TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 #68 takes shape

mikeljgt500kr

The most important thing is to NOT set/create an ETA in your mind based on what you think the finish date might be. I can almost guarantee that you'll be incorrect and drive yourself crazy. Just be happy that it's in process and know that the phone will ring eventually. Otherwise you'll kill a lot of extra adult beverages (not that that's a bad thing) as you wait and wonder...

John

Wonder what the average wait time is from delivery by Ford to SAI and customer pick-up or notification ready to ship?

GG

To be fair, SAI does not have empty lifts waiting around on a delivery from Ford. When it comes to SAI build/delivery times the clock should start when your car hits the lift.

And as mentioned that time frame all depends on which and how many options were chosen by the owner, parts supply, holiday's, etc.

The SAI sales department will be glad to assist with any build timeframes, just give them a call. 702-942-7325

Steve

Here are some new shots of my build, progress is being made. Now the wait starts to get fun. Thanks Richard.

you car still has the 5.0 badge lol

Sure does, and that doesn't look any better than the PBF things, but the proper ones will be in the trunk to be installed soon after delivery.... :happy feet:

if you don't want the PBF badges I'll take them

Mine took ten months to receive from time of order, including shipping. I took delivery on the very day production bagan on the next years model. Not worth the agonizing wait, but definitely worth the ride!

I already had you down for that 39, and since they are not distinctive or exclusive in any way, they will fit on any blue oval product, even maybe a '73 Maverick, like my first new car.... :hysterical2:

Sometime in the next 10 days the 67 GT350 badges will be going on so you'll get to see how they look

I been waiting to see what SAI or Manny will be doing as when my car arrived it had a chip on the front bumper and auto shipped noted it and so far both parties are playing dumb like it wasn't there. Its not the kind of chip you get when driving as more looks like something was dropped on it so we'll see... I love fixing something that is brand new and comes this way, great care for the car thanks

Chip on the bumper? Not acceptable in any event, but I've got you beat.

For laughs, try:

1. Car couldn't pass inspection (emissions) - failed twice

2. stalled when cold/stalled when hot

3. e-brake didn't work

4. torsen differential was making terrible sounds

5. exhaust pipes were hitting the rear axle and making a horrible racket whenever you go over a bump

6. white paint overspray all over the windshield

i think i would have traded for the paint chip. LOL.

best of luck with your efforts in sorting out your problem.

Pat

how's that for a punch list on delivery to beautiful NJ?

Congrats & keep us posted with as many pics as possible! I really do think owning a GT350 puts you in a very elite group, the process and amount made aligns pretty much with how these cars were produced back in the day.

Cheers,

Ray

Chip on the bumper? Not acceptable in any event, but I've got you beat.

For laughs, try:

1. Car couldn't pass inspection (emissions) - failed twice

2. stalled when cold/stalled when hot

3. e-brake didn't work

4. torsen differential was making terrible sounds

5. exhaust pipes were hitting the rear axle and making a horrible racket whenever you go over a bump

6. white paint overspray all over the windshield

i think i would have traded for the paint chip. LOL.

best of luck with your efforts in sorting out your problem.

Pat

how's that for a punch list on delivery to beautiful NJ?

so far in the 2 weeks since the new year not a single phone call lol... I guess they think I forgot knowing I have their e-mails saying they'll take care of it

for what it's worth, Manny and Frankie (Speed Shop) are stand up guys - and they've help me quite a bit in sorting out the issues.

as far as Main Production, I'd contact Gary Patterson (im actually waiting on an email from him on the exhaust issue). Gary has always been helpful too.

eventually, it all gets worked out - but it is frustrating in the interim!

Best

Pat

• 3 weeks later...

Im sure Shelby American will take care of you, be patient it will all work out. They were great with my few issues on my car. I waited 13 months for my car to arrive and it had trash inside the car where somebody left their lunch in the car, I even found tools from the shop inside. They should work on their final inspections so these crazy things don't happen. Let us all know if your issues get resolved.

Archived