TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Ford Mustang GT500KR...

Several KRs on eBay these days. Here's a black one (08KR0594) with relatively low miles...with no reserve it'll be interesting to see what KRs go for now, especially in winter time. To our friend who's looking for something to pick up before springtime, why not try to pick up this KR if it ultimately goes for less than we would expect (~$50K). It's at less then $40K now so who knows.

Funny that the dealership selling it only lists the name 'Shelby' one time in the description...he just copied the paragraphs out of the Ford brochure apparently. To him it's just a Mustang.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251204143024&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_1021

Well you could also say that the '13/14 GT500 is light years ahead of the 1965 to 1969 Shelbys too. I'll wait for their value to tank now so I can pick up on original KR or GT500.

While the performance envelope of the '13/14 GT500 has been advanced as we would expect it to with time it also IMHO makes the KR's more desirable in the future as a true limited production (1600 produced) classic with classic looks (many think the nicest looking Pony of the last 10 years) and plenty of performance and probably the last pre-title Shelby to come out of SAI.

With thousands of '13/14 GT500s made and to be made and the IRS GT500s around the corner my money is on the KR for future value rentention and appreciation as opposed to a '13/14 GT500.

Nothing is guaranteed and no one has a crystal ball but I'll put my money on a KR before I would put it on a '13/14 GT500.

P.S.

If I want my KR to be as fast as a new GT500 al l have to do is change the pulley and tune and to be faster than a new GT500 all I have to do is slap a TVS on it.

There is nothing an owner of a '13/14 can do to make their GT500 a KR.

As you can see everyone has an opinion, and some are so far off the mark, it's just plain silly. I Love my KR, will never sell it for a 13 or 14 regardless if it handles a little better, is faster, is quicker, blah blah blah. Because, as soon as you buy the new Mustang, there's something right behind it that will do something better, and collector cars that sell for 100s of thousands of dollars, even millions, don't do anything better than the newer cars. As far as value goes or the future, NOBODY knows what will happen, not even the doctor. But trending will say something much different than what was said earlier in this post. I may buy the 2015 Mustang if it looks as good as it does in some of the renderings, with the 5.0. The 50th anniversary Mustang!! Should be pretty hot. Then, the values of the 13s will go down of course.

Agreed! It's not about "value" or "collectability" as most of us will be long gone before they get to that level if ever!

Buy and enjoy what you have, for what ever reasons you have, and drive!

As for opinion, I think the KR is an awesome car! The 2014 1/4 (aka 2015) may be the car I buy as a daily driver if the stories are true!

These KRs are very cool but have really faded from attention at this point. A 5.8L, 662hp, profoundly upgraded, '13/'14, GT500 was not even imagined when these cars were originally marketed and occupied center stage in Mustang land. Those days have passed and the KR values have dropped and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. The KRs were not and are not investments in any financial sense. I wouldn't even consider one of these units for anything over 40. The listing dealer is obviously in this car for somewhere in the low to mid 30s with a "no reserve" listing. In other words he understands the market, knows he can't get hurt and is listing with no reserve for a dump-out at this point. None of this is likely what current KR owners/fans want to hear or see but is reality.

The '13/'14 GT500 will also fade from attention when the new and improved 2015 model arrives. :shrug: Their values will also considerably drop and will not be financial investments since there will be several thousands of them produced.

I agree with Twicebitten. While technology and it's advances are inevitable those advances that make the KR and SGT antiques will likely also make them desiable as limited classics of a past era just as we have mini vans today with better 0-60 times than 60's era muscle cars.

Which would you rather have in your garage?

That's how I see the future.

These cars will in all likelyhood be worth nothing as there will be no "octane" based fuels available. The internal combustion reciprocating engine will be a museum piece in 40 years. Technology has changed the products we use and drive more in the last 10 years than the last 100 years. 40 more years will yield consumer goods that are absolutely unimagineable at this time. Electrical energy was successfully transmitted wirelessly in a labarotory a couple of years ago. Can you imagine what that technology will yield in 40 years. Bet the farm that it will not be used to power gasoline pumps at your local 7-11. Any who thinks that they will find fuel to run their antique 40 years from now is incredibly naive or just plain stupid.

Huh? Do you have any idea how much oil reserves currently are known, and how much they'll go up as the price goes up? Centuries...

I'd love to have a KR. I drove Tom's during parade laps at Spring Mtn and had a blast!

No reason for a wedgy here. The responses to what the future of the automotive powerplant configuration will be are as usual simply amazing in some cases. No one with any sense is warning of a fossil fuel shortage. Yes we know that there are centuries of these carbon based fuels on tap worldwide. That simple fact will not stagnate technological advances. Reciprocating engines are grossly inefficient, needlessly complex and prone to failure vs electrical power systems. The internal combustion engine in passenger cars will dissapear just as it did in commercial, military and to a large degree general aviation aircraft. Electric motors are unquestionably the future of the automotive industry. Anyone who doubts that is a short sighted fool.

Look at the major techological advances that have occured in the past 50 or 100 years. The majority of them have one common denominator; electric power. Embrace change as it will occur whether you like it or not.

:worship:

:hysterical2:

These cars will in all likelyhood be worth nothing as there will be no "octane" based fuels available. The internal combustion reciprocating engine will be a museum piece in 40 years. Technology has changed the products we use and drive more in the last 10 years than the last 100 years. 40 more years will yield consumer goods that are absolutely unimagineable at this time. Electrical energy was successfully transmitted wirelessly in a labarotory a couple of years ago. Can you imagine what that technology will yield in 40 years. Bet the farm that it will not be used to power gasoline pumps at your local 7-11. Any who thinks that they will find fuel to run their antique 40 years from now is incredibly naive or just plain stupid.

If 40 years I will be dead and will not care about this. :happy feet:

I hope that I'm still driving mine in 40 years. It's so much fun! I may need some assistance and a wide road though. :hysterical2: Then, I will jump into the worm hole tele-transporter to go to the grocery store, physical therapy, and maybe the moon!

Archived