TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sad sad sight.....

A wee bit optimistic are we...lol...

he thinks its an easy fix...perhaps he'll cut the roof off and make it a 'vert :drop:

Also, i guess his license plate frame came true, "I'd rather be driving my Pantera"...well as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for

Any idea what the VIN or CSM number is so it could be marked in the registry??? I hope it ended up on a salvage title so it can't be rebuilt behind the scenes. Certainly the integrity of the A pillars is lost. The roof will never be straight.

One step ahead of you Tony. KR has been identified and the registry updated.

OP, thanks for posting the video link.

Steve

What does it mean "ass end decides to fall apart"? Does that mean a high-rev shift from 3rd to 4th while going 90 mph and the rear broke, throwing him into the ditch?

This was December 2011. Any updates whether this car was repaired or parted?

What benefit does adding it to the registry do for the general public if the registry is not public itself? Does Shelby disclose information about a specific VIN if someone simply calls and asks?

What benefit does adding it to the registry do for the general public if the registry is not public itself? Does Shelby disclose information about a specific VIN if someone simply calls and asks?

Exactly….. If this happened at a track and the guy never reported it to his insurance we might not ever know.

Whats the VIN or at least the CSM#.

Yes, an email to Steve Thornton will verify to its authenticity and if there was any reported damage.

I've worked with Steve a lot on the new gen cars when vetting cars for my clients

What does it mean "ass end decides to fall apart"? Does that mean a high-rev shift from 3rd to 4th while going 90 mph and the rear broke, throwing him into the ditch?

This was December 2011. Any updates whether this car was repaired or parted?

Although the S/A Registry is not currently viewable to the general public that doesn't mean it doesn't benefit owners, potential buyers and enthusiasts. Privacy issues will certainly prevent the registry from releasing any personal or idenifying details, at least not without the owners permission, but that doesn't mean that the registry can't assist buyers or owners with details on a particular car.

Generally speaking the answer to your second question would be yes except that rather than disclose information, we prefer to confirm information presented to us. For example if you were to contact the registry asking what the VIN number is for CSM xyz we would not be able to provide that type of info but if you were to contact the registry with a VIN we would be able to confirm if it was an authentic Shelby.

The Registry website, along with the registry software, is currently being overhauled/upgraded. When it comes time to roll out the redesigned Registry, along with its new look & feel, many of your questions and concerns will be answered right there on the registry website.

Steve

Okay thanks. I never called and asked about the car I ultimately decided to purchase (I was courting quite a few for a couple years). It would be nice to know if there was anything outside the ordinary showing on the registry.

edit: I see in the notes of the video that the axle broke, so my guess was probably close.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to the owner today about the car and about what happened.

It could've happened to any one of us. He broke the axle on a 2-3 shift and lost control. As you can see, he was not injured. That says something about the strength and safety of these cars.

In the words of Gary [shelbypt], keep it between the lines.

Archived