TEAM SHELBY FORUM

COLD AIR

1sgt

YES but I belive that FORD and JLT and some others have better cold air and thats what I'm looking for . + tone give me a little more HP ?? When I had my GT 350 be I lost it to SANDY SHELBY did a tone on her and it was a +++++ .

I could be wrong but I looked at the DETROIT PICTURES and the SHELBY SS had a new cold air on it and maybe a tone ????

Didn't that car have the Supercharger option on it?

If it did, the AFTERMARKET Cold Air Induction system would be included with the Supercharger kit (Whipple OR Kenne Bell).

Your car HAS a CAI on it now (well, it will when you get it). Ford has been putting the open element/cold air induction systems on the GT500 since 2010 and on GT500KR's before that in '08 & '09.

Do you have a link to the pics you reference handy? I'll take a peek and see what I can see, if you like.

Phill

I could be wrong but I looked at the DETROIT PICTURES and the SHELBY SS had a new cold air on it and maybe a tone ????

Am I missing something here? This is the 3rd post I've seen you reference "tone".

Do you mean TUNE or do you actually mean "TONE" (as in, SOUND)?

Phill

I just looked at the brochure for the 2013 Super Snake and it has the stock/OEM Cold Air Intake (including the intake resonator) on it.

Is that the car that was at Detroit?

There is a Grabber Blue w/White stripe SS shown in the Wide Body option but nothing from under the hood.

If you saw the red Prototype/Concept at the Detroit show, it does NOT have a aftermarket CAI on it (unless it was added after the Concept was photographed).

HTH,

Phill

Am I missing something here? This is the 3rd post I've seen you reference "tone".

Do you mean TUNE or do you actually mean "TONE" (as in, SOUND)?

Phill

I already like the tone my 13GT500 tune puts out, as well as tons of cold air...from the A/C! :yahoo:

SORRY your right TUNE your also right that I think of it the car was the 850 with new Supercharge kit + cold air . What I'm looking for is if anyone has done a 2013 new cold air + new tune . I want to have Shelby do a cold air + tune on her but I want to know first if it's going to give + hp ??

Archived