TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Trucarbon Hood Grill Inserts

msw.63

I searched this forum and the mods forum, but couldn't find anything that addressed this (used hood grill and trucarbon as the keywords) prior to posting this:

post-10652-0-29406300-1357110728_thumb.jpg

http://www.trucarbon...0025-lg77kr.htm

Has anyone installed this particular item (even on a 07-12 GT500) to be able to address its quality, fit, finish, and durability? The stock inserts on my 08 GT500 have faded and no longer look very nice, although the rest of the vehicle has held up very well. I keep it garaged or covered (while at work) and am looking for something that will look nicer and hold up better when I trade my 08 in for a 14 I ordered for delivery in the spring.

Any suggestions are welcome.

post-10652-0-29406300-1357110728_thumb.jpg

Its a garbage piece. I had it and returned it. It didn't fit properly, had some flaws, and will yellow after a year. Wait for Jer to come out with shelby carbon fiber parts. I would only get this as an absolute last resort.

Trueforged is also working on a hood insert.

Its a garbage piece. I had it and returned it. It didn't fit properly, had some flaws, and will yellow after a year. Wait for Jer to come out with shelby carbon fiber parts. I would only get this as an absolute last resort.

Hey svt13 if your talking about the aluminum one I thought that was out allready from TF, maybe im wrong but ......

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!

I see the confusion from what I posted, but no I'm not looking to replace the 2008 part. My dealer is pleased with the car's appearance and is giving me what I asked for the car (tells me I was too low since they did it without hesitation); I'm really asking about how people have fared with these replacement parts for a mod to my 14 after it gets in.

ohh. Well then stay away from anything raceskinz and trucarbon/trufiber. Wait for shelby to come out with parts. Unless their parts are from either of these 2 vendors (which they have been from the past). For now shelby has a splitter and apr performance has mirror housings. Both are prepreg with a quality clear coat.

Only go with companies that make prepreg stuff with quality clears which so far is shelby and APR. Stay away from everything else.

• 4 weeks later...

ohh. Well then stay away from anything raceskinz and trucarbon/trufiber. Wait for shelby to come out with parts. Unless their parts are from either of these 2 vendors (which they have been from the past). For now shelby has a splitter and apr performance has mirror housings. Both are prepreg with a quality clear coat.

Only go with companies that make prepreg stuff with quality clears which so far is shelby and APR. Stay away from everything else. Ummm just to be clear SVT13 Raceskinz has not released this part to anyone..thanks for the hate :)

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the seibon stuff. It is again still hand laid crap. I would stay away from their upper and lower grill because from the pictures they sent me the bottom looked fine but the top had distorted weave all over it. It was done in a very sloppy way. As far as the rear diffuser I would wait untill APR or shelby comes out with one. Pretty much for any carbon fiber part now I'd wait for Jer to just find a company to team with and make pre preg stuff.

The only thing I would look into which I don't think shelby or APR will do is the license plate surround which is pretty hard to screw up since it is a small flat surface.

I purchased the Seibon pieces just 2 weeks ago, and posted pictures (in this section titled "Recent Updates to super mod GT500) but my photos don't show the carbons fiber very well.

I checked the weave and quality of each piece before they were mounted on the car, and the ones I purchased came out very good quality finish. I was also worried about the fit, and am pleased to say that every part fit just like the OEM parts.

I have the license plate surround, the front spoiler, the rear diffuser, the front upper and lower grills. I had all of the parts painted with a flat clear coat, to replicate the dry carbon appearance; and it looks super. I will try to get some better close ups so you can see how the parts look.

I purchased the Seibon pieces just 2 weeks ago, and posted pictures (in this section titled "Recent Updates to super mod GT500) but my photos don't show the carbons fiber very well.

I checked the weave and quality of each piece before they were mounted on the car, and the ones I purchased came out very good quality finish. I was also worried about the fit, and am pleased to say that every part fit just like the OEM parts.

I have the license plate surround, the front spoiler, the rear diffuser, the front upper and lower grills. I had all of the parts painted with a flat clear coat, to replicate the dry carbon appearance; and it looks super. I will try to get some better close ups so you can see how the parts look.

Yes please take close up pictures from different angles of all pieces. The pics I was sent by Seibon from their SEMA car that upper grill weave just looked gross. Everything else looked fine given it was hand laid and not pre preg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived