TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stripe dimensions and paint color

ITHERTZ66

The Hertz I'm buying already has most of the stripes OFF the car, and I'm wanting to paint them on. Does anybody have the dimensions like we have for the early cars (see pic) for the 2006 Hertz cars? If I can have at least 2 people (so we can confirm accuracy) with original stripe cars measure the width at the various edges where they break off into another panel as well as the width of the center black exposed portion, we can redraw this graphic for the 2006 cars as a future reference.

Does anybody have the accurate gold PPG formula for the 2006 cars in the proper color of the original stripes when new (not faded)? I wonder how different they are from the '66 color?

1067d1191197482-stripes-le_mans_stripes.jpg

Thanks!

Troy

Thanks guys. I suppose out of ease of production with vinyl and all nobody bothered to see if tapering the stripes would yield better visual impact like Peter Brock did for the early cars. Too bad....

There is one company I am aware of that apparently does tapered stripes for their aftermarket GT-H stripe kit using 951 Oracal vinyl. You may want to contact them - Decal Shoppe out of Surprise, AZ (www.decalshoppe.com). Not exactly sure of the correct color code used on the original 851 stripes though. I've seen a couple of color codes thrown out there on different forums. BTW, mine are 9" all the way - front to back/bumper to bumper.

Thanks guys. I suppose out of ease of production with vinyl and all nobody bothered to see if tapering the stripes would yield better visual impact like Peter Brock did for the early cars. Too bad....

I recently measured the OTT stripes on my 2010 GT500 Coupe and was surprised to find the hood stripes were tapered just like your picture shows. I can't remember the exact dimensions but I do seem to recall that they were one inch narrower at the leading edge of the hood vs. the trailing edge.

I am out of town right now so I don't have access to my car but when I get home next week I can measure them and get you exact measurements if you like.

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

Archived