TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 #68 takes shape

mikeljgt500kr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok, I do have something new. I was in Vegas last week for the basketball tourneys around town, and here are some pictures of her. She is currently in the warehouse next to the wide body fab building, waiting in line for the wide body kit. There are a dozen or so cars there waiting on their turn, very busy in the wide body fab. Not sure when it will be done, but all the mechanical, engine, brakes, suspension, exhaust, and interior are finished, just the wide body, wheels, and stripes to go.

post-39072-0-48127000-1364079613_thumb.jpg

post-39072-0-99243900-1364079628_thumb.jpg

post-39072-0-48127000-1364079613_thumb.jpg

post-39072-0-99243900-1364079628_thumb.jpg

Mike

assuming it is ready, will we see you (and the car) at SAAC-38?...or will you be dragging the vintage out?

Tom

Well let's see, I was originally going to take '68 GT500KR #2506 out, since I have been working like a slave for 2 years to all those SAAC judges giving me advice on the "correct" parts, finishes, nuts, bolts, etc. But, thinking about driving her from NM, across the Mojave, without A/C in July, well I don't know, maybe the new one makes more sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Well let's see, I was originally going to take '68 GT500KR #2506 out, since I have been working like a slave for 2 years to all those SAAC judges giving me advice on the "correct" parts, finishes, nuts, bolts, etc. But, thinking about driving her from NM, across the Mojave, without A/C in July, well I don't know, maybe the new one makes more sense?

WHAT! lol Thats why I don't do concours because for someone to say oh that's the incorrect bolt I'd slap him in the head. These cars are built to be driven and is why I sold my 69 GT350 because I can't or really I won't modify it and the the modern GT350 can drive anywhere anytime with the A/C blasting. Good luck with no a/c but man I wish I would have bought the 68 KR Highland Green back in 92 and regret it all the time.

They finish your GT350 yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

Are you in Colorado? Will you be bringing it to the Rocky Mountain Mustang Round-up in June, Father's Day weekend? Sure would love to see it there!

Edit: Based on your Moab post that I see, you must be in Utah? Hey, Steamboat Springs Colorado isn't that far! Always a beautiful weekend in June! :)

Looking good Mike!!! I dont know about your progress, but mine has come to a standstill after hearing a certain person is no longer there.....has been primed waiting for paint for well over 2 weeks with no progress since.

Either way, you must be doing the happy dance now that things are coming along:-) Congrats!

Looking good Mike!!! I dont know about your progress, but mine has come to a standstill after hearing a certain person is no longer there.....has been primed waiting for paint for well over 2 weeks with no progress since.

Either way, you must be doing the happy dance now that things are coming along:-) Congrats!

Thank you. Yes, mine sat for a long time waiting for paint too, I am clueless about what goes on and what the steps are, so really don't understand the hitches and constraints in the system. But it is not at all like a regular assembly line process most of us understand. Cheers, hope yours moves along soon too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived