TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Blue 2006 CS8 Prototype on ebay

MyBlueHeaven

Found this browsing the Shelby's on ebay today. Not sure if it's a tru CS8 or not but I'm sure Steve could probably weigh in. they provided the vin# so it should be easy to check. Very nice looking car though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-Shelby-CS8-Prototype-2006-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-CS8-Prototype-/300844654209?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item460bbd1e81

Jeff

Wow...this car only had a max bid of $26k, that is truly sad.

I know you don't get out of them what you put into them but I know with

ordering my new vehicle, the turn II kit, installation, paint etc. I have over $70k in my CS6.

This CS8 even has the engine built and custom interior (don't know what they were thinking there...lol)

A bid this low must seem like an insult...I wonder what the reserve was.

So is the "Prototype" dash plaque from SA?

No the plaque is NOT from SAI.

Steve

UPDATE: More research has done on this car. This particular Ford Mustang GT, VIN 1ZVHT82H965211458, has been reviewed by SAI management and should not be considered an authorized Shelby build. Upon closer inspection of the dash plaque you will see that it contains a Southern California buisness name. I am unable to confirm if even that company modified this Mustang GT.

• 3 years later...

And this story still continues. I just found the same car, same pictures, same ad, same price on Ebay. Did anything ever come from verifying if this was a true CS8? I love the car .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222176030277

Thanks Steve, I see that now. What a shame . The owner needs to come clean on this. I doubt the car even exists sense it is the exact ad from 1/13. The kids should be out of school too!

Thanks Steve, I see that now. What a shame . The owner needs to come clean on this. I doubt the car even exists sense it is the exact ad from 1/13. The kids should be out of school too!

This car has been through multiple owners and I suspect the seller is putting out there what they were told. That doesn't make it right, just something we have to accept happens all the time.

I've never understood buyers who purchase a car without any documentation to back up the sellers claims. Do they not understand the seller has an incentive to tell them mis-truths to make the sale?

Steve

Archived