what Dan at AM posted on the other site when I mentioned the return of the Razors:

"This is correct! We will have stock on the Shelby Razor with a +24MM offset really soon. Stay tuned!"

-Dan ____________________________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST

If anyone that is replacing a set of Razors with another set, for whatever reason. I'm still looking for 1 20" Razor, in any color but Chrome.

Send me an email, let me know what you'd like.

We're selling all our leftover Razors next week, and we have a good supply of colors and offsets (even some wacky ones, like 12mm!)...

Jer

Here's what Dan at AM posted on the other site when I mentioned the return of the Razors:

"This is correct! We will have stock on the Shelby Razor with a +24MM offset really soon. Stay tuned!"

-Dan ____________________________________

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com

Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST

Wjlane -

I didn't doubt you for a second. I'm just looking for confirmation my 'guy' as well. The AM person I recently contacted was someone other than Dan. I got 'unofficial' confirmation some time ago from an AM source who swore me to secreacy on his identity, I'm still looking for the 'official' AM statement.

Send me an email, let me know what you'd like.

We're selling all our leftover Razors next week, and we have a good supply of colors and offsets (even some wacky ones, like 12mm!)...

Jer

AM better hurry up, or we weill have eaten up all of Jer's 'leftovers' before they even get their dinner on the table. (Now I'm hungry...I wonder what Mrs. Z has planned for dinner.....leftovers???)

Jer

Jer,

Do you have a link to the eBay store?

Jer

Any word on when you might be ready to sell?

Jer,

Do you have a link to the eBay store?

I will post when they're up and ready. Thanks!

Jer

I've always been completely dumbfounded and confused why AR built so many wheels with SHELBY engraved right in them that would not fit on 80% of the Shelby's out there....... why, oh why, would they do that????........ :banghead::confused::rant2::club: :hammer_self:

^+1

My guess is most of them are not going on Shelby products... I.E. maybe my car lol... Not too concerned with what labels are on the wheels, as long as they are not rolling billboards. fitting brembos later is on the list. Stock GTs fade horribly.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived