TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Jersey guys...

sgt1020

I think we will do the GSP Monmouth rest area.

Just found out my wife has plans for me that morning...(unintentional on her part, but those plans made as a result of my complaining about a too-boring-to-explain situation). So, IF I attend, I'll be late. And IF, in addition, the work schedule allows me to do so. (i'm my own boss, so i can't even blame THAT on anyone else)!

Rocky: Looks like i'm 'back in'! The wife SHOULD be home in time for me to leave! (Add THAT to the 'famous last words' list)! :burnout:

Looks like you lucked out this time.

Hey Rocky: Check the NJ Stangers BB about the Monmouth Stop. No one has signed up at that one yet so they may skip it. I know you were planning on meeting at that one. Just in case, here's the link:

http://www.njstanger...-River-NJ/page5

Not sure, but if you let them know, I'm sure the stop would back to being a....go? Stop? You know what I mean!!

Hey Scott, (a/k/a 'Rocky')! Great to meet you & the Mrs. today, and, thanks again!

It was nice to meet you as well, hope the next time we can meet your wife and see your mustang.

I'd like to get with you guys I'm in northern nj. Let me know when and where ,I'm not a face book guy can't we post meets here.

I think that's begun (unofficially) happening (posting notes about metes/etc.), since there's others also not on FB! (Well, ONE meet/cruise, at least)!

Took our Shelby Gt to Miller Ford in Mt Holly for an oil change. Asked the service rep for a tech that knew about Shelbys - his response "they all are trained to work on Fords" I asked if I could check the undercarriage when it was in the air - he said we'll call you in. They did and this tech didn't put anything on the lift arms so the arms were actually pushing in the rocker panels! I brought it to the Service rep's attention - he said we work on Mustangs all the time - it will be fine. I checked it when it came down and it didn't cause any damage, but why would you do that to any car? Now Barb and I get in and I notice no carpet protector like is always in my other vehicles that i took there when under warranty. I fired it up, put the windows down and we headed home. When I pulled it in the garage i noticed the AC lights on - The vents were still snapped shut and the AC was on Max AC - Why would a tech turn it on to drive it from the garage to the pick up area? and if he had to why not open the vents? I called up the service rep to voice my concern and complaints and got all kind of excuses and "What do you want from me - there was no damage?" I WANT YOU TO TREAT MY CAR BETTER - I'M THE CUSTOMER !!! I do do all the oil changes on all our other cars and the truck, but I want the full Ford service record to continue with the Shelby. Just venting, but Pi**ed.

Took our Shelby Gt to Miller Ford in Mt Holly for an oil change....Just venting, but Pi**ed.

Hey Wayne, that's what we're here for!

Got a text message from Pop, that the Secretary's Car is done. I called him to 'remind' him he volunteered to pay for the labor while I bought the parts. He initially thought i was joking...but, basically said "If I said it, i said it, I just don't remember..."

So I feel awful! (I know, I shouldn't). I'd rather pay the $$$ than have it come between us! (At 79, his memory may be slipping a bit. Other than that he's in great health, BTW).

Took our Shelby Gt to Miller Ford in Mt Holly for an oil change. Asked the service rep for a tech that knew about Shelbys - his response "they all are trained to work on Fords" I asked if I could check the undercarriage when it was in the air - he said we'll call you in. They did and this tech didn't put anything on the lift arms so the arms were actually pushing in the rocker panels! I brought it to the Service rep's attention - he said we work on Mustangs all the time - it will be fine. I checked it when it came down and it didn't cause any damage, but why would you do that to any car? Now Barb and I get in and I notice no carpet protector like is always in my other vehicles that i took there when under warranty. I fired it up, put the windows down and we headed home. When I pulled it in the garage i noticed the AC lights on - The vents were still snapped shut and the AC was on Max AC - Why would a tech turn it on to drive it from the garage to the pick up area? and if he had to why not open the vents? I called up the service rep to voice my concern and complaints and got all kind of excuses and "What do you want from me - there was no damage?" I WANT YOU TO TREAT MY CAR BETTER - I'M THE CUSTOMER !!! I do do all the oil changes on all our other cars and the truck, but I want the full Ford service record to continue with the Shelby. Just venting, but Pi**ed.

I stopped taking my cars to the dealer many years ago, only for a recall and then they always do something stupid. My last ten new cars never got serviced at the dealers and when I stopped so did my problems.

Here's a couple links to local (NJ) show/etc. schedules that I've found:

http://localendar.com/public/hart7868

http://www.jerseycarshows.com/

Anything look interesting at which fellow Shelbyites would like to meet? (I could PROBABLY hit one or the other Monday night cruises, this coming week as shown on the first link, if anyone else is interested)

Here's a couple links to local (NJ) show/etc. schedules that I've found:

http://localendar.com/public/hart7868

http://www.jerseycarshows.com/

Anything look interesting at which fellow Shelbyites would like to meet? (I could PROBABLY hit one or the other Monday night cruises, this coming week as shown on the first link, if anyone else is interested)

Hey Wayne I wanted to do the cars and coffee on the GSP rest area on 4-14-13 but I have a contractor coming by that morning to give me some prices on some work I need done. But I will do the cars and coffe on 4-28-13 at the Knob Hill Country Club in Manalapan if the weather is ok, maybe we will see you there.

Hey Wayne I wanted to do the cars and coffee on the GSP rest area on 4-14-13 but I have a contractor coming by that morning to give me some prices on some work I need done. But I will do the cars and coffe on 4-28-13 at the Knob Hill Country Club in Manalapan if the weather is ok, maybe we will see you there.

Sunday mornings are out for me, (church)... plenty of shows/etc. coming up, though! It's that time O year!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ELSE gonna be at the AACA Spring Meet this Sunday, in Florham Park? I'm bringing both cars, (with help from my wife & Dad). Here's a link to the AACA page:

http://www.njaaca.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=39

Show is for cars 25 years and older, NON-modifieds (the Secretary's Car) will be judged, while modifieds, (The Black Racer) are for show only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the recent arrival (5/15) of Grandbaby #1, (Benjamin), plus (or should I say 'MINUS'???) crummy weather, haven't hit any shows since Ben's birth....

As posted elsewhere, unable to get into the local Memorial Day parade, today. They never returned my call I made mid-last week, so I drove the two blocks from my house to the parade set-up point. Saw a fellow with whom I'm acquainted thru the local car shows who told me, (unfortunately) I was too late, they had a 'full house' and he just barely got in himself...well, as they say in Driver's Training School: "Them's the brakes!"

• 4 weeks later...

Archived