TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What, no NFL playoff discussions? :^O ;^)

Yes, sadly, for me, my team, the Redskins are out too!

Well, Ravens fans, if the trend of the past two years holds true, they are a lock. They are only team left standing that lost to 'my' Washington Redskins.

NOTE:

2011: Gianst 0-2 (and the Redskins beat the living daylights out of them, BOTH times...and NO, I can't figure THAT out, and 'Yes', I'd rather have the SB win, and have lost 2X to the G-men. PRE-RGIII, no less***).

2010: Packers 0-1 (overtime loss)

BOTH teams went on to win the SB! So there you go Ravens fans! Start celebrating!!

Coincidence? Yes! (BUT, it gives me something useless to post)!

***'skins 2011 starting QB was Rex Grossman, who is ALSO 'the III', but he's better known as "RGIII & out"

I guess I'll just have to also go with the Ravens. After that disaster here in Denver last week, I guess the Ravens should be destined to win. Holy cow, nobody can't be held responsible for that loss. The Bronco's should have won by a huge margin. Between the refs handing the Ravens 14 points that should not have counted, horrid play calling by the Bronco's coaching staff, poor play by the defense when it really mattered, two turn overs by that Manning guy. I mean really, when you are up by a touch down with under two minutes to go and all you need is a first down, you try to run up the middle three times? And then you are down by a touch down with 30 seconds to go and all your time outs and you kneel? WTF???? Unbelievable bad play calling, bad playing, bad refs.

So Go Ravens!

I had to go to Candlestick last Sat night. My folks have had season tickets since before I was born, but I've been a Steelers fan since I was about 3. I'm rooting for the Rat Birds to beat the Cheatriots then lose to the NFC in the SB. Kaepernick might have the highest top speed I've ever seen in the NFL and I saw an awful lot of guys like Jerry Rice back in the day. BTW the best player I ever saw in person was Barry Sanders.

I had to go to Candlestick last Sat night. My folks have had season tickets since before I was born, but I've been a Steelers fan since I was about 3. I'm rooting for the Rat Birds to beat the Cheatriots then lose to the NFC in the SB. Kaepernick might have the highest top speed I've ever seen in the NFL and I saw an awful lot of guys like Jerry Rice back in the day. BTW the best player I ever saw in person was Barry Sanders.

I never had the opportunity to see Barry Sanders live, but to this day, he remains the most spectacular player I have seen. Kaepernick and the whole 49esr team were quite impressive last Saturday. Although I hope the Ravens win, I believe the 49ers will beet the Ravens in the Harbaugh Bowl.

A part of me wants Bill Belicheat to go to the SB just to lose again. Just like he's lost both SB's he's been to since he accepted without appeal the $500,000 fine for cheating. BTW we've been in an alternate universe since the first time Eli beat Tom in the SB!

A part of me wants Bill Belicheat to go to the SB just to lose again. Just like he's lost both SB's he's been to since he accepted without appeal the $500,000 fine for cheating. BTW we've been in an alternate universe since the first time Eli beat Tom in the SB!

I was rooting like a Giants' fan, (REMEMBER, I'm a Redskins' fan), during BOTH Giants/Pats SB's. The way the Pats were running up scores on teams during their undefeated, (until it COUNTED) season, made me vow to root even for the COWBOYS if they faced them in the SB. (I can't believe it either, but it's true). (This year, the Seahawks moved 'down' on my list as 'run-the-score-up low-lifes', too).

I guess I'll just have to also go with the Ravens. After that disaster here in Denver last week, I guess the Ravens should be destined to win. Holy cow, nobody can't be held responsible for that loss. The Bronco's should have won by a huge margin. Between the refs handing the Ravens 14 points that should not have counted, horrid play calling by the Bronco's coaching staff, poor play by the defense when it really mattered, two turn overs by that Manning guy. I mean really, when you are up by a touch down with under two minutes to go and all you need is a first down, you try to run up the middle three times? And then you are down by a touch down with 30 seconds to go and all your time outs and you kneel? WTF???? Unbelievable bad play calling, bad playing, bad refs.

So Go Ravens!

Ummmm... Why can't you say Manning had a HORRIBLE game. I love Payton. But he played like chit. Always does in the cold. The refs blew it? The coaches blew it? So go Ravens?

Please... Root for someone else.

I was rooting like a Giants' fan, (REMEMBER, I'm a Redskins' fan), during BOTH Giants/Pats SB's. The way the Pats were running up scores on teams during their undefeated, (until it COUNTED) season, made me vow to root even for the COWBOYS if they faced them in the SB. (I can't believe it either, but it's true). (This year, the Seahawks moved 'down' on my list as 'run-the-score-up low-lifes', too).

Pete Carroll wasn't "trying" to run up the score. All he did was put in the #2 QB, Matt Flynn with the 2nd string and they happen to score on the Arizona's starters. What was Seattle suppose to do hand the ball to the Cardinals?

If the Patriots were in the same situation Brady would have been in the whole game and would have scored at will.

http://mynorthwest.com/76/2149383/Pete-Carroll-gets-guff-for-running-up-score-in-Seahawks-blowout-win

Glad its SF vs Baltimore. An interesting match up. The coaches are brothers and the Patriots are out of it!

Both QBs are great and interesting to watch. Sentimental favorite for me is Baltimore. My Dolphins havent done much in awhile.

Also, 7 players are from my alma matter, The University of Miami Hurricanes, including the retiring Ray Lewis.

Ummmm... Why can't you say Manning had a HORRIBLE game. I love Payton. But he played like chit. Always does in the cold. The refs blew it? The coaches blew it? So go Ravens?

Please... Root for someone else.

So apparently you did not read where I wrote "two turn overs by that Manning guy". Did you not read where I said that "nobody can't be held responsible"? There were so many miscues by all that should have won the game for the Bronco's. The foot hitting the ground that would have been a field goal that would have won it, on and on. Look at the stats, the Broncos killed the Ravens in almost every category, but then they chose to kill themselves.

Ok, I will now root for the niners if that makes you feel better.

NO!!!!!!! as a Steelers fan I don't want the 49ers tying us for 6 SB's most of all-time but then on the other NO Steelers fan want the hated ratbirds to win because every Raven will be talking to the Steelers all year long! Plus, Suggs is a jerk so I almost rather have the 49ers get their 6th than Suggs getting a ring

NO!!!!!!! as a Steelers fan I don't want the 49ers tying us for 6 SB's most of all-time but then on the other NO Steelers fan want the hated ratbirds to win because every Raven will be talking to the Steelers all year long! Plus, Suggs is a jerk so I almost rather have the 49ers get their 6th than Suggs getting a ring

Thats because Suggs tells it like it is There are no bigger A -oles in the NFL then Squeeeeler Fans

seems like you fans are in quite the bind next week

Archived