TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snow...

Amazing how ignorant of collector cars some people can be. I drove my 1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus (11,000 mile one owner national 1st place) to a dealership to look at another car. When the manager went to the "back office" I asked the salesman - "If I wanted to trade in my car what would you give me?" I pointed to the car - he said what year is that? I replied 1974 - he said "You should probably just park it in front of your house someone would probably give you &500.00 for it." I told him "You are in the wrong business - if your dealership took that car in it would be here on the showroom floor." :shrug:

It would be good in the snow though. I used to daily drive a '87 Shelby Charger back in the mid 90's. We'd get quite a bit of snow up here in Canada, but the front air dam would act as a plow and clear enough snow away from the front to allow the FWD tires to bite! It was awesome!!!

:wub2:

Amazing how ignorant of collector cars some people can be.

He's a young guy, (30...young compared to ME @ 53), and didn't know better! (Does now). B) I think I posted his response when i took him for a ride, and the turbo kicked in: "THERE IT IS!!!"

"It would be good in the snow though. I used to daily drive a '87 Shelby Charger back in the mid 90's. We'd get quite a bit of snow up here in Canada, but the front air dam would act as a plow and clear enough snow away from the front to allow the FWD tires to bite! It was awesome!!!"

Don't give my car any ideas, I'm STILL not taking it out for (apparently) QUITE a while!! :speedie:

Archived