TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supersnake "Turn-around" time

08SS0144

I got a picture of my car from Tim and that was great of him doing that for me . I plan on going to L.V next Wednesday to check on the car and check on the the options which I added to my list .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1sgt - you are wise and fortunate to visit the factory to check on your car. Mine arrived at SAI on 28 March. I pinged my rep on May 28, and received a couple of pictures and the comment that the only remaining items were the KB and cooling package, but no estimated completion date. I haven't received a return email or phone call since, so I don't know if the remaining items will be a week or a month. Disappointing customer service to say the least. I know they are busy but scheduling a trip to Vegas to pick up a SS should be a pleasure, not a question due to unreturned phone calls and emails. Good Luck !

Jaydub-you are not the only one. I found out my rep was on vacation, but I never got a call back from the one they sent me to to fill my reps shoes for the week. It's like my car is stolen and they are avoiding me, or they forgot to order a key component of the build! Lol

For me the service has disappeared since Richards absence...

Hope it works better for ya 1SGT!

Maybe try calling Tim or Jer . I have to say Tim has be great to me and the new man so fear has been OK . I'll see if he calls me in 2 weeks when my car start on my car ??????

I have no response to voicemail and email to Tim this week. Tried to reach him again today without success. He had a busy week with tours and museum deliveries I suppose. I don't stop after 8 hours if I still have work to do, I guess some folks have that option. Amigo GT has the charm to maintain the relationship.

Well, Tim was busy doing my museum delivery on Tuesday (and a great experience it was). I know he had to put a few calls to voicemail whilst he walk me round (I know I appreciated that), he then a a very busy tour immediately afterwards.

I think that they have been a bit short handed recently since Richard left, but there is some good news in that a new guy has just been hired (I met him but his name slips my mind currently).

With regards to completion dates, I think they are a bit creative with these. I was originally told by Tim that the car would take 45 - 60 days for conversion.On a susequent call I was told that there was no way he had said that

and it was in fact 60 - 75 days. In the event it took 58 days so the original estimate was ok, however even less than 7 days from completion they wouldn't commit to it being ready in less than the 75 day upper limit.

My car was a simple V8 GTS conversion with no SC option, so I would think that the timelines would be easier to estimate than for your SS, yet still they would not estimate the finish date until after it was actually complete,

which is a pain if you are trying to plan a museum delivery.

Overall I am delighted with the car, and although the lack of active comunication and vagueness on completion dates irked me a little, I had a thouroughly great time collecting her and at SAI in general.

I know your experience has a longer wait period than I experienced but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

I know what your feeling my GT 350 WAS A YEAR + . I'm hoping and maybe get my car in Aug for my Birthday . I'm lucky I have a friend that can check on my car every week and send me pictures .

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's better if you approach the situation with no expectation, and consider the time it takes as time your car stays new.

Sorry, that's the best positive spin I can give you guys. Those of us who have had a car at SA know what to expect, and.....what not to.

For me, my GT350 experience was very much the same as what I read here. I didnt consider doing another build until the Raptor came out. I knew about it quite some time before the announcement, made email requests and phone calls, which all went unanswered. It reminded me of two things:

1. It reminded me of the things I love about Shelby, and don't love about it. And why I leave my builds to buying off a showroom.

2. It reminded me that as a Refional Director of Team Shelby, it is my honor and duty to represent the enthusiast, not the corporation, although I do truly want the best for both, I have the task of adding fun and value to being a Shelby owner, enthusiast and participant, but not a sales guy who is here to lure new customers.

Great news 1sgt! I began receiving regular updates last week from my new Shelby Rep; I hope to pick up my SS the week of 1 July. Still waiting for the first pic that puts it all together. Good Luck !

Don't for get pictures . I just got word my car is in production building and it's waiting for a lift . They sent me pictures and I can see 5 red cars on lifts and 3 cars next to mime . So many REDS

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say Ralph has been doing a great job he sends me pictures just about every day about my car .Today they put the watts link in red on and lower control arms .

I can vouch that your car is on the lift, in production, and two mechanics are working on it as of 2 July! I accidentally procured the attached photograph in conflict with corporate guidance and at great personal risk, but thought you might like it!
You have a beautiful car, my wife hinted that I might have done better on choosing colors when she saw yours...

1sgt.jpg

1sgt.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a great time at Shelby's they did a great job on my car . Here are some pictures: These was my 2nd SHELBY and I have to say it's JUST as great as the first one that the man at SHELBY do GREAT , GREAT WORK and Ralph helped me so much with the add on's ++++++ . When you think your not adding on there is one more I added POWER SEATS for my BITHDAY :xlbirthday:

SAI_2814_zps329da432.jpg

SAI_2801_zps0d6a9e1c.jpg

SAI_2723_zpsab12fa23.jpg

Archived