TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT350 3M Clear Bra NEEDED!!!

TClark24CP

My 2011 GT350 (s/n 48) front fascia was damaged from road debris which resulted a chip on the painted LeMans stripe. I contacted Shelby today regarding touch up paint and am awaiting a return call. I inquired about getting a 3M clear bra and fabric mask but was told that neither exist for the GT350. The person I spoke to at Shelby Performance Parts suggested I submit this post requesting Shelby to offer the 3M clear bra and mask for the GT350. Jer, the SPP website shows the 3M is coming. Is this true and if yes, when? If not, what would it take to get the 3M made?

Also, does anyone have suggestions for how best to repair rock chips? Anyone use the Langka paint system? Thanks!!!

I would be interested, too. I hear that the installer makes ALL the difference in the world!

From what I gather about a Custom Install is...Make sure they don't cut your paint!!!

I think a kit already cut would sell very well to GT350 owners. I'm in if so.

I checked into this back in October 2010 right after I picked up my 350.

Obviously, they didnt have a pattern out for the 350 then..

So here is the deal. It is my understanding that the clearbra folks charge you about 2500.00 to up to 4k to send out the designer, custom cut your bra, and then make a stencil for future use of other 350s. Now, I was also told that I would be the owner of that design and get a little commission on each one sold in the future. I dont know if that is true, because I basically dropped the idea at the time due to the fact I just cut a 35k check to Shelby, and really didnt have another 4 or 5k to spend. My thought was out of the few cars of this model, there was no way I would get my money out of it going that route. Today there many more 350s out there, so maybe someone wants to check into that and maybe make a little money out of it. Just passing along what I was told though, and since I no longer have the 350, Im not interested.

My 2011 GT350 (s/n 48) front fascia was damaged from road debris which resulted a chip on the painted LeMans stripe. I contacted Shelby today regarding touch up paint and am awaiting a return call. I inquired about getting a 3M clear bra and fabric mask but was told that neither exist for the GT350. The person I spoke to at Shelby Performance Parts suggested I submit this post requesting Shelby to offer the 3M clear bra and mask for the GT350. Jer, the SPP website shows the 3M is coming. Is this true and if yes, when? If not, what would it take to get the 3M made?

Also, does anyone have suggestions for how best to repair rock chips? Anyone use the Langka paint system? Thanks!!!

Let me place a call and find out.

Jer

Today I was informed that is IS available for GT350.

Let me go through a few validation steps and get it set up if that's indeed true.

Thanks,

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

We placed the call today to confirm 100%, but I think we're good.

I'll post here and update the online offering if so.

Jer

We've confirmed the product is available.

Now we do the IT and admin work to make it available. Should be on the site soon.

Jer

Jer- awesome news about the 3M clear bra! Keepin' my fingers crossed that no additional damage occurs while in route to the Bash from NorCal. BTW, got the touch up paint today. Thanks!!!!!

You're welcome!

News on the 3M stuff soon,

Jer

Archived