TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR or 2013 Boss LS

REAL ONE

Realone - Great decision!!! I will probably add to the Mustang family in the future and hopeful for the 2015, 5.0 Mustang. But will not sell my KR. Love it too much!!

• 2 months later...

I would not sell the KR. Like TXCobra, I also own 3 and sometimes you just need to find more space (nice collection TX). In my opinion, each car has it own smell, sound, look and feel. Just my opinion, you cant judge a car until you have driven it. My opinion is simple, the KR is the best looking Mustang ever produced. My KR still gets the most looks and everyone loves it. I dont even think the KR "look" ages like other models. My 13 Boss is the best handling and clearly designed for the track. My PJ "the first modern boss" is the best overall car I have ever driven. It is fun, loud, and feels like you have a modern 60's vehicle. I am not a Saleen fan, but the PJ was built to perfection. Parnelli himself spent a ton of time with Steve on it and some day that will be worth the most of all 3. A few years ago, they did a March madness type bracket with 64 Mustangs. PJ was only second to the original 69 Boss. The PJ was the only modern mustang that made it to the top 8. I think the KR made it to the sweet 16. The whole PJ Mustang is custom. No super charger, No turbo charger, just an old school 302 Boss mustang. It feels different than any other car I have ever owned. I also wanted the 13 Boss, so I just bought it. Bottom Line, keep your KR, it will look great 10 years from now, 50 years from now, and 100 years from now and it will always be a Shelby!. I agree with TD, the KR is the last of the Shelby Pre-title cars. 40 years from now, the KR will pull big money when everyone else is driving around a nat gas or electric transport vehicle.

PS It is great to go to the Mecum auctions and see any old any brand (porche, german, japanese car, etc) and no one cares. Then a Shelby GT 500, GT350 or GT500KR comes up, and everyone goes crazy. Shelby's are and always will be the best looking mustangs/muscle cars.

All valid points. To the topic started keep your KR and get the boss later or wait for new Shelby's. I took the boss out today and it stands out and is a blast to drive. To hear the whine of the blower to 7k is very cool and the exhaust sound is perfect.

Archived