TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR or 2013 Boss LS

REAL ONE

Thinking of a 2013 Boss LS. School Bus Yellow. Really like it.

Due to room constraints a car must go if I go for it.

We know now the last year of the Boss is 2013. Total production will be around 8000 units. Not sure how many LS's. My guess around 1400.

I'm not sure I should trade the KR for it.

What are your thoughts?

Thats a hard one! wouldnt want to be in your shoes. KR faster and last I checked, holding its value rather well. I am looking at selling my 07 Hertz and getting a 2012 Boss, I have been back and forth, but really like the Boss and has way more power than my Hertz

What are your thoughts?

When comparing a 2009 GT500KR to a 2013 Boss LS, you are almost looking at two different cars. Not just the body style, color & performance/handling but also that one is built by Shelby American and the other is built by Ford.

You can also look back at history. The 1969-70 Shelby's are currently worth considerably more than a 1969-70 Boss 302 even though the Boss was an all around better performance car.

Its a tough call to make but I predict that the 2012-13 Boss cars will tumble in value rather quickly with the release of the new Shelby's & Mustang's for 2014-15. And yes I realize that KR prices have fallen since 2009. But you've already taken that hit. Are you ready to take another hit on the Boss?

The Boss is a great car but if it were me I would stick with the KR or wait until the new 2014-15 Shelby's & Mustangs arrive.

Steve

I love my Boss. Nothing beats 444hp/NA under you with that beautiful quad exhaust and fantastic handling...and the Recaro seats that seem to wrap around and hold you.

As I have said MANY times here I LOVE THE KR and think it's the best looking Mustang ever built but when it came to move up from the SGT I decided to go with the Boss. I can tell you that after 5 months of ownership I wouldn't change a thing.

But this is MY OPINION and based upon my preferences...you have to decide what's most important to you.

BTW:

The Ten Most Desirable Cars Of 2012

http://jalopnik.com/5971244/the-ten-most-desirable-cars-of-2012

Guys: Thanks for the reply to this topic. I have done some real pondering. I looked at both the Boss and KR over and over.

While the Boss LS is REALLY nice and would love, repeat..love to have one I just can't give up the King. I agree with Steve from SAI and the majority here. The KR has too much character AND is a probably one of the best looking Mustangs of all time with prodigious performance. Yes, the Boss will handle better around the race track but the KR has over 100hp + over the Boss and gobs of torque. Plus Shelby may be coming out with a special KR performance pak available to KR owners that will up the track and overall performance of the KR even beyond its already capaable levels.

I went to look at the yellow Boss LS at one of my local dealers. They want $10K over list. When I offered list and they countered with $7k over list. This is the same dealer that wanted $15K over on an '07 GT500 in 2008 and then after the economy tanked called me to sell the car at dealer cost. They are pigs but was willing to buy the Boss at list which I am sure would still net them a nice profit and I thought a very fair offer.

My son and I looked at the Boss as noted and I asked him if he wanted to trade in his SGT. He said no. He loves the SGT. He has done alot of performance mods including but not limited to cam, FR intake, FR throttle body, Kooks long tube headers, tune, Shelby lower control arms, Griggs adjustable pan hard bar, Shelby center dash gauge pod, Michilen Super Sport tires, front and rear Brembos. Watts link and Koni yellows are on the way. His car dynoed at over 370hp at the rear wheels as I recall.

Plus Shelby may be coming out with a special KR performance pak available to KR owners that will up the track and overall performance of the KR even beyond its already capaable levels.

??? Where did this delicious piece of news come from?

Guys: Thanks for the reply to this topic. I have done some real pondering. I looked at both the Boss and KR over and over.

While the Boss LS is REALLY nice and would love, repeat..love to have one I just can't give up the King. I agree with Steve from SAI and the majority here. The KR has too much character AND is a probably one of the best looking Mustangs of all time with prodigious performance. Yes, the Boss will handle better around the race track but the KR has over 100hp + over the Boss and gobs of torque. Plus Shelby may be coming out with a special KR performance pak available to KR owners that will up the track and overall performance of the KR even beyond its already capaable levels.

I went to look at the yellow Boss LS at one of my local dealers. They want $10K over list. When I offered list and they countered with $7k over list. This is the same dealer that wanted $15K over on an '07 GT500 in 2008 and then after the economy tanked called me to sell the car at dealer cost. They are pigs but was willing to buy the Boss at list which I am sure would still net them a nice profit and I thought a very fair offer.

My son and I looked at the Boss as noted and I asked him if he wanted to trade in his SGT. He said no. He loves the SGT. He has done alot of performance mods including but not limited to cam, FR intake, FR throttle body, Kooks long tube headers, tune, Shelby lower control arms, Griggs adjustable pan hard bar, Shelby center dash gauge pod, Michilen Super Sport tires, front and rear Brembos. Watts link and Koni yellows are on the way. His car dynoed at over 370hp at the rear wheels as I recall.

I agree with you...not so much with your son...but as long as he's happy who the heck cares what I think!

:-)

I know what you mean. I'm currently thinking of getting rid of my 08 KR and my 13 Boss LS for a switzer gtr. Love the muscle cars and the history of both but in terms of speed and comfort the gtr is king. My KR makes 720whp and my boss makes 736whp and both lose by 3-4 cars to an 800hp crank switzer GTR. I am limited on room and money so need to sell fords for Nissan or just stay the course and pull the roush blower off boss and add the new Lund tt kit in summer and hope for enough power to beat the gtr and whipple fgt,s. that being said the value on KR and Boss seem pretty steady and I know the Nissan will drop 30k in a few years not including the mods another 30k. I thought the shelby would be worth more but seems to be at its lowest right now so think it can only go up. I should know in next week or two if I still have two rare fords or a new gtr. Will see what the trade value is on both fords and go from there. I can say boss rides great, has better seats, fit and finish but people love the look of the KR way more. KR is tons of low end torque and even with blower boss revs and revs and hooks well. Good luck and either way just enjoy them.

I'd keep the KR, for all the reasons already stated by others, and especially if it were a silver with blue stripe KR with the alcoa's. The first time I saw the KR show car in NY I was blown away. By far, it is still my favorite.

Archived