TEAM SHELBY FORUM

actual sales in past 9 months

ITHERTZ66

I'm trying to evaluate a Shelby for purchase. I can't find any reasonable data to suggest these cars are presently selling. I have found nearly a dozen for sale on the market with prices 30K and up. Has anybody actually purchased one of these in recent months for $30K or higher? If so, what was the mileage and condition? It seems the high bids on ebay can't get out of the 20s even on super clean low mileage cars. Has anybody here either sold or purchased one and can report an actual sales price recently? There was a car in Spokane last week that was advertised for $16,995 with 60K miles on it. Looked clean and sold before I could get it. They had it listed and at their dealership for 40 days at 18,995 and couldn't move it???

Which Shelby? GT, GT-H etc.

Seeing as we are in the 2006 GT-H coupe forum, I assume that is the car he is looking at. I have seen a few actual sales between 30-32K in the past year, but I haven't been a buyer or seller to know the details.

Prices seem low considering the history of the GT-H, the number made and the uniqueness of it. Although certainly not the fastest Shelby out there and it didn't have some of the bells and whistles (considering the GT-H was a prototype for others that followed in 2007, such as GT/SC and GT500), the 2006 alone was the 1st Shelby Mustang done in 37 years and the 40th anniversary of the '66 GT-350H. So, there is a story there. Everyone that looks at my car at shows (even some of the local Mustang car club folks) say they've never seen a GT-H before and are intrigued when I tell them the background. There is one coming up for auction at Barrett Jackson - Scottsdale in January (lot #123) - no reserve. Will be interesting to see what it goes for. I just wonder if folks really know what it is vs. just thinking of it as a previously rented vehicle.

Prices seem low considering the history of the GT-H, the number made and the uniqueness of it. Although certainly not the fastest Shelby out there and it didn't have some of the bells and whistles (considering the GT-H was a prototype for others that followed in 2007, such as GT/SC and GT500), the 2006 alone was the 1st Shelby Mustang done in 37 years and the 40th anniversary of the '66 GT-350H. So, there is a story there. Everyone that looks at my car at shows (even some of the local Mustang car club folks) say they've never seen a GT-H before and are intrigued when I tell them the background. There is one coming up for auction at Barrett Jackson - Scottsdale in January (lot #123) - no reserve. Will be interesting to see what it goes for. I just wonder if folks really know what it is vs. just thinking of it as a previously rented vehicle.

Just a point regarding the above mentioned car (lot #123) scheduled at BJ-Scottdale in January 2013. This very same car sold at BJ's Orange County 2011 auction. Sold for $46200 (includes commission) w/11,465 miles.

Just a point regarding the above mentioned car (lot #123) scheduled at BJ-Scottdale in January 2013. This very same car sold at BJ's Orange County 2011 auction. Sold for $46200 (includes commission) w/11,465 miles.

Interesting. Well, I wouldn't think it has too many more miles on it, so we'll see if the final price goes up/down or stays about the same. Condition is also key. That black can be a bear to keep up with. I wish I knew of some of the tricks out there to get the light scratches and swirls out of it. Anyone ever color sand their car? If so, how does that work and what were the results?

Just to clarify, I'm only looking for 2006 GT-H data. As for Shelby GTs, I've seen plenty of low mileage (less than 5K) available for sale in the mid 20s. Heck, I remember when the dealerships here in MN were selling them brand new for 30K after they sat on the showroom floor for an entire season and couldn't move them.

Dec 2006 these cars were first auctioned off to Ford dealers. The ones with 10K to15K miles were going for $60K and selling. Later auctions were bringing less. I bought one this year for $30K with15K miles and traded it even for aSGT 08 conv with less than 10k miles. Later sold that for $33K. They are rare cars but some have alot of paint problems from Hertz, so you have to see it in person.I guess a really low mileage one never rented with a 5 speed stick ( only 4 were made ) would bring a great price $50-60K but the average 15K -20K miles are around $ 27-32K. Hope this helps. Again condition is all important cause alot of people rented these and the Hertz guys didn't care how they cleaned the paint even bug remover on the stripes. Make sure you get all the paper work cause there is alot from Hertz and Ford that came with the car.

Hi Guys,

Thinking about selling my GT-H program car. I bought it to show with my 66, but now am contemplating sale. Never rented, never daily driven, mint. MCA National and Regional 1st place winner. Bottom is a mint as top. See attached link. Have many more pix and all origial paperwork including pix at roll out at SA.

Fred

516 798-1752

http://www.carsonlin...postingID=64292

Hi Guys,

Thinking about selling my GT-H program car. I bought it to show with my 66, but now am contemplating sale. Never rented, never daily driven, mint. MCA National and Regional 1st place winner. Bottom is a mint as top. See attached link. Have many more pix and all origial paperwork including pix at roll out at SA.

Fred

516 798-1752

http://www.carsonlin...postingID=64292

Wow that's a special car good luck with the sell. Do you know how many were sold and not rented ?I read maybe 30 or so. Thanks Mike

Archived