TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do I need new seals for the trans to have a new clutch installed?

Triumph

I read several clutch threads and haven't found anything saying there was a need to replace the rear crankshaft seal, or the front and rear transmission seals.

I am taking my car in to have the stock clutch replaced with a SPEC Super Twin Clutch (SS trim). The shop owner told me to bring in the seals and they would swap them out when they do the clutch work. Is there a high possibility of damaging the trans seals? All the pics I have seen, it doesn't look like the seals on the trans would be a problem, especially the way the driveshaft is bolted to the trans.

The engine rear main seal doesn't leak. Is it a good idea to replace it anyways when they have the flywheel off? Anyone with firsthand experience I would appreciate the feedback.

(I am going to have them replace the slave cylinder, and throw out bearing at the same time)

I read several clutch threads and haven't found anything saying there was a need to replace the rear crankshaft seal, or the front and rear transmission seals.

I am taking my car in to have the stock clutch replaced with a SPEC Super Twin Clutch (SS trim). The shop owner told me to bring in the seals and they would swap them out when they do the clutch work. Is there a high possibility of damaging the trans seals? All the pics I have seen, it doesn't look like the seals on the trans would be a problem, especially the way the driveshaft is bolted to the trans.

The engine rear main seal doesn't leak. Is it a good idea to replace it anyways when they have the flywheel off? Anyone with firsthand experience I would appreciate the feedback.

(I am going to have them replace the slave cylinder, and throw out bearing at the same time)

Who is doing the work for you??

Who is doing the work for you??

That is still undecided. If I had access to a lift I'd do it myself, it is too much of a pain to do on jackstands (been there done that). I am considering using Kyle LeBlanc at DDS Performance, he has very favorable reviews from people I respect. He builds racecars and high end cars for customers. He quoted $500 to replace the clutch, TOB, slave cylinder, and all the seals.

Archived