TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing FRPP - CAI

I called Ford Racing hotline today and asked them if they could tell me when the FRPP powerpack for a GT500 would be out. They told me that everything was in the works and that the approval was complete. He said that they were waiting for the delivery of the parts from there vendors so they could start assembling the packages. I asked him if he had a price for it and he told me that it is not finalized yet but it would most likely be around $650 bucks for the CAI and tune. I asked how much would the HP be increased with the CAI and tune. He said around 50 HP but was not completely positive. He said that it would come with a limited warranty but could not give me the details. He then told me to keep watching their website for the release. There phone number is 1-800-FORD-788 if any one needs to call ford racing to also track it.

This is the Frod Racing link to keep a watch on. The info will be posted here whaen it becomes available.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/home/home.asp

I called Ford Racing hotline today and asked them if they could tell me when the FRPP powerpack for a GT500 would be out. They told me that everything was in the works and that the approval was complete. He said that they were waiting for the delivery of the parts from there vendors so they could start assembling the packages. I asked him if he had a price for it and he told me that it is not finalized yet but it would most likely be around $650 bucks for the CAI and tune. I asked how much would the HP be increased with the CAI and tune. He said around 50 HP but was not completely positive. He said that it would come with a limited warranty but could not give me the details. He then told me to keep watching their website for the release. There phone number is 1-800-FORD-788 if any one needs to call ford racing to also track it.

Hi Rob,

Whay is this FRPP Powerpack? It consists of what/

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Rob,

Whay is this FRPP Powerpack? It consists of what/

Thanks,

Alex

FRPP (Ford Racing Power Pack) from what I am told is a Cold Air Induction (CAI) kit which changes out your stock airbox to allow better airflow to the Super Charger. It also includes a performance Tune that would be "flashed" into your car's computer to give it more performance.

FRPP (Ford Racing Power Pack) from what I am told is a Cold Air Induction (CAI) kit which changes out your stock airbox to allow better airflow to the Super Charger. It also includes a performance Tune that would be "flashed" into your car's computer to give it more performance.

The power pack for the Mustang GT also has mufflers, and an oil filter- all together it costs $950 and nets 20 HP to the rear wheels. I guess the power pack for the Shelby will get you 40 more RWHP- and that's what the KR will be getting.

The GT500 power pack is a rebadged Steeda CAI and a Ford propritary flash programmer to dump the new tune file to your cpu. If you really want to keep it 'all ford' its an interesting option but for the performance minded, even the Steeda option is better. Tucker has nothing to worry about but the branding.

That's going to be a lot of coin for 40 horses.

You're right.

I am leaning this way.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/gt500.htm

I was reading this Rob and was going to ask

i would like to stay with "Ford" / "Shelby" products but feel the same way, Evolution seems to have the best HP per $ around and seems to be reliable. Are you saying you're leaning the same way?

I was reading this Rob and was going to ask

i would like to stay with "Ford" / "Shelby" products but feel the same way, Evolution seems to have the best HP per $ around and seems to be reliable. Are you saying you're leaning the same way?

As you know I spent 4 days with SCGT500 a few weeks ago riding around in his car. I really like the sound of the whine with the JLT / CIA ...not to mention the power. I just got off the phone with SCGT500 asking him some tech. questions about the install. Bill says that I can do it myself in my garage...no problem. I am going to be talking to Jay today to ask him a couple questions.

I am more than leaning now....the trigger is cocked!

As you know I spent 4 days with SCGT500 a few weeks ago riding around in his car. I really like the sound of the whine with the JLT / CIA ...not to mention the power. I just got off the phone with SCGT500 asking him some tech. questions about the install. Bill says that I can do it myself in my garage...no problem. I am going to be talking to Jay today to ask him a couple questions.

I'm 100% satisfied with my JLT CAI and Jay's customer service. I would really try to get the GO intake if possible. I don't know if that's even possible, but man would that look awesome.

I'm 100% satisfied with my JLT CAI and Jay's customer service. I would really try to get the GO intake if possible. I don't know if that's even possible, but man would that look awesome.

I will check.

I agree

I'm saving my pennies for stage 3

Rob,

Before stage 1, 448 RWHP...after Stage 1 Dyno 515 RWHP...not too shabby. A few more runs probably could have increased the final number but very happy with the outcome.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I am going to be talking to Tucker in the morning. He sent me an e-mail today. He has been busy moving his shop.

Rob

What about Steedas new claims?

They claim to have larger mass air meter size as well as hp gains. Are they fibbing?

I just dont like the idea of using spacers on my strut brace :(

Claims are just claims untill a member posts a dyno, which we have not seen yet.

The spacers are small and neat and clean. Hardly noticable at all. Have you seen the photo of the spacer on ?

I too was concerned about the spacers but decided to go for it. If I had known what I know now, it would not have worried me. Jay includes a machined flat spacer that properly trasfers load from the strut tower to the brace as tension without applying a bending moment. The washers included in the early kits are gone. If fits perfectly, works correctly and best of all, just about dissapears. After all the hehawing back and forth on this, the build quality is appropriate for this car and makes a statement when you open the hood.

I just would think that washers would hinder the purpose of the strut brace, thats all.

Is it known that the Steeda piece is the same as the Ford Racing CAI seen on the KR just rebadged? If so, that may appeal to some who want to stick with Ford parts. I for one do have more faith in Ford's engineering than other after market parts, even if it is the almight JLT you are comparing to.

I had a JLT on my 99 and it worked great but quality was def. lacking. I have not seen the new CF JLT in person yet.

Archived