TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Return of the Razors??? - ADDED POLL INFO

Z-man

Razor Customer Demand Info  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a set of Razors if they were made with the correct offset to fit your car?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would you buy your wheels all the smae width, or opt for wider rear rims?

• All four wheels the same width
    • Wider rear rims
  3. 3. What color/finish would you buy?

• Chrome
    • Gun Metal
    • Silver (Painted)
    • Black
    • Brushed finish with a polished wheel lip
  4. 4. How many wheels would you buy?

• one (as a spare for current)
    • two
    • four (one complete set)
    • five (full set plus a spare)
    • 6 or more
  5. 5. If available, would you buy them with tires mounted on them and TMPS, ready to install?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. What size diameter rim do you prefer?

• 18"
    • 19"
    • 20"
  7. 7. What size widths do you prefer? (you can choose up to two sizes - one size for front, and another for rear)

• 9"
    • 9.5"
    • 10"
    • 10.5"
    • 11"
    • 11.5"

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The Razors were never made by us, it's a complex business case... so, unfortunately, no updates.

Jer

Any update to this???

The Razors were never made by us, it's a complex business case... so, unfortunately, no updates.

Jer

The Razors were lisenced by one company, made by a second, and now are distributed by a third....complex indeed.

As far as updates, let's just say that good things come to those who wait. If you don't need new rims right now, I'd hang in there are see what develops.

Z-man

Voted.

Even though I have four spares right now I'd still be tempted to pick up an extra set, just in case.

Used my 30mm set (purchasing error) on my Adrenalin.

Side note - as the centre caps love to lose the plastic insert please be sure to produce ample spares (entire caps or at very least the plastic dome insert).

Guys, these are my favorite wheels, they are on my car right now, in Chrome.

I will tell you now, I HAVE been investigating this, and it has not yet been ruled out, but if this turns into another Alcoa thread, someone may find me dead in a cheap motel. Just sayin'.

The joke around SA is that my gravestone will be coated in DuraBrite-C.

Be cool, be patient, have mercy.

:hysterical:

Jer

:hysterical2:

you could also buy a set from American Racing.....

P4050078.JPG

PS deleted my vote since I no longer need any. :happy feet:

Doug -

That looks great!

What front brakes do you have on your car? The issue with the GT500's is that the larger front brakes/calipers won't clear the spokes on the rims. If they did clear, I would have bought a set from AM as well. Hence the need for someone (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more....you know who you are) to start making these rims with the 24mm offset again.....as well as bring out a wider rear rim option.

So, are your Razors 20", and what width did you get? What size tires, and did you buy everything as a package deal from AM? Any comments on quality or fitmenet?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Z-man

Doug -

That looks great!

What front brakes do you have on your car? The issue with the GT500's is that the larger front brakes/calipers won't clear the spokes on the rims. If they did clear, I would have bought a set from AM as well. Hence the need for someone (hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say no more, say no more....you know who you are) to start making these rims with the 24mm offset again.....as well as bring out a wider rear rim option.

So, are your Razors 20", and what width did you get? What size tires, and did you buy everything as a package deal from AM? Any comments on quality or fitmenet?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Z-man

I went with the 18" to stick with the stock size. I've spoke to others who put 20's on and weren't real happy with the ride, not everyone feels the same understand. I have the stock brakes so clearance wasn't a problem. Fronts are 9" with 255 45's Nittos and the rears are 10" with 275 40 Nittos.... and yes I bought the package from AM.

I think the Razor will return, it's just a question of when.

I think that your thinking is correct thinking. :shades:

The question is if there will be wider sizes and new finishes.Time will tell. :kuko:

Z-man,

Do you have a best guess on when they may be available again?

PS I know SPP has nothing to do with this deal.

I have asked "the powers that be" if they are at a point in the proceess where they would like to release any formal update.

I am waiting for their reply....which very well could be to tell me to make believe I'm Sgt. Shultz ("I know nothing.....NOOOTHING!!!!)

Hey, I can't believe my luck. I was going to buy a set while I lived in nth America but probably like many others just never got around to it. Well long story short, I was at a mustang show in Perth Australia, where I now live, and got talking to the guy who converted my car to rhd and he actually still had a set of brand new razors in stock with the correct off sets for a GT500. I couldn't believe my luck.

Now he tells me the rims are:

20x9 6" Front

20x9 6.5" Rear

Does that make sense to anyone?

Can anyone tell me that max width of tyres I can fit on these rims?

Thanks in advance

Hey, I can't believe my luck. I was going to buy a set while I lived in nth America but probably like many others just never got around to it. Well long story short, I was at a mustang show in Perth Australia, where I now live, and got talking to the guy who converted my car to rhd and he actually still had a set of brand new razors in stock with the correct off sets for a GT500. I couldn't believe my luck.

Now he tells me the rims are:

20x9 6" Front

20x9 6.5" Rear

Does that make sense to anyone?

Can anyone tell me that max width of tyres I can fit on these rims?

Thanks in advance

The Razors sold by Shelby were 20"x9" with a backspace 6" and offset 24mm. No difference between front and back. These clear the GT500 Brembo and aftermarket brakes. The rears might clear with a 6.5" backspace with the smaller stock brakes but I don't know. Not sure what it would look like either. I have the Baer brakes front and rear so I require the 24mm offset all around.

no, but i did attempt to use spacers with another set of rims that i wanted to push out from the fender more than they did by themselves. some things i noticed were that one set were too thick and pushed the wheels out way too far. another set was the right thickness, but would not allow the rim to mount flush against the hub (the hub bolts hit the inside of the rim). the last set i tried were very thin and did not have their own bolts, but no matter what i tried, i could not get them to slip on...even with light hammering. so i gave up. ended up selling those rims. returning those spacers was an even bigger problem as simply trying them on (even partially) qualified them as "used" from the vendor's perspective.

Archived