TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recent Updates to supermod 2013 GT500

LAST500

Last week added a few key mods to the GT500

1. Shelby brakes front and back. 6-piston and cross drilled rotors.

2. Seibon carbon fiber: rear diffuser, rear license plate bumper section, front spoiler, upper and lower front grills. My friends at Kartoyz

sanded down the carbon fiber pieces and applied a flat clear coat to give a dry carbon appearance. Looks really cool.

3. Had the center console removed and painted with a black gloss lacquer, gives nice contrast with the all leather interior.

4. Installed new John Lund tune with ford racing throttle body (65mm).

5. Next week we will install the carbon fiber JLT "big" air intake kit (127mm)

post-39135-0-43185800-1359958346_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-46038200-1359958410_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-18289800-1359958437_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-25763100-1359958458_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-12450200-1359958470_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-43185800-1359958346_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-46038200-1359958410_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-18289800-1359958437_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-25763100-1359958458_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-12450200-1359958470_thumb.jpg

The center console looks good. I have been playing with the idea of doing the same. But where is the carbon fiber? In those pictures your rear diffuser, license plate, and front and lower grill are still plastic?

EDIT: Plus where did you get the seibon stuff? On their website the only thing current they have is the 2010-2013 hood.

All the pieces that I named are Seibon carbon fiber pieces. They are 100 percent carbon fiber. My photographs are not doing justice and I will attempt some close ups. I was fortunate to get the pieces before they become widely available, through a connection.

All the pieces that I named are Seibon carbon fiber pieces. They are 100 percent carbon fiber. My photographs are not doing justice and I will attempt some close ups. I was fortunate to get the pieces before they become widely available, through a connection.

The Matte Clear Coat is making them look like the stock pieces in your pictures. Did you install Roush side and rear splitters or did Seibon make those also?

Looks good

Since when does Seibon make 100 percent carbon fiber? All their past stuff has been the same fiberglass wrapped garbage as trufiber and raceskinz. If they have changed I am very interested. But yes take many close up pics because in those pics it looks like the same stock pieces

AWesome pics!!

Last week added a few key mods to the GT500

1. Shelby brakes front and back. 6-piston and cross drilled rotors.

2. Seibon carbon fiber: rear diffuser, rear license plate bumper section, front spoiler, upper and lower front grills. My friends at Kartoyz

sanded down the carbon fiber pieces and applied a flat clear coat to give a dry carbon appearance. Looks really cool.

3. Had the center console removed and painted with a black gloss lacquer, gives nice contrast with the all leather interior.

4. Installed new John Lund tune with ford racing throttle body (65mm).

5. Next week we will install the carbon fiber JLT "big" air intake kit (127mm)

More Seibon carbon fiber parts

Does the stock spoiler/air damn and your carbon fiber version have the same height from the ground?

I really like the looks of this, but with my car being lowered, I doubt it would survive if it is the same height as the stock parts. I've scraped my stock parts a few times since I've lowered the car.

last gt500 your car looks great love the carbon fiber i also have the front splitter and rear diffuser in carbon fiber, i also have the hood vent in carbon fiber you should look into the hood piece ,just to match the rest of your car , i like your rims , who makes them and what sizes are they , thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Could you take some more pictures of the rear diffuser perhaps please? I may be interested in ordering that piece. The grills aren't bad but they clearly can't lay the carbon fiber down properly which is the problem of nothing using pre-preg but the diffuser seems to be ok.

• 3 weeks later...

New mods for the GT500

Had the steering wheel rewrapped to make the grip thicker, with real suede top and bottom. Also had the steering wheel spokes repainted to match the exterior color on the car, gloss with flat black. Then we added the final suspension upgrade with Eibach's sport coilovers for the GT500. The ride is improved even with the car aggressively much lower than stock, at about 2.2 inches front and 3 inches in the rear. Negotiating driveways requires being careful, but there is no issue on the roads even under spirited driving.

post-39135-0-03690000-1363539303_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-55804200-1363539352_thumb.jpg

post-39135-0-02630900-1363539361_thumb.jpg

I'm not too knowledgeable about about aftermarket mods & I'm sure some of you can enlighten me a little, do things like tuners & suspension mods void your warranty & if so why would u not wait a couple years till your warranty has expired rather than give up a 3 year factory warranty. I'm still waiting for my '14 to arrive & with what it's going to cost me, I can't imagine kissing off a 3 year warranty to gain a few hp by installing an aftermarket CAI or computer tune. I don't mean offend anyone with what they do to their car, I'm just curious if the warranty would still apply before I try some of these mods to my car.

Not to repeat the previous post but what are the sizes on the wheels? Thanks.

Before anyone goes dropping their shelby 3", I'd say you are closer to a 2" drop. I have the Eibach Sportlines that are rated at 1.2"F and 1.7"R and my car is almost the same ride height as yours (wheel size assumed, lol). I can only get one finger between the stock rear tire/wheel and the fender. I could be wrong but I just want people to measure before they think they want a 3" drop. ;)

Car looks great Last500! Really like the leather wrapped dashboard! Just joined so I am looking for that thread! LOL

I'm not too knowledgeable about about aftermarket mods & I'm sure some of you can enlighten me a little, do things like tuners & suspension mods void your warranty & if so why would u not wait a couple years till your warranty has expired rather than give up a 3 year factory warranty. I'm still waiting for my '14 to arrive & with what it's going to cost me, I can't imagine kissing off a 3 year warranty to gain a few hp by installing an aftermarket CAI or computer tune. I don't mean offend anyone with what they do to their car, I'm just curious if the warranty would still apply before I try some of these mods to my car.

It's more than a few horsepower! :rockon:

With that said, the answer really depends on your service dealer. Full Exhaust and suspension has never voided my waranty. I had long tubes and offroad Hpipe on a 2001 Cobra when Ford replaced the tranny. Now, if one of your shocks fails, then yeah they will say the aftermarket springs caused it (I currently have aftermarket springs on stock Perf Pkg adjustable shocks). A CAI alone has never voided my waranties in the past either. But, since I have the JLT Big air intake on my '13, which requires a tune bc of the larger Mass Air Meter size, the tune most likely would void a waranty (depending on what part is failing). This assumes they have to plug up the computer to the car during diagnosis. A bad shock PROBABLY wouldnt require them to plug the car up to the computer so they PROBABLY wouldnt catch the custom tune. With that said, a custom tune can be quickly be removed and returned to stock prior to a visit to the dealer. Although, I have been told that savvy dealers can read if the stock tune has been removed and reloaded but that is second hand info.

Basically, we like more power and want new toys to show off. Many parts do not void waranty. Even parts that DO void it, can be removed like a tune. And if the aftermarket part has nothing to do with the failure, Ford usually honors the waranty still.

Happy modding! ;)

My drop is closer to a 3.0 inch drop. I had the Sportline springs, and we measure the drop before installing the coilover suspension (which is at its lowest setting). The coilovers at the lowest setting dropped the car about .7 - .8 inches lower than just the springs. We were able to get the car lower by about another .5 - .75 inches, by removing the spring chasers in the front and by cutting (yep) a half of a coil from the rears. I was worried that the ride and handling characteristics would be compromised; but they were not, thankfully. I am going to install a hydraulic lift kit on the front, so that I can navigate driveways without concern. The fender sits just above the top of the tire, not even finger width.

The wheels are 21 X 9 front (275/35/20 tires) and 21 X 10.5 rear (295/30/21 tires). Fortunately no rub even under hard driving.

thank you for the compliments.

I'm not doubting you but man that doesnt look over 1.5" lower than mine. Eyes are deceiving me lol.

I've be dieing to see 21" wheels on these and finally see them! I like! Two questions: There are only a handful of 21" tires so I assume these are the Michelin Pilots? Could you have gone 305 on these wheels (If michelin makes these in 21x305)?

Last but not least, are you willing to divulge a price per wheel? I can't find a price on PUR wheels anywhere!

Archived