TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350 SC Production ???

TClark24CP

Shelby's published production data shows 525hp black, black 91 tuned, black 93 tuned. What is the 91 and 93 tuned? I was not aware of this option or the option for one-piece alloy driveshaft. What gives? Also, why does the engine (525hp) not immediately idle down? Do the tuned versions respond better? Can my 525hp be upgraded to 624hp? Lastly, are the inter-cooler fans suppose to run continuously and never shut off? Thanks!!

Shelby's published production data shows 525hp black, black 91 tuned, black 93 tuned. What is the 91 and 93 tuned? I was not aware of this option or the option for one-piece alloy driveshaft. What gives? Also, why does the engine (525hp) not immediately idle down? Do the tuned versions respond better? Can my 525hp be upgraded to 624hp? Lastly, are the inter-cooler fans suppose to run continuously and never shut off? Thanks!!

91 and 93 are the octane rating for available gasoline. ie - if you are in CA, only 91 available. Back east 93 is more widely available.

Having you car's tune checked by an expert is money well spent. I really like Shaun at AED in Cameron Park CA.

You can upgrade to 624hp with a pulley change and a tune.

Shelby sets the intercooler fans to run continuously with the ignition on.

MMcGuirk, thanks for the info. At 604.6 rwhp, did you have yours retuned? I was under the impression that Ford gets involved with codes and voiding powertrain warranty. Is this not the case? Does your engine hang at 2,000 rpm for a bit and then slowly idle down? BTW, have you swapped out your shifter or have a recommendation for a short throw positive shifter?

MMcGuirk, thanks for the info. At 604.6 rwhp, did you have yours retuned? I was under the impression that Ford gets involved with codes and voiding powertrain warranty. Is this not the case? Does your engine hang at 2,000 rpm for a bit and then slowly idle down? BTW, have you swapped out your shifter or have a recommendation for a short throw positive shifter?

Yes, I had the FRPP tune augmented when we added the CAI.

Upon delivery, the 624hp tune put 531 to the wheels.

My experience with Ford is that they are not firm on any warranty claim on modified cars....it depends on how the dealer decides to treat you.

BTW - I have over 110k miles on two Mustangs with FRPP superchargers and they have never been near a Ford dealer for any kind of failure.

I experience that behavior when the car is cold in the morning. Once warmed up, it operated normally.

I have an MGW MT82 shifter and love it.

Archived