TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for input on the Widebody

Hey, it is what is. I think it kicks butt and will set my SS apart.

It will definitely set your SS apart. I like the concept of a wide body. I just think the way this one is designed is poor. It just makes the car look like it has huge hips and a big a$$. Plus it adds a lot of weight to the rear. I am not sure any wide body would look good on the shelby body style. It kinda looks like they were trying to copy the FGT rear since it goes out the same way and has the rockers bend out the same way to the rear wheel. Only difference is on the FGT it looks much better.

Where did you get your facts on that?

I know for the front quarter panels they completely replace them and I'm sure the extra material even though it is fiber glass will definitely weigh more than the stock panels. The stock front fenders weigh like 7 or 13 (can't remember which) pounds each I believe. The rear fenders I believe and I could be mistaken are stuck on top of the existing ones? When I looked at the write up in the shelby magazine it didn't look like they completely removed the rear fenders. So again that adds weight.

Shelby's fiberglass isn't known for being lightweight just look at the SS hood.

I am not sure any wide body would look good on the shelby body style.

So, November 1st in the Widebody thread, your comment was:

"I just noticed but the shelby wide body kinda makes the car have the rear like a FGT where the rocker panel extends outwards toward the end. Granted it looks better on the FGT but this is pretty awesome looking too."

I looked because I knew that you stated that you were thinking about getting it and how you liked it, then you learned what the price was, and now you don't like it. I'm confused. Do you like it or not?

So, November 1st in the Widebody thread, your comment was:

"I just noticed but the shelby wide body kinda makes the car have the rear like a FGT where the rocker panel extends outwards toward the end. Granted it looks better on the FGT but this is pretty awesome looking too."

I looked because I knew that you stated that you were thinking about getting it and how you liked it, then you learned what the price was, and now you don't like it. I'm confused. Do you like it or not?

I liked it from the first picture I saw. Then now that there are many more pictures out of it in different colors now I don't like it. I liked it on the tribute car that was blue and that was only the rear. Because of the color it didn't make the car look super fat. The front wide body I don't like when I saw it on the GTS. I like it from the side but then when I see proper pictures of it from the front and rear and also now I see how they attach it makes me not like it. I do like the line they added on the front fender for their version though.

Again I like the concept of it, just not this one or how it was executed.

More pictures makes it easier to make decisions. For example originally when I picked my car color choice there were only pictures of the 13 in grabber blue or DIB. I saw one picture of it in candy red but wasn't sure about it so I played it safe and went black. Now that there are many pictures of different colors now I'm like "damn wish I got candy red".

That is fair. As with just about anything, some will like it, others will not.

I want to see that Red Super Snake WB in person. It looks good in the pictures but so did the otehrs I saw, until I saw the black one in person.

And the Red SS is a 2010+ so that may change my impression of it too.

I LIKED the first pics I saw and HATED it in real life.

I literally went from one extreme to the other but am still more than willing to give it a chance by seeing a different version (10+ vs. 09-).

Phill

... it SO reminded me of the old IMCA/Trans-Am wide body kits people put on their cars in the 70's and 80's

This is pretty much exactly what I thought when I saw it. It looks like a converted track car. You may or may not find that appealing.

Archived