TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone (else) attending the Philly Auto Show 1/19/13?

Wayne in NJ

I will be there with my son.

Going for the Ford gathering, too, no doubt?

I'm bringing my bro-in-law, Tom, as a guest. (His late Dad worked at the Ford, Mahwah plant...no Mustangs built there, though)!

Staying at Tom's place, just north of Philly, the night before. Last year, drove from home, (Sayreville), but the extra hour of sleep, staying at his place this time, will be nice!

Please keep the 'Wayne owns a Dodge Charger' thing quiet, OK? (Hey, it IS a Shelby, and I ALSO own a 1st year Mustang)! (I HATE the finger pointing and under the breath muttering 'There's that Charger guy...what's HE doing here?!?" comments. The Tar & feathering wasn't too much fun, either! Did discover that peanut butter does a good job of removing the tar)!

Please keep the 'Wayne owns a Dodge Charger' thing quiet, OK? (Hey, it IS a Shelby, and I ALSO own a 1st year Mustang)! (I HATE the finger pointing and under the breath muttering 'There's that Charger guy...what's HE doing here?!?" comments. The Tar & feathering wasn't too much fun, either! Did discover that peanut butter does a good job of removing the tar)!

:finger:

Have fun down in philly. You guys have to be there before 7:00am. The GSRMC has a very nice Club Display. Check it out. Take pics :camera:

I posted shots of my 'Secretary Car' in front of the P-51 (taken @ Wings & Wheels/Teterboro airport), to the GSRMC FB page the day AFTER they finished the display, and the person in charge of preparing it replied (paraphrasing) :"If you'd only posted this a day SOONER it would have been part of the display!" OOPS! on me! :doh:

Since I don't believe I'd know any of you on sight...I'll wear my red St. Louis Cardinals baseball hat...better chance of getting beat up by irate Phillies fans that way!

So say 'Hi' if you see me, or cause anyone else wearing a St. Louis Cardinals hat to be confused by hearing 'Hi' from complete strangers! (I'll have a rocket scientist with me, BTW...THAT'S no joke)!

Yes, great seeing everyone......thank you Wally Hagan and Ford and the GSRMC and Helaina Semmler for a great morning in Philly.

I got to meet Parnelli Jones, take pictures with him, and get his autograph.............six times! :rockon:

What a fantastic time!

Wicked -

Nice 'officially' meeting you on Saturday.

How did you manage to get his autograph? I thought they said he wasn't signing autographs, so I didn't even ask him :doh: ....I won't even ask about the six times part. I was just an honor to meet him and shake his hand.

Z-man

WGC_7271_zps5ca2abd5.jpg

While I was there I made another friend as well...

WGC_7361_zpsc0c4d919.jpg

It was an honor finally meeting you Z-Man! :yahoo:

and it truly was an honor getting to meet and shake the hand of another legend.........

I never heard anything about him not signing autographs....... :shrug:

I approached Parnelli after our club photo and asked for him to autograph a few items......he graciously agreed.

And before I went to the private Meet & Greet thanks to Helaina....... someone handed me a knapsack with Boss 302 parts in it.......

I dont know anything else........only that all the items got signed! :salute:

I never heard anything about him not signing autographs....... :shrug:

I approached Parnelli after our club photo and asked for him to autograph a few items......he graciously agreed.

And before I went to the private Meet & Greet thanks to Helaina....... someone handed me a knapsack with Boss 302 parts in it.......

Maybe I should have just asked Mr. Jones's himself (like you did), and not dealt with his "handlers".

I also guess someone had a little inside info that he was going to be there, as I don't think most folks randomly walk around with a bag full of Boss 302 parts.

....still very cool just to meet hm and shake his hand.

Archived