TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bought a 2012 Laguna Seca

mherman2

Kendall at Cooltech LLC near Valencia CA did some work on my Ford GT. While at his shop he took me for a spin in his 2012 LS. Little did I know I was test driving it. My next door neighbor and I both track cars, him his 911 and me my GT. This LS seemed perfect for a track car we could drive hard with little maintenance. Here's a list of mods Cooltech can do to the Boss 302's and that are on this car:

Track-ready Modifications:

a. Full Kooks exhaust system - Long tube headers (Ceramic coated), Boss H-Pipe, mid pipes, and Kook's mufflers +35HP and 35lbs lighter than OEM

b. Cool Tech Roll Bar w/ Rear Tower Brace

c. Crow Enterprise 3" Racing Harnesses - Both Seats w/Boss 302 Customization

d. Cool Tech Engine Oil Cooler w/thermostat

e. Autometer Custom Gauges for Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp with Color notification - in OEM center housing

f. Tiger Racing full Carbon Fiber Hood -Painted Blk/red to match car

g. Cool Tech 4" Aluminum Driveshaft -Saves 20lbs over OEM

h. Maximum Motorsports Camper Plates - Allows 2.5 to 3.0 degrees of negative camber for track set-up

i. DBA 2-Piece aluminum hat front rotors

j. Hawk HTC60 Race pads

k. Ford Racing Boss 302R BBS Racing Wheels ~19lbs vs 27lb OEM wheel

l. Hankook RS3 Street Legal R-Compound Track Tires

m. Cool Tech Front and Rear Tow Eye Hooks - as required by some track rules

n. Ford Racing ARP Wheel studs and Ford Racing nuts - as required by some track rules

o. Parrot Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod integration

That would be a beautiful set up and the basic car is a top performer unmodified. Modified as you propose . . . you will have a terror on the track (maybe not your Ford GT but close enough). Keep us informed.

Jim

Kendall and co. make some really nice stuff! I've got the roll bar with optional diagonal (for Silver State Challenge eligibility), the BOSS 302 harnesses + nickel plated mounting clips, and for X-Mas received his kit with the ARP wheel studs with FR lug nuts. On the wish list is his oil cooler with thermostat.

http://www.cooltechl..._Roll_Bar.shtml

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

Enjoy the LS! I have a 2012 LS dedicated as a track car as well, and I have had a blast. Did 29 track days in 2012 -- plus a bunch in 2011. I've added a roll bar, harnesses, AIM data acquisition system, 2 sets of Enkeis, tow rings, 302S grille and tiger racing hood, camber plates.

Next I'm looking at a Cortex suspension upgrade. And maybe Stoptech brakes. I've used both on a SPEC Mustang, and they are fantastic.

If you're gonna be pushing the car hard in hot weather, you're likely to have an overheating problem. That was why I did the 302S grill and Tiger Racing Hood. They did NOT solve the problem. The solution for me was very cheap though -- remove the AC condenser, which blocks most of the radiator. Problem solved.

532463 3272455336990 549685049 N

226214 3438747814198 1158255618 N

251881 3438749454239 2087798976 N

Kendall and co. make some really nice stuff! I've got the roll bar with optional diagonal (for Silver State Challenge eligibility), the BOSS 302 harnesses + nickel plated mounting clips, and for X-Mas received his kit with the ARP wheel studs with FR lug nuts. On the wish list is his oil cooler with thermostat.

http://www.cooltechl..._Roll_Bar.shtml

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

Love the roll cage

Right but LS's in 2012 are black or silver, Regular 302's are Red, CO, YB, Kona, and white

I don't think Fat Boss said he had an LS, he was just commenting on the quality of Cool Tech parts for the Boss cars. The OP purchased a Boss LS with some Cool Tech parts.

I don't think Fat Boss said he had an LS, he was just commenting on the quality of Cool Tech parts for the Boss cars. The OP purchased a Boss LS with some Cool Tech parts.

I was a little confused too, but since he asked about the red door jam and my pics were the only ones on the thread I posted up some more pics...

Kendall at Cooltech LLC near Valencia CA did some work on my Ford GT. While at his shop he took me for a spin in his 2012 LS. Little did I know I was test driving it. My next door neighbor and I both track cars, him his 911 and me my GT. This LS seemed perfect for a track car we could drive hard with little maintenance. Here's a list of mods Cooltech can do to the Boss 302's and that are on this car:

Track-ready Modifications:

a. Full Kooks exhaust system - Long tube headers (Ceramic coated), Boss H-Pipe, mid pipes, and Kook's mufflers +35HP and 35lbs lighter than OEM

b. Cool Tech Roll Bar w/ Rear Tower Brace

c. Crow Enterprise 3" Racing Harnesses - Both Seats w/Boss 302 Customization

d. Cool Tech Engine Oil Cooler w/thermostat

e. Autometer Custom Gauges for Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Water Temp with Color notification - in OEM center housing

f. Tiger Racing full Carbon Fiber Hood -Painted Blk/red to match car

g. Cool Tech 4" Aluminum Driveshaft -Saves 20lbs over OEM

h. Maximum Motorsports Camper Plates - Allows 2.5 to 3.0 degrees of negative camber for track set-up

i. DBA 2-Piece aluminum hat front rotors

j. Hawk HTC60 Race pads

k. Ford Racing Boss 302R BBS Racing Wheels ~19lbs vs 27lb OEM wheel

l. Hankook RS3 Street Legal R-Compound Track Tires

m. Cool Tech Front and Rear Tow Eye Hooks - as required by some track rules

n. Ford Racing ARP Wheel studs and Ford Racing nuts - as required by some track rules

o. Parrot Bluetooth and iPhone/iPod integration

Congrats Mike...its gonna be epic when we are :shift: thru the desert on our way to LV for the BASH!

• 3 months later...

Enjoy the LS! I have a 2012 LS dedicated as a track car as well, and I have had a blast. Did 29 track days in 2012 -- plus a bunch in 2011. I've added a roll bar, harnesses, AIM data acquisition system, 2 sets of Enkeis, tow rings, 302S grille and tiger racing hood, camber plates.

Next I'm looking at a Cortex suspension upgrade. And maybe Stoptech brakes. I've used both on a SPEC Mustang, and they are fantastic.

If you're gonna be pushing the car hard in hot weather, you're likely to have an overheating problem. That was why I did the 302S grill and Tiger Racing Hood. They did NOT solve the problem. The solution for me was very cheap though -- remove the AC condenser, which blocks most of the radiator. Problem solved.

Do you ever have any issues with oil consumption on your LS?

Archived