TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What...No Christmas Sale! What gives?

Hot Pony

I haven't seen parts on sale in a long time. Probably part of the change at SAI. Only Shelby apparel has been on sale. I was thinking the same thing. A lot of the stuff I wanted to order wasn't in stock.

I haven't seen parts on sale in a long time. Probably part of the change at SAI. Only Shelby apparel has been on sale. I was thinking the same thing. A lot of the stuff I wanted to order wasn't in stock.

Jer and the SPP team have done a fantastic job of bringing inventory levels up so that very few items are out of stock. You are always welcome to contact the Shelby Store for an update on out of stock items.

Steve

Jer and the SPP team have done a fantastic job of bringing inventory levels up so that very few items are out of stock. You are always welcome to contact the Shelby Store for an update on out of stock items.

Steve

I really would like to remain loyal, but with this economy, I'm trying to stretch my fun money as far as it will go.

I have been getting all kinds of sale e-mails from all the other suppliers, why not Shelby?

3 days till Santa arrives.

I posted this on November 24th (when we had our Black Friday Sale):

I remember when the ENTIRE SITE would have a "flat percentage discount" applied to everything.

Here's the downside to that type of sale:

1. Inventory levels were all over the place. As a customer, I'd wait for a sale, then see that ANNOYING yellow "Out of stock" box pop up every time I tried to order what I wanted. What good is a sale when it's on "In Stock Items Only"?

2. I had to schedule my mod weekends around SPP's sales. A Black Friday sale is much less valuable to someone who lives in the colder states (unless they have a heated garage/workspace). Even if they have a shop install their parts, it's not exactly "driving season".

3. Everyone waited for sales to buy things. SPP's staff would have to run around crazy and overworked (thus increasing the chance of mistakes along the way) after each sale, then go through a lull period in between.

My plan is to price things right in the first place. I've introduced new products at VERY good pricing, and reduced existing prices, and will continue to do so.

We will closely monitor inventory to keep it stable and available to customers when THEY want to buy it.

Staff the team with the right people, and put the emphasis on the parts and service QUALITY.

We will have Sale Events. I'm still deep in analysis to develop upcoming programs. For the most part, they will be product-based, like a new Introductory Item, or a Clearance Sale, or themed for the time of year (apparel for the cold months, lots of track parts before the Bash, maintenance items mid-summer, etc...) Some may incorporate Free Shipping. Some may be "Buy this, get that", or tiered savings... 9 of the 12 months in 2013 have a Promotional Program I'm working to develop. But "20% Off Everything! Come and Get it!" Sale Events will not be all we do anymore.

Also, Shelby customers will see more ongoing change in Apparel items. We will have a life-cycle for everything, and not just make the same shirts and hats year after year. Like every other apparel line, it will change with the years and seasons. This takes a lot of time and effort, and is one of the benefits of the new dedicated SPP team. I remember seeing everyone's faces when SPP rolled out the Merchandise Trailer at the 50th Bash - "Tons of cool new things to buy!" Well, that was a massive undertaking, but it will now happen far more often.

Jer

Jer,

Whatever happened with the pallet sales on take off parts?

For all the effort that went into managing the program, we had VERY few people who bought them. Wasn't worth doing, really.

If anyone is interested, it can still be done, but it's not a fast or easy process, so some patience is required.

Jer

For all the effort that went into managing the program, we had VERY few people who bought them. Wasn't worth doing, really.

If anyone is interested, it can still be done, but it's not a fast or easy process, so some patience is required.

Jer

I could go for a take-off splitter for my 2010 if you have one.

Tousley Ford quoted $112 for a brand new 2010+ splitter and at that price, I don't know if it would be worth your (SPP's) while to even bother.

I want a "standard" (i.e. Non SVTPP or "lipless") rear wickerbill (aka Gurneyflap) and a pair of the Ford Racing Cobra Jet side-view mirror delete plates too, if you guys have any suppliers for those kind of things.

I have a few other SPP "wish list" items I need to buy but I heard you a long time ago when you (and before you, Robert) said sales were going to be a rare item. And I agree, people came to expect sales every time someone even mentioned something that *remotely* sounded like a holiday (Bastille day for instance!) so it's just a matter of getting off of my big butt, puling my credit card out of my wallet and 'git 'er dunnn'.

Phill

Why doesn't SAI/SPP have a "New Take Off" department. It's easy Money. I just bought a set of 2013 Mustang GT Wheels with BFG Tires for just $550.00 with free Shipping from ROUSH OVERSTOCK. They sell a LOT on Ebay.

Why doesn't SAI/SPP have a "New Take Off" department. It's easy Money. I just bought a set of 2013 Mustang GT Wheels with BFG Tires for just $550.00 with free Shipping from ROUSH OVERSTOCK. They sell a LOT on Ebay.

It's a monster undertaking, not "easy money" by any measure. I'm not saying we're not going to do it, just that most people would be surprised at all the tiny little details and processes that need to be in place to make this happen. A logistical bowl of spaghetti. If this were a new company, starting today, I'd design that system into things. But playing catch-up as I am, it's a big project. Stay tuned.

Jer

"I posted this on November 24th (when we had our Black Friday Sale): ......

We will have Sale Events. I'm still deep in analysis to develop upcoming programs. For the most part, they will be product-based, like a new Introductory Item, or a Clearance Sale, or themed for the time of year (apparel for the cold months, lots of track parts before the Bash, maintenance items mid-summer, etc...) Some may incorporate Free Shipping. Some may be "Buy this, get that", or tiered savings... 9 of the 12 months in 2013 have a Promotional Program I'm working to develop. But "20% Off Everything! Come and Get it!" Sale Events will not be all we do anymore.

..........."

Jer.

Any chance one of these events will be after the NAIAS in January?

I saw you earlier post and do agree you are making progress on materails being in stock and items that had been scarce are getting easier to get. Your dedication to improvement is noticed.

I had hoped that you would have run something in a parts event before Christmas. There is always a chance you pick something I want and I do not mind getting in the Winter. Parts can wait till better weather to get benefit into the vehicle early in the season.

Suggestion for after the NAiAS is that I add more to my purchasing coffer after working the show with Gary, Robert, and many other TS members.

Tom

Still planning the 2013 promotions now.

January will be a Clearance event on certain items and categories, many parts will be in there.

Jer

Will email notifications be sent out to subscribers or will we just need to monitor the Shelby Store site?

Emails will be sent.

Jer

I posted this on November 24th (when we had our Black Friday Sale):

I remember when the ENTIRE SITE would have a "flat percentage discount" applied to everything.

Here's the downside to that type of sale:

1. Inventory levels were all over the place. As a customer, I'd wait for a sale, then see that ANNOYING yellow "Out of stock" box pop up every time I tried to order what I wanted. What good is a sale when it's on "In Stock Items Only"?

2. I had to schedule my mod weekends around SPP's sales. A Black Friday sale is much less valuable to someone who lives in the colder states (unless they have a heated garage/workspace). Even if they have a shop install their parts, it's not exactly "driving season".

3. Everyone waited for sales to buy things. SPP's staff would have to run around crazy and overworked (thus increasing the chance of mistakes along the way) after each sale, then go through a lull period in between.

My plan is to price things right in the first place. I've introduced new products at VERY good pricing, and reduced existing prices, and will continue to do so.

We will closely monitor inventory to keep it stable and available to customers when THEY want to buy it.

Staff the team with the right people, and put the emphasis on the parts and service QUALITY.

Also, Shelby customers will see more ongoing change in Apparel items. We will have a life-cycle for everything, and not just make the same shirts and hats year after year. Like every other apparel line, it will change with the years and seasons. This takes a lot of time and effort, and is one of the benefits of the new dedicated SPP team. I remember seeing everyone's faces when SPP rolled out the Merchandise Trailer at the 50th Bash - "Tons of cool new things to buy!" Well, that was a massive undertaking, but it will now happen far more often.

Jer

Jer,

I get what you are saying. It's easy for us to be armchair quarterbacks when it comes to running a retail organization.

Then come the "BUT"!

But us guys on limited budgets sometimes have to save up for those mods that would come easier to those with deeper pockets. I looked forward to the 15 - 20% sales that you ran in the past, which helped me rarionalize some purchases with the wife. (just kidding honey if you're reading this)

I buy what I can afford and if your "Very Good Pricing" fits the bill for me....I will buy.

This kind of reminds me of my old Harley days. I spent a bunch of money customizing my bike through the years, but I have to say a lot of my purchases were made around the different % off sales they had during the year. It was that added incentive to prepare for the next big buy.

Funny thing, It's Christmas Day and I'm still checking to see if an after Christmas sale is on the horizon.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my friends at Shelby and all our Team Shelby Members.

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Emails will be sent.

Jer

Jer,

Is there any kind of monthly count on general email notices that get sent?

Most recent and probably only email I have ever received was in early November to update my personal profile. Update I did netted a Thank You for joining the mailing list. That Thank you reply was most indicative that I was on the list.

Doubt that asking you is not the right person to be asking but the way you jump in on everything I am certain you will direct to some one. Only asking due to experiences I had in past attempts to join the list and not seeing any general email's.

Keep up the energy in this New Year with the SPP. You have made major advances.

Tom

Jer,

Is there any kind of monthly count on general email notices that get sent?

Most recent and probably only email I have ever received was in early November to update my personal profile. Update I did netted a Thank You for joining the mailing list. That Thank you reply was most indicative that I was on the list.

Doubt that asking you is not the right person to be asking but the way you jump in on everything I am certain you will direct to some one. Only asking due to experiences I had in past attempts to join the list and not seeing any general email's.

Keep up the energy in this New Year with the SPP. You have made major advances.

Tom

Thanks, Tom.

SPP only sends an email once a month (or less). Keep in mind that Team Shelby (this website and the owners' group) and SPP are two different things.

The last email SPP sent was to announce the Black Friday Sale. The only other one before that was the announcement about the new forged wheels, back in October.

Did you get those?

If you want to be sure you get the mails, PM or email me your full name and email address, and I'll make sure you're on the SPP list.

Jer

Thanks, Tom.

SPP only sends an email once a month (or less). Keep in mind that Team Shelby (this website and the owners' group) and SPP are two different things.

The last email SPP sent was to announce the Black Friday Sale. The only other one before that was the announcement about the new forged wheels, back in October.

Did you get those?

If you want to be sure you get the mails, PM or email me your full name and email address, and I'll make sure you're on the SPP list.

Jer

Jer,

PM sent as I did not get either. Only knew about items when members stated posting.

Tom

Jer,

PM sent as I did not get either. Only knew about items when members stated posting.

Tom

I added you, Tom.

Anyone else who is unsure whether or not they are on the SPP Mailing List can send me their full name and email address to be added.

Jer

Archived