TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got My Red Candy

lsquared

My Red Candy Metallic with White Stripes showed up at my dealer at 2:16 PM on the 21st and I had it in my garage by 6:30 and it is a beauty. No regrets on my color choice. I ordered it on 10/19 so I am really happy with getting it before Christmas. It was 40 degrees here in Virginia and the tires don't provide much traction at that temperature. I had read that but didn't really believe it would be like it is. The clutch and shifter are unlike anything I have ever driven but I've driven it about 50 miles and am getting better with it. Just need to get accustomed to the clutch catching at the top.The gears are close in all directions. The power is there, I just can't use it. The recaros are very comfortable and the NAV/SYNC is really slick, still learning how to operate it. It appears everything is like it should be on the car. Gave the dealer a list of do's and don'ts and everything went well.

Thanks guys. Started out wanting black with red then wanted DIB with white, finally went red and looks great. Been a lot of years since I've had a red car so I'm glad I got it. If Tuxedo black had been available that's what I would've gotten. Don't know why that color isn't available

I've heard that Tux Black was discontinued along with Kona Blue in mid 2012 because the factory that makes the required metal flake was unfortunately affected by the Tsunami. Turns out I happened to get one of the last Kona Blue's built.

Your new ride is awesome. Good luck and enjoy!

Congrats on the new ride!! And yes, be very careful in less than 60 degree weather on the stock tires. They become bricks. Immediately took off my stocks and put a set of all seasons on, as I drive throughout the winter as long as the roads are clear, dry and salt free. No sense in having a car like this if you can't plumb the performance, on ocassion.

My Red Candy Metallic with White Stripes showed up at my dealer at 2:16 PM on the 21st and I had it in my garage by 6:30 and it is a beauty. No regrets on my color choice. I ordered it on 10/19 so I am really happy with getting it before Christmas. It was 40 degrees here in Virginia and the tires don't provide much traction at that temperature. I had read that but didn't really believe it would be like it is. The clutch and shifter are unlike anything I have ever driven but I've driven it about 50 miles and am getting better with it. Just need to get accustomed to the clutch catching at the top.The gears are close in all directions. The power is there, I just can't use it. The recaros are very comfortable and the NAV/SYNC is really slick, still learning how to operate it. It appears everything is like it should be on the car. Gave the dealer a list of do's and don'ts and everything went well.

Well i'm one that loves red and with that congrats and enjoy..keep the rubber side down.

Archived