TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roger Sorel Departs From Shelby American

Staff

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll tell you what you're getting yourself into....one bitchin' ride that is ultra exclusive....everything else is just white noise....

I'm sure you are correct about the car Cali, I was thinking about the people and company I will have to deal with after the sale (sounds like soap opera drama), but maybe you don't need them anyway unless something goes wrong, which I'm sure it never will, right????? :happy feet:

Roger was and still is a good guy - Very cordial to myself and my customers - I am sure, as time goes on in 2013, the real truth about his sudden "vacation" will come out - it will most likely show, as so many former SAI employees in management can attest to, that SAI used him and then screwed him

:cry:

This is funny, I do not know what happened, anyone that works in the Business World knows there are always 3 stories, in this case the one SAI will tell, the one Roger may give, and then the real story which is usually in between the other 2.

With that said how do you come up with SAI used him? Used him for what? They had a position open, he applied for it and got it. A few years later he was either let go or left. Used him?? As if he was not getting paid. I am not sure I understand what you mean. By the way SAI has been losing money hand over fist, they probably need changes at a higher level, but change is definately needed or they will no longer exist. To me since Jer has been there it has turned in the right direction, get more people like him and they may actually turn a profit.

I wish Roger well, I met him a few times, but never dealt with him after he went to SAI.

This is funny, I do not know what happened, anyone that works in the Business World knows there are always 3 stories, in this case the one SAI will tell, the one Roger may give, and then the real story which is usually in between the other 2.

With that said how do you come up with SAI used him? Used him for what? They had a position open, he applied for it and got it. A few years later he was either let go or left. Used him?? As if he was not getting paid. I am not sure I understand what you mean. By the way SAI has been losing money hand over fist, they probably need changes at a higher level, but change is definately needed or they will no longer exist. To me since Jer has been there it has turned in the right direction, get more people like him and they may actually turn a profit.

I wish Roger well, I met him a few times, but never dealt with him after he went to SAI.

How can SAI "Loose Money Hand over Fist" and still be in Business?

I'm not saying if Shelby American is or is not losing money because I have not seen the financials or balance sheet for a couple of years (I do know they lost somewhere in the $3.5M range the year after they made something like $1.8M) but it's very easy to "lose money hand over fist" and still be in business.

You owe your suppliers a boat load of money, that's how.

Yes, it is THAT simple. Eventually your suppliers will put you on COD and that's when the fun starts.

I've seen in happen in person.

Phill (no, not MY company but one I worked for)

A couple of years ago, shortly after obtaining my 2010 GT500, I was going to Vegas for the weekend with my family. As usual I was running late. Roger stayed late so he could give me and my son a private tour after normal tour hours........on a Friday. I thought that was pretty cool of him. Not something he had to do.

First- it is Lose, why do so many people spell it Loose. Second- many companies lose money (How about the Big 3 for instance), the past few years are not public, but you can google it if you would like.

Here is one-

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/newshome.asp?article=67

First- it is Lose, why do so many people spell it Loose. Second- many companies lose money (How about the Big 3 for instance), the past few years are not public, but you can google it if you would like.

Here is one-

http://www.shelbyame....asp?article=67

If I understood that, they didn't really lose the $3.5ish Million Dollars, they just didn't have anymore "Pre-Title" Cars from Ford to build so THAT Money Pot went dry and all they had coming in was their own Builds and Sales. Thats like saying they lost Money in Nov, Dec. & Jan., when actually, they just didn't sell that much during those months like they did in the other 9 months.

Roger wasnt hired until late 2008 or maybe even sometime in 2009 and then only to run the Registry.........

It wasnt until Donnie Beeson was let go that Roger became involved in sales.

He was the 3rd Sales Manager after the Shelby resurgence in 2006...(Hertz GT-H)

John Walker, Donnie Beeson and then Roger Sorel....

Roger had nothing to do with the Hertz, Shelby GT, Super Snake or Terlingua Programs.

Good luck to Roger in the future. I think as with all positions that put you between a customer and the company they are dealing with, there will be good experiences and bad experiences. Just like most of us, even most employees of SA will probably never know details of an employee departure, but I think it is safe to say that Roger probably had many times where it was his job to cover someone else's mistake, and own it as his own. In every dealing I had with him, Roger was a "company man", and always kept protecting the brand as a priority which I think everyone should have a little appreciation for. Before Roger, there were instances of exceptions made that crossed that line of protecting the brand, and while it was mainly due to the ridiculous explosion of business for SA, Roger didnt shy away from reeling in that chaos into a more manageable product. I think that was the main positive he brought to the company.

Roger had his faults too, but I am pretty sure the same could be said about all of us. Im sure there were many people happy to see me go when I left companies I worked for in my past.

Lets just all try to keep this in good taste, as he is no longer working for SA, which if you are happy about, then be happy and leave it at that. Ive never been a big fan of kicking a guy when he is down. Roger's passion for SA and all things Shelby cannot be disputed, and regardless the circumstances, its got to be very hard to not be a part of that any longer.

I do find it odd that when they worked for SA, they were active on here, weather it was helping someone with problems or just Chatting & BSing with everyone BUT, when the leave SA, you never or Rarely see them on here Chatting or BSing with people. Good Luck Roger in your Future Travels of the World.

I believe that working for Shelby American is difficult no matter the position or level of responsibility. I personally know a couple people who have had such an opportunity in the past and in the present that have opened my eyes to the challenges that they had or continue to face. It's still a very small / niche company who's brand and legend actually projects much larger in the marketplace. Thankfully in the end what they do get right is the cars and the products.

Don't misunderstand- sometimes with small run, exclusive collectible cars will present some issues from time to time. Not all of the time and testing that mass auto makers go through can be accomplished (example the Gen 1 hood scoops on the SGT). But- in the end the ownership of a piece of that legend outweighs every time.

I don't think Roger had it easy, I don't think Bud had it easy. Understand that part of the compensation one receives is the right to say "I worked at Shelby" You get to be part of that history... The management understands this and factors it into it's business dealings. Partly, it's a labor of love for those folks. You really have to understand that this brand is many things all at once and it's a mixed bag to a degree. I'm fortunate to own a piece of it's dis-functional, colorful, underdog, champion, all-american history.

If I understood that, they didn't really lose the $3.5ish Million Dollars, they just didn't have anymore "Pre-Title" Cars from Ford to build so THAT Money Pot went dry and all they had coming in was their own Builds and Sales. Thats like saying they lost Money in Nov, Dec. & Jan., when actually, they just didn't sell that much during those months like they did in the other 9 months.

If that were the case, the following year would show a equal gain in revenue, plus any income they gained the following year....Or minus any loss they incurred.

The year prior to the $3.6M loss, they showed a $1.5 (there about) gain. I can't remember seeing a $5.5M+ income the following year but if any of you shareholders out there have the balance sheets, I'd be interested in seeing them (I'm the CFO/Treasurer on a relatively small ($215K per annul) CO not-for-profit Corporation).

CSBI is a publicly traded company so it's not like it is (balance sheet/financials) a trade secret...

Phill

If that were the case, the following year would show a equal gain in revenue, plus any income they gained the following year....Or minus any loss they incurred.

The year prior to the $3.6M loss, they showed a $1.5 (there about) gain. I can't remember seeing a $5.5M+ income the following year but if any of you shareholders out there have the balance sheets, I'd be interested in seeing them (I'm the CFO/Treasurer on a relatively small ($215K per annul) CO not-for-profit Corporation).

CSBI is a publicly traded company so it's not like it is (balance sheet/financials) a trade secret...

Phill

They sure do act like it is because you request this info from their CFO and you get...........nothing

I'm no expert, but I am a shareholder. (It looks nice hanging on the wall)

Just because they are a public company doesn't automatically make them have to provide all the financials. The last SEC filing I saw was in 2004...

The lack of annual financial data is one of the attributes of a "pink sheet" stock.

Ahhh. I'm not all that well versed on publicly traded companies (since losing my ASS a few years back) but in most cases, shareholders are legally able to get the Financials (and Board meeting minutes) from California Corporations.

I had one instance where we had to report a California Corporation to the CA Secretary of State. When we did, ALL documents/records were immediately released. Fortunately, or unfortunately, we had the financials audited and they found massive embezzlement which ended up in full restitution and 5 years in Prison for the (old) Treasurer.

And THAT is why shareholders are given the financials upon request.

I can't speak at ALL for "pink sheet" stocks as I am not at ALL familiar with them.

I had some JCP common with a majority of it in preferred stock and we did quite well with it...Until I rolled if over into Mutual Funds...Right before 9/11!!!

Phill (lost my ASS)

2010 KonaBlueGT

Why don't you reach out to SAI (CFO Keith Belair) and see if they will give you all the info that shareholders (like myself) are legally allowed to request and expect to get.

I am not a CSBI shareholder. I don't think I have a legal leg to stand on, not being one.

Public Co. or not....

Why don't YOU???

Phill

This is not an old subject. Please search for "stockholders meeting" and see what comes up.

About Pink Sheets. One reason for the stock to go to pink sheet is noncompliance with filings, another is just a general "the stock price is too low" [the so-called Penny Stocks]

Once you go to the pink sheets some companies choose to stay there. They still own the ticker symbol, and if the deficiencies are corrected, can return to a normal exchange when they are healthy again. Note that Ford was dangerously close to being Pink Sheeted in late '08 early '09 when its stock was trading in the $1-2 range.

Archived