TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Volunteer to help Shelby American at the NY Auto Show 2013

GT50040th

Last year we celebrated 50 years of Shelby American at the Detroit and New York Auto shows and then toured the country. We have exciting news......you get another chance to work the New York Auto Show with the Shelby American Team.

Public show dates are March 29th to April 7th with hours 10am to 10pm daily.

For more Info. and to register CLICK HERE

I'm in!

Signed up yesterday for my 'usual' day (that would be the second Friday of the show, April 5th). This will be my third year working for Shelby American for the day. How many years do I have to do the show before I can put it on my resume? :hysterical3:

I'm in!

Signed up yesterday for my 'usual' day (that would be the second Friday of the show, April 5th). This will be my third year working for Shelby American for the day. How many years do I have to do the show before I can put it on my resume? :hysterical3:

what day(s) did you sign up for Bill?

All signed up AGAIN.........3/29 and 3/30 then again 4/6, 10-5 shift.....Third year in a row and wouldn't miss out on the fun with Sam and Gary!

See everyone there, that is after the bash of course!

All signed up AGAIN.........3/29 and 3/30 then again 4/6, 10-5 shift.....Third year in a row and wouldn't miss out on the fun with Sam and Gary!

See everyone there, that is after the bash of course!

I have also signed up for the 4/6 10-5!

I'm in!

what day(s) did you sign up for Bill?

Did you leave your bi-focals at home today, Doug? :hysterical:

Hope you can do that day as well. If would be nice to 'hang' with you for the day, and tell folks all the reasons why they need a new Shelby in their driveway.

Did you leave your bi-focals at home today, Doug? :hysterical:

Hope you can do that day as well. If would be nice to 'hang' with you for the day, and tell folks all the reasons why they need a new Shelby in their driveway.

Whoops.... :hide:

I wanted to be like the guys that just post in threads without reading them first.... I'll really have to give it some thought.... I don't have a lot of vacation days left, but I did enjoy myself last year.....

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone received an e-mail with the spec sheets for each car, as well as any other product info?

This usually is sent out a few weeks before the show, but I haven't gotten anything yet......but maybe I'm just anxious.

Z-man

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did this on friday March 29th and had a fantastic time. Anyone considering doing this in the future should dive in with both hands.

It really doesnt get to be much more fun than talking Shelbys with a captive audience.

Had a Great time with John Luft, Gary Patterson and Sam Trout and all the other volunteers.

Thank you Shelby American for another great experience! :salute:

I was at the show last Friday from before it opened, until almost 8:30pm, and I had a great time. The Shelby booth had four vehicles (Shelby SVT Raptor, Shelby Focus ST, Super Snake Widebody, and the Shelby 1000). I thought other manufacturers had a better selection of cars on display this year, as opposed to last year’s show. Some of the cars that were previously up on pedestals, were now on the floor and you could get much closer to them and take a good look.

Being that the Shelby booth is literally the first booth you see as you enter the show, just about everyone stops in to take a look. Sometimes you get to talk with pretty ‘interesting’ characters.

Here are a few of my favorite comments from the day:

(Shelby Raptor) – “If I bought one of these, I would have to use it as my work truck. Can I plow snow with this?” My answer was “Given the amount of horse power and torque this truck has, not only could it plow snow, it could do it quicker than any other pick-up truck available…..and you would have the bragging rights to say you had the only Shelby Snow Plow ever made.”

(Super Snake) – “It this car fast enough that I can out run the Cops in it?” My answer was “The car could outrun the Cops, and maybe even the Police helicopters, but you can’t outrun their Police radios.”

(Super Snake) – “Can you tell me the specific alloys of the metal components that make up the car, as well as the ratio of metallic to composite materials?” My reply “Are you an Engineer, because I am, and only another Engineer would ask a question like that.”

(Shelby Raptor) – I walked up on a guy trying to surreptitiously remove one of the engine caps off of coolant tank. When I looked him in the eye he asked “Hey, these things are tough to get off. Do you glue them on?” My answer, “No, we just put them on real tight to make it hard for people to try and steal them when they think no one is watching them.”

(Shelby 1000 & Super Snake) – “Compared to these, the Z/28 Camaro looks like a Prius!”

(Shelby Raptor) – While looking at the 35” tires, I heard “I wouldn’t want to be behind this at a traffic light. If the driver floored it when the light turned green, I’d be dodging chunks of rubber and asphalt as they flew through my windshield.”

A group of four ‘young gentlemen’ came into the booth, mainly to look at the Shelby Raptor. They were of various ethnic backgrounds, but all wearing their jeans low on their hips to show off their ‘calvins’, and their baseball caps sideways. They all acted as if they were bad azz gansta’ rapers from straight out the hood. (No offense to any real bad azz gansta’ rappers from out the hood….but these guys were not them). The skinniest, scrawniest, of the bunch (who also happened to be the most milky skinned Caucasian dude I have recently seen), also was the loudest and the most fowl mouthed. He was letting the “F” bombs fly, as well as other racial slurs that I can’t even bring myself to repeat. He went to take a picture of the truck with his I-phone, and someone walked in front of him. Actually, the person was of Hassidic Jewish descent, and was wearing the traditional dress and hair style of that faith. (Hey, I couldn’t make this stuff up!!!!). Well, the curses and slurs started flying. At this point I wasn’t going to let him continue, so I stepped in front of the ‘gansta’, arms folded across my chest, and gave him the ‘you want a piece of this’ look. (Anybody who knows me is probably already rolling on the floor laughing, as I would not consider myself the most intimidating of individuals.) As I hoped, the guy shut-up, dropped his head, and backed off. He walked towards the exit to the booth, but did a last minute turn and stepped up into the driver’s seat of the truck for one last picture before leaving. He did seem to like the interior of the truck, and his last comment as he was leaving was “Yo, whoever’s was the dude that dig-sign-ed ‘dat storage area in da center console, gets mad props, Yo! It’s big enough to fits my Glocks in, yo.” Nice to know that Shelby was thinking ahead on this one in developing the market niche for wanna be bad azz gansta’s. (Peace–out yawl.)

Now for a few pictures…..

First, a few of the Shelby booth

WGC_8247_zps89196325.jpg

WGC_8238_zps03d984e4.jpg

WGC_7996_zpsb56a85cb.jpg

WGC_7989_zps7d0af912.jpg

WGC_7988_zpsab7171d0.jpg

Chevy’s Camaro version of the Shelby 1000. I think it still needs a little refining, but maybe that’s just me.

WGC_8203_zpsaee4e82d.jpg

Was it coincidence that the Camaro’s were parked in front of a picture of a Slug (Snail?) who thought he was a race car? (Again….I can’t make this stuff up folk’s)

WGC_8207_zps806110e0.jpg

Some Manufactures need giant hamsters or even “The Flash” to sell their cars

WGC_8222_zps55861a61.jpg

Shelby has folks like Boomer Esiason stop buy to talk about buying their cars

WGC_8059_zps1ae9e782.jpg

Is it just me, or is this thing butt ugly? (And that’s with the top down…what does it look like with the top up?)

WGC_8224_zpsb3c59cb1.jpg

The new Stringray did look very nice

WGC_8212_zpsc11453ad.jpg

Interesting color for the 2013 Viper

WGC_8070_zps4766b474.jpg

A gaggle/heard/flock/pod/gathering/? of McClaren’s (McClaren/McClarenzees/McClari/?)

WGC_8120_zpse005319d.jpg

Who can tell me what car this is from…and what other concept car does it remind you of?

WGC_8108_zps9bb7026e.jpg

If I was Tony Stark, I’d own this car (check out the carbon fiber inserts in the rims).

WGC_8018_zps414009c8.jpg

The rest of the pics are here...

http://s1352.photobu...831901698492192

ENJOY!!!!

Z-man

Archived