TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Transmission blunders - injuries

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought: Transmission jack rental???

I went to Harbor Freight and bought a Motorcycle jack that works PERFECT for that kind of thing. It looks like a regular floor jack but widens out and has two "arms" that stay level as you jack it up/down.

I used it to remove my OEM K-member, my rear axle assy, wheel/tire asseblies, etc.

Let me see if I can find a link;

It's this one and you can remove one or both of the "risers" shown on the platforms. I bought mine on sale and I KNOW it wasn't anywhere near what the regular price is showing on the site. I think it was in the $90 range when I bought mine.

image_12050.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/lightweight-aluminum-motorcycle-lift-94715.html

It works GREAT for the above mentioned automotive tasks AND for lifting my full size Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail motorcycle!

Just a suggestion,

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Harbor Freight and bought a Motorcycle jack that works PERFECT for that kind of thing. It looks like a regular floor jack but widens out and has two "arms" that stay level as you jack it up/down.

I used it to remove my OEM K-member, my rear axle assy, wheel/tire asseblies, etc.

Let me see if I can find a link;

It's this one and you can remove one or both of the "risers" shown on the platforms. I bought mine on sale and I KNOW it wasn't anywhere near what the regular price is showing on the site. I think it was in the $90 range when I bought mine.

image_12050.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/lifts-stands/lightweight-aluminum-motorcycle-lift-94715.html

It works GREAT for the above mentioned automotive tasks AND for lifting my full size Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail motorcycle!

Just a suggestion,

Phill

Hey thanks for the post I actually saw that in harbor freight . I also saw after the fact autozone sells an adapter that mounts on your floor jack. Its only 40.00 it would have been worth every bruise. LoL

I also they have a transmission floor jack which is pretty cool. If I ever get back on my feet my next house will have a lift of some sort.

Take care

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...

Archived