TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm gonna buy Roush Extreme Performance Exhaust Kit #403936

bigb1975

Based on research on this site and a couple others, I think I want to buy the Roush Off-Road kit for my 2009 GT500. Some of the stuff I was reading was a couple years old, so just thought I'd check in to make sure people still think its good.

Any reason I shouldn't go for the Roush?

Any recommendations on where to buy?

Do they ever go on sale or is the $575 I'm seeing what I should expect to pay? Thanks!

You should not mix Roush & Shelby!! Just sayin'...

Maybe you should check w Jer to see if Shelby Perf. may be coming out with something similar.

They are pretty cool on the Roush Cars but I can't speak to how they sound on a Shelby. As far as mixing brands the Roush Company makes numerous part for the Shelby cars this should not be an issue.

You gotta go with what you like. I have Borlas on my Shelby and the Roush Off Roads on my Black Jack. The extremes didn't work with my exhaust tips without a modification.

I had the Roush Extreme Cat-Backs on my '08 and loved it: http://www.fordgt500...t=roush Extreme . I would have installed this system on my '12 in a heartbeat, but Roush does not offer the same set-up on 11+ (only the canister type).

I wouldn't sweat that Roush and Shelby thing. Most know that the two have collaborated on several projects in the past... If that even matters...

Also, this isn't a traditional off-road system in that the cats are still intact.

(edit)

Lastly, if you want an even deeper tone, add an H: http://www.fordgt500...ead.php?t=10036 .

You will not be disappointed. One of the best sounding systems available for the 05-10 MY...

I have the Roush Extreme Cat Back and love it. The best sounding exhaust on our cars period IMO. Also there is no annoying drone. If you have full length headers they might be a little loud, I just have the stock manifolds and x pipe.

Stage 3 Motorsports is a great place to purchase Roush Performance parts from.

CAREFULL Roush offers the Roush Extreme and a Roush Off Road, big differance, I have Roush Off Roads on my SGT.

I wouldn't worry too much on the mixing of roush and shelby where the exhaust is involved. Heck, they built a mustang together if memory serves. It was called the SR-71 "blackbird".

Based on research on this site and a couple others, I think I want to buy the Roush Off-Road kit for my 2009 GT500. Some of the stuff I was reading was a couple years old, so just thought I'd check in to make sure people still think its good.

Any reason I shouldn't go for the Roush?

Any recommendations on where to buy?

Do they ever go on sale or is the $575 I'm seeing what I should expect to pay? Thanks!

I put mine on a couple of years back. STILL love 'em, wouldn't trade them for any other. If you drive with your foot in it, they're loud. Drive with a light pedal, they pass muster. I had a cop RIGHT behind me for awhile (he saw me speeding, couldn't catch up but when he did he rode my ass like a Cowboy). I eventually took a right, he kept going (point: drive with a light foot and even a cop LOOKING for a reason to pull you over doesn't find them offensive).

I bought mine directly from Roush. They give you free shipping on any sale over $100.

Phill

I put mine one a couple of years back. STILL love 'em, wouldn't trade them for any other. If you drive with your foot in it, they're loud. Drive with a light pedal, they pass muster. I had a cop RIGHT behind me for awhile (he saw me speeding, couldn't catch up but when he did he rode my ass like a Cowboy). I eventually took a right, he kept going (point: drive with a light foot and even a cop LOOKING for a reason to pull you over doesn't find them offensive).

I bought mine directly from Roush. They give you free shipping on any sale over $100.

Phill

Depending on how much you spend with Roush you can consider joining their club, $35 and then get a 10% rebate on anything you buy direct at Roush performance.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

i just got a '10 and it has the roush exhaust....how can i tell if off road or extreme? what should i look for?

Mufflers.

But I'm pretty sure the Off-Road *is* the Extreme. Extreme Off-Road is what mine is called.

Phill

Archived