TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Next Project - Shelby 4.6L Racing Valve Covers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are beautiful. Please post photos and do you mind if I (we) ask the cost? Just think how beautiful those covers would be in you knew they were covering Hot Rod Cams also.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No problem! From the Shelby Store...

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/s5mr-6582-b.htm

Yeah those cams would be nice too...but for my emissions laws....

I can not wait to see those installed, very nice indeed.

Have you ever completed a post comparing you fairly New Mustang against the Shelby GT?

Just curious on your thoughts between the two.

I don't think I've started a specific topic regarding the two cars. I'll have to do that!

I've managed to start on the new covers - got the car in place and the garage set up, and removed a couple of things. Also came across this nice guide on Mustang Monthly...

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techarticles/mump_0610_ford_mustang_gt_valve_cover/viewall.html

Exactly what I thought. I bought the same cam covers. So far they are sitting in the box in my garage. I'm not sure if I have the skills or patients to do the job.

I'll be working on it more this weekend and I'lll post some progress photos.

I've removed the CAI and strut bar. I've got a nice work light shining on the patient.

d0b37018ddef922d4189b836332e9505.jpg

Just saying ,,drive side kinda easy ,,pass side a pain in the butt ,, you might have to remove the battery to get to bolts on pass side and makes it easyer too ,,with the battery out ,and some plastic pull ties to hold back up toward the intake / fuel rail the big stock black wire cable that runs across the pass side valve cover to the computer box under the hood ,,, like I said ,,drive side easy,,, but the pass side is a whole different story ,, " been there ,done that ",,,easy way is to unplug the coil packs on the pass side and plastic pull tie up the big black wire cable / pull back toward the fuel rail ,,will hold it out of the way far enough so you can get the stock cover out and the new one in ,,,and be sure ,make sure the gasket is set right ,on both sides , " no leaks ",,, you can re-use the stock Ford one ,, GOOD LUCK ,, :salute: ,, can't wait to see the pictures ,,,,,, :camera:

Just saying ,,drive side kinda easy ,,pass side a pain in the butt ,, you might have to remove the battery to get to bolts on pass side and makes it easyer too ,,with the battery out ,and some plastic pull ties to hold back up toward the intake / fuel rail the big stock black wire cable that runs across the pass side valve cover to the computer box under the hood ,,, like I said ,,drive side easy,,, but the pass side is a whole different story ,, " been there ,done that ",,,easy way is to unplug the coil packs on the pass side and plastic pull tie up the big black wire cable / pull back toward the fuel rail ,,will hold it out of the way far enough so you can get the stock cover out and the new one in ,,,and be sure ,make sure the gasket is set right ,on both sides , " no leaks ",,, you can re-use the stock Ford one ,, GOOD LUCK ,, :salute: ,, can't wait to see the pictures ,,,,,, :camera:

,,,,000260-R1-01-24A.jpg,,,,,,and you will have to remove the " Tower brace " too .

000260-R1-01-24A.jpg

That is really good looking. How about a picture pulled back a little to see how it dresses up the engine as a whole? I have really been considering this as a mod but have been looking at the "Ford Racing" blue covers, but now these have definately caught my eye.

any leaks?

I ran it for a little while (too snowy/salty outside to drive it) and checked...no leaks (yet)....

That is really good looking. How about a picture pulled back a little to see how it dresses up the engine as a whole? I have really been considering this as a mod but have been looking at the "Ford Racing" blue covers, but now these have definately caught my eye.

How's this shot. I think more of the cover shows on the passenger side (less stuff in the way), which I have not done yet. These were also taken in my garage, at night under a light, so I would imagine that a daytime car show would look even better.

77d06f438c25b16cc617042870f8a0a5.jpg

Having an issue but does not appear to be serious. Check out this thread / question which I've posted on the SPP forum. Everyone in the know feel free to chime in!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/79419-installing-46l-racing-valve-covers-have-a-question/

Apparently, as a pcv valve was provided with the covers.

Just curious, since those are "Racing" valve covers do they make a provision for a PCV valve?

Explained in the other thread - http://www.teamshelb...ave-a-question/ - I'm trying to keep that question separate from this thread for now.

How's this shot. I think more of the cover shows on the passenger side (less stuff in the way), which I have not done yet. These were also taken in my garage, at night under a light, so I would imagine that a daytime car show would look even better.

77d06f438c25b16cc617042870f8a0a5.jpg

Great shot, thanks for taking it. I definately think it adds alot to the overall asthetic of the engine bay.

I'm going to continue with installation of the passenger side this weekend, now that my question regarding the PCV has been answered.

Ready to pull the passenger side valve cover - wondering how I'm gonna get it past all these cables....I've removed / loosened all that I reasonably can at this point....

2E00954B-4119-40F6-9938-120246E05D0F-1513-000002FB9542E1E1_zpse1e6cc05.jpg

Not so bad...took about 5 minutes to wiggle it out...move it out towards the front of the car while pushing the wires away (gently)...

4650D899-ADBA-43DD-BDE5-905658F9FD6B-1513-000002FE3A4ED8E5_zps1625be1b.jpg

Archived