TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 5-speed Shifter (clearance item)

Doug_GT350

Does anybody know what (if any) Shelby these shifters (http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/7s3z-7210-f5.htm) were made for? They look pretty rugged but there are only two reviews? And they have been on the clearance rack for awhile.... $170.00 for a shifter then another $50.00 for a knob.... he can get a Hurst short throw for $190.00 (with the knob). Any suggestions appreciated..... thanx

Does anybody know what (if any) Shelby these shifters (http://www.shelbysto...s3z-7210-f5.htm) were made for?

According to the item description; 2005-2009 Mustang GT and Shelby GT...With a 5-speed transmission.

So pretty much any S197 up until 2009 with a 5-spd manual transmission.

I'm at a loss. I don't understand where the confusion lies...

Phill

According to the item description; 2005-2009 Mustang GT and Shelby GT...With a 5-speed transmission.

So pretty much any S197 up until 2009 with a 5-spd manual transmission.

I'm at a loss. I don't understand where the confusion lies...

Phill

Wait we're still laughing..... the question was "Does anybody know what (if any) Shelby these shifters were made for?" I guess I should have been more specific..... were they ever used on a production Shelby? We were looking for feed back as to what makes these better than the other guys.... why don't they sell?

If they can only replace 5 speed shifters on 2005-2009 Mustang GT and Shelby GT, deductive reasoning tells me that these shifters were not installed in any other Shelby production vehicle.

Will these 5 speed shifters fit a Tremec # 3650 shifter mounted in a 2010 Mustang; seems that the 2010 Fords were in the "change-over" mode from Ford; there seems to be a short supply of others parts for the 2010 4.6L 3V motor: ie: "axle back exhaust".....any imput??

From one of my tech staff:

On the 2010 Mustang, the underpinnings of the car are still the same as an 05-09 (i.e the 6spd gt500 shifter fits 07-09 as well as the 10 & 11 cars). The transmission in a 05-09 GT is a Tremec 3650 as described below and our shifter was designed for that. To the best of our knowledge, this will work. There shouldn’t be a short supply of parts for 2010 cars. Most anything that fits an ‘05-09 under the car also fits the 2010. Changes in the 2010 model were almost entirely comprised of exterior sheetmetal and interior appointments.

Jer

For the answer to the original poster's question, I went to one of the shifter's designers:

This shifter was developed to be the best possibly available for the Shelby GT, as an upgrade option. Once we got through testing with the Shelby techs, it was THE shifter to have, described by Shelby's veteran technicians as "the best damn shifter". It was one of the first to use Delrin in a CNC housing and positive locking shift stops. Very well-received when released and probably more than a thousand units out there happily installed. The original manufacturer released the 6 speed version shortly afterwards. The only negative element is the added harmonics to the piece (not terrible but noticeable).

On clearance due to reduced demand for replacement shifters for the 2005-2009 cars. Still an incredible shifter for the money and hard to beat for the 05-09 4.6L cars.

Jer

Archived