TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When it Pays to be a Pack Rat

Sometimes it pays to be a “Pack Rat”. Among other things, I tend to keep Boxes that are still good for shipping stuff in. Case in point, a friend needed some Boxes to ship some stuff so I gave him a few that I had. He didn’t need the Packing Peanuts that was in them so I dumped them into a bigger box. That’s when I saw it, the COA. It came out of the box that I had shipped the Harley Battery Cover in for a Signature. Apparently when it was shipped back to me, the COA and Decal was put in the Box, then some the Packing Peanuts were put in , then the Cover was put in and then the rest of the peanuts. I never would have thought the COA was that small, I thought it would have been at least 5.5”x 8.5”. Now I am beginning to wonder just how many of my items came with a COA and I didn’t see it in the box. I tend to find things that I either forgot I had or didn’t know I had……………….. time to do a Happy Dance.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :yahoo: :yahoo: :bandance: :bandance: :yahoo: :yahoo: :happy feet: :happy feet:

You are lucky my friend !!! If you were my dad your box's would be crushed its an unsafe hoarding habit. My nick name for my dad was Tony Box he loved to save boxes for a rainy day. So when my mom would call me and say your dads collection is 5 deep and 5 across in the garage. I would come to visit and of course my car always went in his garage well lets say I would slip the clutch and crush his boxes. Oh the horror the crushed boxes. Or when my parents would go down to the south for the winter me and my sister would raid the house for all hands cleaning. I use to call my dad and say guess where I am Tony Box and rip a box he would scream get out of my house. My mom would get a good laugh till my sister would say mom I'm here too guess what of your stuff thats getting thrown out as we speak !!!

As parents get old they hoard and they love plastic shopping bags they are a hazzard and harmful to the enviroment. My dad was so upset about his boxes my sister went to the UPS store and bought new folded boxes. He was happy as a pig in $hit !!!

Had to share !!

You are lucky my friend !!! If you were my dad your box's would be crushed its an unsafe hoarding habit. My nick name for my dad was Tony Box he loved to save boxes for a rainy day. So when my mom would call me and say your dads collection is 5 deep and 5 across in the garage. I would come to visit and of course my car always went in his garage well lets say I would slip the clutch and crush his boxes. Oh the horror the crushed boxes. Or when my parents would go down to the south for the winter me and my sister would raid the house for all hands cleaning. I use to call my dad and say guess where I am Tony Box and rip a box he would scream get out of my house. My mom would get a good laugh till my sister would say mom I'm here too guess what of your stuff thats getting thrown out as we speak !!!

As parents get old they hoard and they love plastic shopping bags they are a hazzard and harmful to the enviroment. My dad was so upset about his boxes my sister went to the UPS store and bought new folded boxes. He was happy as a pig in $hit !!!

Had to share !!

I'm not quit a Horder yet.........LOL. 99% of the stuff I have is re-sellable and very usable..........LOL.

I have a relative who is a hoarder like you see on the tv show-she is very intelligent and wealthy as well. Never saw anything like that in my life. While she is not able to live in her $800,000 plus home any longer and is an assisted living facility, she is of sound mind (other than the hoarding thing) and refuses to let anyone go through and take care of the mess. When she passes away there will have to be people hired to clean the house and have an estate sale. There is money stuck all over in magazines and envelopes etc and also a Rolex watch and expensive jewelry somewhere in the mess. Unbelievable!!!

Archived