TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rent Question

ShelbyGTH-NL

Hi Everyone,

I have an question.

With the 50th anniversary of the Mustang coming up my wife and I are planning a roadtrip from

SF - South Lake Tahoe - Bishop - Death Valley - Las Vegas - LA - Cambria - SF ( The Tioga Road is closed :( )

We will attend the 50th anniversary in Las Vegas.

My question is. I want to rent a Mustang in SF for +/- 2 weeks. Does anyone got contacts with Avis/Hertz/Budget

so that the Mustang can be guaranteed? I hate to show up in a ............ @ an Mustang event.

Thanks.

Drive the GT-H car. I am thinking of attending this event in April 2014 also. I see your in NH. Nice long trip.

Well i am living in the Netherlands and it will be a very long trip with the GT-H. Getting the car to SF will take 3 weeks over sea not know the condition of the car when it arrives.

Try becoming a Hertz #1 Gold memeber and call the location you want to rent from and speak to the manager and see what he can do for you.

Thanks Larry for the tip!

Well i am living in the Netherlands and it will be a very long trip with the GT-H. Getting the car to SF will take 3 weeks over sea not know the condition of the car when it arrives.

Understood. I agree with Larry's suggestion. Good luck and maybe we will meet at the 50th or maybe your travels will bring you through Monterey.

Thanks Larry for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago I rented a Hertz Premium Edition Mustang GT out of San Francisco Airport (SFO). The Pony is a silver coupe with black stripe and window louvers. While it does attract extra attention, it does not have any performance mods over a stock 2013 Mustang GT, just the exterior mods. Lots of fun, but there a charge for mileage over 100 miles a day!

• 2 months later...

Yup, looks like you will pass my house along Highway One as you pass Monterey going north. Some other TS members is are close. Consider checking in as you travel and maybe we can have a short meet and great or maybe we will meet in Vegas at the 50th if all works out. Looks like a great route with some nice sites. May want to consider Yosemite also as you will be very close.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Today is the last day of the holiday. Tomorrow we are leaving for the Netherlands. I had a blast with the roadtrip. The 50th was an other story.

I have bougth a new Vector Mount and a GoPro HD3+ and filmed most of the trip. Here is a small movie of San Francisco. I still working on getting the vector mount fine tuned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J2r_RBsd5w

More will come.

Hope you have a safe trip back and had a good time in the United States. Enjoyed having dinner with you guys last Saturday night. 3 GT- H owners at the same table, what are the chances?!?

Hi Chris,

Yes we did had a good trip. Save and sound back in the Netherlands.

We did had a blast with everyone at that table. That was the only good thing the whole night.

I was thinking about that a couple days back. What are the odds. Well it was nice meeting you Chris and your wife.

• 4 months later...

On the 7th of september, the Dutch Mustang Club had an 50th years anniversary of the Mustang on the racecircuit of Zandvoort.

I was a blast. It started on saturday with a trip to the Ford museum in Hillegom and at 16:00 all the Mustangs/Shelby's drove up to the hotel for a party which started at 20:00.

I was great! Great band, great food, 5 drink tokens and a real plate, knife and fork.

On sunday Ford Netherlands revealed the new 2015 Mustang and opened the meeting day.
With demo's of Classic Shelby's GT350 + 350H, Dragrace Team and open circuit for TMCN Members it was a blast.

Totally 560 Mustangs/Shelby's showed up and 305 took part in the parade lap at the end of the day.

Here are some pictures and movies.

10671221_696657890404850_474616694336930

DSC04875.JPG

DSC04872.JPG

DSC04947.JPG

More can be found on http://www.shelbygth.nl

Here are some video's:

More can be found on http://www.youtube.com/user/Spetzie

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link of the farely big car dutch tv show

http://www.rtlxl.nl/#!/zzzz/549d5935-9880-36df-b1fd-eb1bc84bdc8d

It's around 16:54 go give you a impress what it was like and the Dutch Mustang President sticking it to the MCA for bad meeting in Las Vegas!

• 3 months later...

Archived