TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bugs suck!

150man

Now that warm weather is here, I can't take a ten minute drive without spending an inordinate amout of time getting the bugs cleaned off the windshield and front end....

Just griping, sorry.

Just keep it waxed real well and use some quick detailer the minute you put her up.

Yep. I go through Meguires quick detailer like it was water....

Bugs can be bad in FL too

you guys store your cars in the winter, maybe I'll store mine in the summer

I agree

bugs suck

:hysterical2:

+1 A clear film is definatly on my list of purchases. I don't care if one can see the applied film or not - I can always have it removed in time. Plus a Calgan Bra when they get the fit all ironed out.

+1 A clear film is definatly on my list of purchases. I don't care if one can see the applied film or not - I can always have it removed in time. Plus a Calgan Bra when they get the fit all ironed out.

I hope I can stay anal enough to clean them off right away, so far so good

Hit Man, are you coming to Orlando?

I hope I can stay anal enough to clean them off right away, so far so good

Hit Man, are you coming to Orlando?

I am waiting on the " call " from my dealer. GT 500 should be here this week.

I would love to meet up with you all in Orlando. Will check my work schedule today.

Peace

Does anyone make a film you can apply and than remove yourself? I plan on driving on a short two day trip if the weather is good and know the bugs will be bad here in mid May. It would be nice if there was smething like saran wrap you could pull across the front.

Does anyone make a film you can apply and than remove yourself? I plan on driving on a short two day trip if the weather is good and know the bugs will be bad here in mid May. It would be nice if there was smething like saran wrap you could pull across the front.

That would be nice, but the clear film has to be applied by a trained professional technician. After research, I found out it is best to have an installer who has been through a certified training program, and had done a minimum of 50 installations.

Look at the company cleartechpro.com. There is a guy named Steve Perez ( he has an outfit out of Houston / that is one of those large shops). He turned me onto a local guy in my area that has his own 3 star shop ( meaning 1 star for every 500 installations = 1500 jobs).

I saw him putting the film on a white car. On the part that was already applied I couldn't even tell except at an odd angle. White and silver are the least noticible, where Black is the most.

I was quoted less than $600 for bumper, hood, and quarter panel protection. I may even consider rocker pannel.

It is best to have the an installer remove them if ever desired.

They will also redo a section at a discount if that part becomes damaged.

A professional shop should tell you more testimonials.

degussins car looked pretty sharp after a wash, but like some one else noted, there are alot of love bugs in the summer time here in south Alabama, especially in Florida. Plus having ding protection is what I want.

Peace

The bugs do suck.

Spent most of Sunday cleaning, waxing etc...

Took a ten minute ride around town and came back with 1 hour cleaning of bugs.

First wash for my car. Does anybody use some type of plug for the top of the hood vents to keep the water out when washing? I have some 1/4" neoprene rubber sheets that I will be cutting out to fit the hood vents. I will lay these on top prior to washing.

Does anybody use some type of plug for the top of the hood vents to keep the water out when washing? I have some 1/4" neoprene rubber sheets that I will be cutting out to fit the hood vents. I will lay these on top prior to washing.

This, like many questions, is probably a "to each his or her own," but I have washed mine many times by hand, with a hose, and the water doesn't really seem to get to the engine in any significant way through those vents. I always find the need to wipe down the engine and bay a bit, anyway, and the water is usually not the issue. But it can't hurt to be extra careful. Enjoy either way!

:shift: Really needed to do some thing about having to clean the bugs getting splattered on my upper and lower grill and especially in my radiator fins. I have a few road trips planned and travel to car shows.So, I bought some fibreglass screen material,cut out to fit and used small pieces of sticky velcro to hold in place. Went for about 45 min cruise,speed from 45-85mph,stayed in place just fine. The only thing that I have a bit of concern about is..some what reduced air flow in to the radiator area. Any opinions on the possibility of not getting enuf air flow to keep things at normal operating temps with ambient temps in the 85-100 degree range. And yes,you can see the 1/4" x 1/2" black velcro pieces attached to the edge of the grill,but,you have to look close and for me a small thing,to keep the bugs out.

Mike

post-5317-1178135534_thumb.jpg

post-5317-1178135534_thumb.jpg

My bra from Colgans arrived last week and I used it last weekend. We put 500 miles on the car and the bra definitely did it's job. The vinyl "tabs" that fit under the headlights and on the side of the headlights worked their way out while driving, but it kept most of the bugs off the paint and I didn't have any rock chips on the car. I used Meguiars leather conditioner to clean the bra while it was still on the car and then removed it and put it away. I only plan on using the bra for travelling. I had to drive down a couple miles of gravel road where they were doing road construction, and there was some dirt under the bra when I took it off, but there was no scuffing of the paint. I had waxed the car with Meguiars #7 a couple days before the trip, and I have since waxed it again since returning and the nose of the car looks great!

Ok, I asked around to some buddies and found this...

http://www.shop.com/op/~Duplicolor_Shield_...r-prod-33831216

I know this is available in many parts stores as well.

Story behind it - it's a temporary paint. Say you want to see what a stripe or flame looked like without going through with it permantly. Spray on, comes off easily with soap/water. A couple friends found that it also protects against bugs - again, comes off easily with soap/water, so the bugs come right off without having to scrub them off.

Comes in colors and a "clear" version.

Hope this helps!

Bugs, Brake dust, & Bird poo - the 3 evil B's of this car. I have never seen a car attract bird poo like the hood of this car. It's amazing...must be 3 od 3 times I go out I come home with bird crap. Bugs and Brake dust are just a given.

Bugs, Brake dust, & Bird poo - the 3 evil B's of this car. I have never seen a car attract bird poo like the hood of this car. It's amazing...must be 3 od 3 times I go out I come home with bird crap. Bugs and Brake dust are just a given.

It is settled

Bugs SUCK

Brake dust SUCKS

Bird poo SUCKS

Shelby is coming out with a wheel that will not allow brake dust to stick, just rinse it off :idea:

Ok, I asked around to some buddies and found this...

http://www.shop.com/op/~Duplicolor_Shield_...r-prod-33831216

I know this is available in many parts stores as well.

Story behind it - it's a temporary paint. Say you want to see what a stripe or flame looked like without going through with it permantly. Spray on, comes off easily with soap/water. A couple friends found that it also protects against bugs - again, comes off easily with soap/water, so the bugs come right off without having to scrub them off.

Comes in colors and a "clear" version.

Hope this helps!

Sounds great, so, who is going to try it out?

Archived