TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NOW THIS IS CLOSE

montego460

well i am not sure if this post is going to work with the photos or not but i will give it a shot,the worst case is i will look like an idiot.Anyway it has been a 2 year battle for me and it is a long long long story but it looks like the dream is coming true,i will not believe it until i really am there and touch it for real. No long stories for tonight,i have a 6.15 flight out of NYC (I live in NY) on thursday AM.Flying into pittsburgh PA to go get my SHELBY.Approx.

400 mile journey home and it will be a long day but i imagine worth every second of it.

My story and pics to follow if i can figure it all out on how to post photos.All i can say is thanks to shelby dude for all his great help because without him i would still be waiting with a lousy dealership in my area with false promises and big money as a deposit and no car until who knows when. Oh yes also,thanks to all you members GRABBER,CRISPY23,SVTKEITH,COBRACRAZY etc etc etc etc,none of you guys really know me as i do not post really i just look and listen but a big shout out to all you members for all your help through the years,without this site i would not have survived the wait and might have purchased a car for more then i really could have or should have spent so again a big thanks to each and every one of you and maybe more of my story to come and definetly photos and stories of my 400 mile ride home.

wow,just thinking about looking over that blue hood with nothing but clear skies and open road and heading home.

Thanks to all for all your knowledge and help,

Larry

NY

post-6179-1178071328_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178071444_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178071328_thumb.jpg

post-6179-1178071444_thumb.jpg

well i am not sure if this post is going to work with the photos or not but i will give it a shot,the worst case is i will look like an idiot.Anyway it has been a 2 year battle for me and it is a long long long story but it looks like the dream is coming true,i will not believe it until i really am there and touch it for real. No long stories for tonight,i have a 6.15 flight out of NYC (I live in NY) on thursday AM.Flying into pittsburgh PA to go get my SHELBY.Approx.

400 mile journey home and it will be a long day but i imagine worth every second of it.

My story and pics to follow if i can figure it all out on how to post photos.All i can say is thanks to shelby dude for all his great help because without him i would still be waiting with a lousy dealership in my area with false promises and big money as a deposit and no car until who knows when. Oh yes also,thanks to all you members GRABBER,CRISPY23,SVTKEITH,COBRACRAZY etc etc etc etc,none of you guys really know me as i do not post really i just look and listen but a big shout out to all you members for all your help through the years,without this site i would not have survived the wait and might have purchased a car for more then i really could have or should have spent so again a big thanks to each and every one of you and maybe more of my story to come and definetly photos and stories of my 400 mile ride home.

wow,just thinking about looking over that blue hood with nothing but clear skies and open road and heading home.

Larry

NY

What a SWEET RIDE!!!! You even got the fastest color!

You are going to love every second of that drive home in your new Shelby. This car is extremely comfortable riding in. Just be careful with watching for the patrol cars. This thing feels like you are only doing 60 at a 100 MPH!

I'm so excited for you that you were finally able to get hooked up with a dealer that was able to get you car and order it exactly the way you wanted it.

Thank you Jim for getting Larry taken care of.

Larry, we wants LOTS AND LOTS of pics as soon as you get back!

Larry,

Your car is beautiful. WOW, I love the stripe color with that blue. Sweet indeed. I know how you had some deals fall thru from our early PM'ing and I have seen you lurking all these months. When you get your car home please post lots of photos and lets chat about your new ride. Have a safe ride home.

Rob

Congratulations Montego!

Your car looks great. As ShelbyDude said, you will definitely need to watch the speed limit as this car really does not feel as fast as it is. Glad to see that your search for a car ended up with a positive result.

Larry

NY

The weather is supposed to be georgous! Enjoy the ride and for break in purposes don't run at the same speed all the way home.

montego460,

Congratulations! :banvictory:

I, too, had to drive 400 miles (800 actually as I drove a rental to the dealer and then drove my Shelby home from N. Wy to N. CO) and I loved every mile as will you! I'm looking forward to hearing about it. Likewise you're going to enjoy the rave reviews coming your way.

CC

montego460,

Congratulations! :banvictory:

I, too, had to drive 400 miles (800 actually as I drove a rental to the dealer and then drove my Shelby home from N. Wy to N. CO) and I loved every mile as will you! I'm looking forward to hearing about it. Likewise you're going to enjoy the rave reviews coming your way.

CC

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES,MUCH APPRECIATED AND I WILL BE BACK ON IN A COUPLE DAYS.

24 HOURS TO BLASTOFF

LARRY

NY

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES,MUCH APPRECIATED AND I WILL BE BACK ON IN A COUPLE DAYS.

24 HOURS TO BLASTOFF

LARRY

NY

Congrats, Larry!!!! :bandance: :happy feet: :banvictory:

Yes, you gotta post more pics when you get back. It's very nice that you acknowledged us, it's good to know that we were of some help to you. Great that SD was able to "get you there" as well!

Congrats & drive carefully...I'm sure you'll be getting the "hairy eyeball" from more than a few state troopers! :spiteful:

~Chris

24 HOURS TO BLASTOFF

LARRY

NY

No sleep for you Larry. Me either. I flew in to pick mine up on a Friday. Left the dealer around noon. 900 miles and 14 hours later we drove her into her our garage. Long, but fun day . . .

The waiting pain is about over . . .

Larry, that is awsome!

Looks amazing! I hope mine looks that sweet when I finally get mine!

Jim told me about you coming by and picking up your car, way to go man, must be awsome as you are driving back right now!

Thanks for the hook up as well and I hope to have a similar thread later this month!

That blue with silver looks AMAZING

Archived