TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Dash Plaques Are Now Available!

Jer

Just asking but why so long to ship from order date? Do you wait until you have a full batch to run? I'm a month plus a few day since ordered, not shipped yet.

My wife's order was placed on 1/8/13. The order says ships in 4-6 weeks. 6 weeks was up last Tuesday so I'm hoping mine will ship anytime now. It's winter here....so no big deal for us. Cars are winterized still.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just asking but why so long to ship from order date? Do you wait until you have a full batch to run? I'm a month plus a few day since ordered, not shipped yet.

+1. :shrug:

Last week was 6 weeks for me! And I was among the first to order it!! Anyupdate would be helpful!

P.S. I called last week and spoke with someone (cant remember his name) and he said to give it a few more days. Well I have and still nothing.

Our first order FAR outstripped expectations, we got flooded with hundreds of orders.

I appreciate everyone's patience, and we will update with status ASAP. Let me check into it.

Jer

They are custom-made to order, and not on premises.

We do not have a "minimum order quantity", but we do submit them periodically.

THIS time, we overwhelmed them with a massive first rush of orders, so a tiny delay may have occured. I'm going to check with them.

Jer

I spoke with Justin today at SPP and he said at least another 10 days or so.

I ordered mine on January 8 too. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks. Good thing the car is still in storage .

Justin does not have an official report, and should NOT "guesstimate".

I will have a more informed answer for you all tomorrow.

Jer

I ordered mine, and the way I look at it is it will get here when it gets here, has nothing to do with the way my car runs so I can still drive it with out the plaque.

Justin does not have an official report, and should NOT "guesstimate".

I will have a more informed answer for you all tomorrow.

Jer

Thanks a bunch from all of us! LOL! :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Our first order was so huge (in the hundreds), we overwhelmed the supplier. May delay that first order a few weeks, but NOW they know and delays will be a thing of the past.

I appreciate everyone's patience...

Jer

Ordered mine on 1/12. The credit card got charged instantly. Still waiting and hearing nothing.

As with any custom-made product, you are charged when you order. As for "hearing nothing", I'm here often, or feel free to email me anytime.

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

As with any custom-made product, you are charged when you order. As for "hearing nothing", I'm here often, or feel free to email me anytime.

Jer

we are 3-weeks deep since this last update. shelby is the ONLY business i know of that seems to operate with an open-ended delivery schedule for items already paid for. can we please get a status?????

name='Jer' timestamp='1362154770' post='1415478']

Jer

[/u]

I ordered mine on January 9th, and I called SPP on Monday and they informed me of the back log, and said it would be a couple of weeks. Not a big deal to me.

You guys need a new vendor to make these.

We're using the vendor that has made virtually all of the most historically significant modern Shelby plaques. As I said, 400+ unique custom orders is a challenge all at once.

If you feel the wait is too long, I'll refund your money and give you a $20 store credit for your inconvenience. I guarantee I will destroy your plaque when it arrives so it does not fall into the wrong hands. Let me know.

Thanks,

Jer

I know its hard to wait, I ordered my stamped dash plaque on 1/9/13 and was glad shelby offered them again.I bought my 09 GT500 brand new in december of 2008 and never ordered the signed plaque when they were avalible :banghead: I was thinking of buying a 2012 and didn't want to spend $400 if i traded in my 09, now looking back small price to pay for a great piece of shelby history. Still own my 2009 and waiting till 2nd or 3rd week in april is not too long, yes it was my own fault for not getting a hand signed plaque but just be patient Jer is doing his best.Thanks Jer for all your hard work. Jeff

look, it's not really about being patient from my perspective. it's also not about getting a refund and a $20 credit either. what i want is the plaque. and i want it in a reasonable amount of time. jer and the team should be looking at this experience and taking notes so as to improve the customer experience going forward. just like we have a direct path of communication with some of the shelby employees on this forum, they too have a direct path of customer feedback, which is invaluable in running a business and something some business spend lots of time and money to gather. more importantly, it's NOT okay to leave people in the dark and not manage their expectations regarding purchases and when goods will be delivered. it's a stamped piece of tin for goodness sakes! 400 is a rather small run. so if that is causing a bottleneck, maybe they DO need a new vendor? in any event, tim stepped in to provide the information i needed in the post above, so while i'm not pleased with the delay, i'm not irate since at least i know i can expect them in the timeframe he posted. delays, accidents, mistakes happen. but that's not enough of an answer for customers who are spending hard-earned money on your products.

The problem as I see it, has to do with the unavailibility of the dash plaques prior to Jer coming on board. When this first run is delivered I venture to say that the delay will be a thing of the past. I do not seen any reason to change vendors.

The problem as I see it, has to do with the unavailibility of the dash plaques prior to Jer coming on board. When this first run is delivered I venture to say that the delay will be a thing of the past. I do not seen any reason to change vendors.

That is exactly the case.

As I said earlier, this product is extremely difficult to manage, and I had decided to discontinue it but kept it on, despite the headaches, because GT500 owners really wanted it. And we also DRASTICALLY reduced the price, to an UNHEARD-OF $100.

My vendor is a quality operation, this is just a bump in the road. Other vendors have been used sporadically, but the quality was NOT the same, as I believe many will testify. These plaques are the same high-quality that have been used on CSM-numbered cars built here in Las Vegas. Far from a "stamped piece of tin", they are engraved, anodized, then paint filled (twice), and need to be finished one at a time (unless you'd like us to delete the VIN number engraving, then they're all identical, and I'll stock 'em here in our warehouse and ship everything right away).

Meanwhile, SPP has introduced more new products (and re-introduced old ones) than ever. We are in the midst of a major upgrade in every way, and while the adage says "you can't please everyone", I'm still going to try.

Jer

I know its hard to wait, I ordered my stamped dash plaque on 1/9/13 and was glad shelby offered them again.I bought my 09 GT500 brand new in december of 2008 and never ordered the signed plaque when they were avalible :banghead: I was thinking of buying a 2012 and didn't want to spend $400 if i traded in my 09, now looking back small price to pay for a great piece of shelby history. Still own my 2009 and waiting till 2nd or 3rd week in april is not too long, yes it was my own fault for not getting a hand signed plaque but just be patient Jer is doing his best.Thanks Jer for all your hard work. Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. I appreciate it.

Jer

Archived