TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Return of the Razors??? - ADDED POLL INFO

Z-man

Razor Customer Demand Info  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a set of Razors if they were made with the correct offset to fit your car?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy your wheels all the smae width, or opt for wider rear rims?

• All four wheels the same width
    • Wider rear rims
  3. 3. What color/finish would you buy?

• Chrome
    • Gun Metal
    • Silver (Painted)
    • Black
    • Brushed finish with a polished wheel lip
  4. 4. How many wheels would you buy?

• one (as a spare for current)
    • two
    • four (one complete set)
    • five (full set plus a spare)
    • 6 or more
  5. 5. If available, would you buy them with tires mounted on them and TMPS, ready to install?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. What size diameter rim do you prefer?

• 18"
    • 19"
    • 20"
  7. 7. What size widths do you prefer? (you can choose up to two sizes - one size for front, and another for rear)

• 9"
    • 9.5"
    • 10"
    • 10.5"
    • 11"
    • 11.5"

thanks z-man dont mean to come across as a bragger ,but i just learned how to post pics and all i have are ones with my new rims. some guys get annoyed i thought we were all part of a special thing (shelby owners ) guess not didnt mean to offend anyone it WAS fun ,now ill think twice

"i thought we were all part of a special thing"

We are a part of a special thing....a special family of Shelby enthusiasts. Just like in any family, we sometines like to 'poke' at each other and tease our 'brothers' for no good reason. So everybody play nice, or I'll turn this car around right now!!!

....don't make me come back there. (How many times did I, and my two younger brothers, hear that on a long road trip when we were younger?)

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are a part of a special thing....a special family of Shelby enthusiasts. Just like in any family, we sometines like to 'poke' at each other and tease our 'brothers' for no good reason. So everybody play nice, or I'll turn this car around right now!!!

....don't make me come back there. (How many times did I, and my two younger brothers, hear that on a long road trip when we were younger?)

Things could get ugly if we have to get slap happy.

im not mad at anyone. im ok. im new to this. didnt know its not cool to post pics on threads that dont relate . i wont do it again .all i can say on this memorial day is ' DONT THREAD ON ME'

im not mad at anyone. im ok. im new to this. didnt know its not cool to post pics on threads that dont relate . i wont do it again .all i can say on this memorial day is ' DONT THREAD ON ME'

" Don't THREAD on me"

Good one, as I love a well turned pun.

Bad Co., make sure to look me up at some of the Northeast events. I didn't realize you are a relative 'newbie', so I'll introduce you to the Northeast crew...better brace up :-)

" Don't THREAD on me"

Good one, as I love a well turned pun.

Bad Co., make sure to look me up at some of the Northeast events. I didn't realize you are a relative 'newbie', so I'll introduce you to the Northeast crew...better brace up :-)

im in my man ready to roll...

I used, Spec Wheels in Forney, Texas (972-564-1610), To repair and powder coat my gunmetal 20 in. Razors.

They did a great job. I think they charged me $249.00 for both wheels.

They are the 24mm offset. Thinking about having them widend to 10.5 wide for rear, if American Racing doesnt start making them again.

• 4 weeks later...

THE RAZORS ARE BACK!!! Check out the email I just received from Jerry at American Racing:

Hey Bill,

Good to hear from you. Production on the 20x9 +24mm Shelby Razor has begun. American Muscle should expect inventory in the fall. They are sticking with just the three finishes right now, Black, Gunmetal, and Chrome. The 20x10 will remain in the +48mm offset for now. Spread the word to all the GT500 owners, let’s get them excited !!

Thanks

Jerry

THE RAZORS ARE BACK!!! Check out the email I just received from Jerry at American Racing:

Hey Bill,

Good to hear from you. Production on the 20x9 +24mm Shelby Razor has begun. American Muscle should expect inventory in the fall. They are sticking with just the three finishes right now, Black, Gunmetal, and Chrome. The 20x10 will remain in the +48mm offset for now. Spread the word to all the GT500 owners, let’s get them excited !!

Thanks

Jerry

I will try and get 'double confirmation' from the American Muscle side tomorrow.

If they tell us the same story, I guess Grabber will have to admit that snow flakes just started to fall in Hell.

Z-man

So if any of you have a 24mm in gunmetal black or silver that you want to replace with a new one. I'll take it off your hands. I need one more for my project on a new set I'm putting together.

wonder what 20x10 w/48mm offset will look like paired with a 20x9 w/24mm offset? that's not original shelby specs if you plan to stagger. i just had my 24mm offset razor widened to 11" for the rears and it looks great. i don't think 20x9 all around isn't all that exciting for GT500 owners. just sayin.

wonder what 20x10 w/48mm offset will look like paired with a 20x9 w/24mm offset? that's not original shelby specs if you plan to stagger. i just had my 24mm offset razor widened to 11" for the rears and it looks great. i don't think 20x9 all around isn't all that exciting for GT500 owners. just sayin.

20x9 with staggered 275 rear 255 front work really well. If you want any wider, yes the 20x10 will have to be used. I have a set of 20x10 48mm's at home which I haven't used yet. On the car, I don't think that you will be able to tell much, if at all the difference in the spoke shape. Now the 48's will only work on the back of a stock brake GT500. No bigger brakes.

Here's my car with 20x9's with staggered tire sizes.

RMMR2013custpic1_zpsd95f53ea.jpg

Here's the difference in the 24's vs. the 48's in spoke design (24 right, 48 left):

razor201.jpg

24:

razor202.jpg

48:

razor203.jpg

20x9 with staggered 275 rear 255 front work really well.

>> not on a GT500. they look good, but it's not nearly enough traction for the 500-800hp the 5.4L makes.

If you want any wider, yes the 20x10 will have to be used. I have a set of 20x10 48mm's at home which I haven't used yet. On the car, I don't think that you will be able to tell much, if at all the difference in the spoke shape. Now the 48's will only work on the back of a stock brake GT500. No bigger brakes

>> like i said, i have been using 20x9 all the way around until just recently when i had the rears widened to 11". so my rear wheel is effectively a 20x11 w/24mm offset. it stands to reasons that a 20x10 w/48mm offset would be tucked under the wheel well a bit more, which means it won't match the 24mm offset rims on the front. from the Shelby factory, the offset used on all post-title GT500 packages with Razor wheels is 24mm on all 4 corners. from Ford, the offset used on all SVTGT500s with OEM wheels is 45mm on all 4 corners. mixing Razors with 48mm offset rears and 24mm offset fronts seems questionable to me.

I'm at 510rwhp right now so understand the traction issue. The 275 BFG's work pretty well, but when I drag race, I use drag radials and use BFG R1's when on a road course. When I mounted up the 20x10's the outer lip of the wheel is just over a 1/4" inset from the fender lip from where the 20x9's are. If you do the math, they should be 15/32's more inset to the lip from the fender. Depending on what tire you go with, it would be pretty much not noticable. With the deeper dish of the 10's they actually looked wider. Might be a good combination for some, others maybe not.

sure, it's probably a matter of preference in terms of functionality, but for me, i'd prefer to have the offsets exactly equal so that the rims (regardless of tires) line up exactly with the fender line. that's how both Ford and Shelby intended for the GT500. they probably look wider compared to the 9s, but i'm sure not as wide as my 11s looks with a 24mm offset. anyway, it's nice to see they are being offered again in an offset combination that clears big brakes upfront and provides an inch extra width out back. i also think the black finish looks killer on the hertz GT, black SGT and certain color combos of the GT500 so it's good to see those are available again.

• 2 weeks later...

Still in the process of freezing as production continues. I know AR is building the wheel and they estimate AM will have stock this fall. As far as when the wheels will be officially available for sale on the their website is unknown. Perhaps Z-man can get a good answer on that.

Still in the process of freezing as production continues. I know AR is building the wheel and they estimate AM will have stock this fall. As far as when the wheels will be officially available for sale on the their website is unknown. Perhaps Z-man can get a good answer on that.

I can report that at least two 'devils' have confirmed the freeze is due later this year.

I contacted the manufacturer, and they reiterated what "wjlane" posted, specifically:

- 9 x 20 rims with 24mm offset are being produced (expected to be available for purchase in the Fall)

- 10 x 20 rims with 48mm offset are also available

- Finishes to be: chrome, black, gun metal

I asked how the 9" fronts looked paired up with the 10" rears, especially given the different offsets, and got this reply:

"In regards to the rear offsets, I have not personally installed this combo but I have seen pictures, and it is not bad. If I recall the rear wheels came to just about under the fender line. It did not look too tucked in, plus you can play with the rear tire size to give you a wider stance."

He also sent a picture, which I have attached below. You can see that the rear rims have a wider lip on them than the fronts...which I really like.

Now, the distributer has not 'officially' confirmed or denyed anything. I sent an e-mail to my "Razor Guy", asking for him to give me a formal statement that I could share with everyone via this forum (which he follows), but have heard nothing back. I'm hoping he took a few extra days off for the 4th of July holiday, and isn't going to reply "no comment".

I do know a few other people who work at AM (the distributer), and one of them has confirmed everything the manufacturer has said, but would only say that anonymously.

So now you know everything I know.

....one more tidbit for those of us wishing for new finishes. I asked the manufacturer how many sets would need to be ordered for them to make a 'custom' finish (still want the brushed aluminum spokes and a polished lip on my set of 'dream' Razors), and he said somewhere between 50 and 70 sets. Then, AM would have to agree to sell them to us as well.....so that 'dream' may be dead.

Z-man

razor.jpg

razor.jpg

Thanks for the comprehensive update. I really do appreciate it. This is good information and tracking in the right direction. This kind of info is what makes this forum valuable. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my new Razors fitted last week. Thought it appropriate to post as they are:

Front 20x9 24mm offset

Rear 20x9 48mm offset

Tyres Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Front 255x35x20

Rear 285x30x20

Offsets look fine, no actually I think great, but you be the judge:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg