TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2014 GT500 in production.... ETA Feb 28th

Here is a 14 that is in production.... yes.... it is a 2014

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2014-Shelby-GT500-Cobra-Coupe-Deep-Impact-Blue-14-662hp-Supercharged-2013-13-/160968611672?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item257a7a1758

Let me know if you have any questions....

John Trischler

Performance Manager

Ray Skillman Ford

1-888-521-8744

jtrischler@rayskillmanford.com

• 3 weeks later...

In seven years a GT500 became 20K more expensive.

Some might say that $20K more is simply the price you pay for an additional 162hp bump over those 7yrs. It definitely factored into my decision making when I bought mine. B)

Lots of improvments have been made in those 7 years.

Agreed.

500hp to 540hp to 550hp to 662hp, just in the engine alone.

Iron block to aluminum block.

Too many transmission improvements to even count.

Hydraulic Power Assisted Steering to Electric Power Assisted Steering.

TONS of improvements and additional electronic goodies for the operator (LC, Track assist, My Key, etc. etc. etc.).

Superior suspension (even on the base model).

Superior Aero.

And that's just touching the surface.

The GT500's seemed to stagnate from '07-'09 and then they made improvements almost every year after, since 2010.

My '10 is way down on enactments from the '13.

Phill

In seven years a GT500 became 20K more expensive.

I remember when the 2007 cars came out and the local Ford dealers were asking sticker plus a $50,000 "market adjustment fee".... and they were only going to make the Shelby GT500 for 2 years. Makes the new GT500's seem like quite the bargain.

My CSM is 14SS0214 I think you have a REGISTRY started ??????

Super Snakes, along with other mod shop cars, are not added to the registry until they've been completed/delivered. As of today there have been no 2014 Super Snake cars built. I'm sure that will change rather quickly now that Ford is releasing the 2014 cars.

Steve

I called SVT FORD and asked about PRODUCTION not untell the end of the month also asked about my vin number and no vin number yet ????

I can assure you production has already began. The first 2014 GT500 rolled off the production line Feb 11th. As for your vin number, you could get that any time between now and summer. There is no rhyme nor reason to how they are scheduled. Best bet is to check with SVT every Friday, as new vins are generated/assigned/scheduled by computer every Thursday night.

Vins are usually assigned 3 to 4 weeks before production. Window sticker is available to view ~7 days before production.

I can assure you production has already began. The first 2014 GT500 rolled off the production line Feb 11th. As for your vin number, you could get that any time between now and summer. There is no rhyme nor reason to how they are scheduled. Best bet is to check with SVT every Friday, as new vins are generated/assigned/scheduled by computer every Thursday night.

Vins are usually assigned 3 to 4 weeks before production. Window sticker is available to view ~7 days before production.

Well it seems your info is always right on! received my window sticker today as you said i would, only question i have is my car is being delivered via convoy! i can only assume thats better then a rail delivery as i remember many were waiting around for rail deliveries. am i better off with trucking rather then rail?

Well it seems your info in always right on! received my window sticker today as you said i would, only question i have is my car is being delivered via convoy! i can only assume thats better then a rail delivery as i remember many were waiting around for rail deliveries. am i better off with trucking rather then rail?

DUDE!! May want to change your name on here - cmauro? :hysterical:

Is there a way to track production/delivery progress without having to call SVT every week? Online?

If you have a decent dealer, he is your best bet for tracking your cars production and delivery status. He has access to the Vehicle Visibility Report. He has the capability of sending you updates.

Archived