TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roger Sorel Departs From Shelby American

Staff

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Effective today, December 13, 2012, Roger Sorel is no longer employed by Shelby American. He has chosen to return to Rhode Island to be with his family, and all of us here at Shelby American wish him success in all his future endeavors.

Roger will be missed. I have a very high degree of respect for Mr. Sorel.

Enjoy life, Roger...It really *IS* too short to sweat the small stuff..

Phillip Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

Who has taken over his duties so we would know who to contact? Thanks.

Jim

Any Sales-related questions or issues should go straight to Gary Patterson: GaryP@ShelbyAmerican.com

Jer

It was Roger's SGT parked outside SAI that "sold" me on getting one... My wife and I visited for the tour of the place, and less than 2 weeks later I owned #3907. I HAD to copy his qtr window treatment as well.... I should have taken the time to meet him and ask about the car while I was there, but didn't know till I got back home that I was gonna buy one lol.

6448_1187841866015_2865568_n.jpg

Is this really the place to post this?

QSS

Sure it is. Helps us all form an opinion as to just what type of guy SB really is.

On the forums and in person, we all form opinions of who people really are. On the forum here and in person multiple times, Roger proved to be very helpful and professional every time. He helped me with getting my car supercharged and I got to meet him at many events. Always kind and professional in every way. He will be missed greatly.

Good luck Roger. You are a class act. We'll all miss you with all the great things you've done at Shelby. You've helped a lot of people and helped fulfill a lot of dreams.

For those unaware of Roger's history, I encourage you to read many of his early posts on this forum. He helped provide a lot of history and insight to these cars we love.

Enjoy the much needed and well deserved time with your family.

Roger was and still is a good guy - Very cordial to myself and my customers - I am sure, as time goes on in 2013, the real truth about his sudden "vacation" will come out - it will most likely show, as so many former SAI employees in management can attest to, that SAI used him and then screwed him

:cry:

It was Roger's SGT parked outside SAI that "sold" me on getting one... My wife and I visited for the tour of the place, and less than 2 weeks later I owned #3907. I HAD to copy his qtr window treatment as well.... I should have taken the time to meet him and ask about the car while I was there, but didn't know till I got back home that I was gonna buy one lol.

6448_1187841866015_2865568_n.jpg

Roger --- you will be missed and thank you for everything you have done for The Team Shelby family.

JMN444 ---You used his car for inspiration and I bought the wheels in the picture .... a cool link we share

I want to be really mad and dissapointed about this but somehow I think the smart cookie that Roger is has worked this out to his advantage, landed on his feet and secured a wonderful contract with some other lucky company! Good luck, Roger!

Hey Roger.......when you get bored up there in the Cold Northeast................ WRITE A BOOK. Include how you started this Forum, your workings with CS and SAI, etc. I am sure it will be a great read.

So true. I don't know how many go back far enough on the Forum to remember the material Roger wrote and posted about his early life and how things Shelby influenced him. At the first Bash, my sister and I were lucky enough to have dinner with Roger and Adam O'Dwyer, two of the original hard core Shelby people. Roger has a wealth of information about Shelby that was gathered before working for SA. He could probably write that book and have Bud write the introduction and a few of the chapters.

Jim

Roger was and still is a good guy - Very cordial to myself and my customers - I am sure, as time goes on in 2013, the real truth about his sudden "vacation" will come out - it will most likely show, as so many former SAI employees in management can attest to, that SAI used him and then screwed him

:hearseespeak:

For all the people who think Roger is so great, he tried and succeeded in a lot of cases of throwing a lot of people under the bus. There is a reason Bud left who was the guy that REALLY tried to take care of all of the customers. Customers who had spent thousands at SAI left rather then deal with Roger. The man was petty at best , and went out of his way to get rid of employees and others who tried to help all of us with our cars. No loss that he left. The bus he threw many under backed up and finally ran him over

Sure it is. Helps us all form an opinion as to just what type of guy SB really is.

On the forums and in person, we all form opinions of who people really are. On the forum here and in person multiple times, Roger proved to be very helpful and professional every time. He helped me with getting my car supercharged and I got to meet him at many events. Always kind and professional in every way. He will be missed greatly.

Agree. I am so glad to have met Roger S. and appreciated his assistance with my car. While some will not agree, the team, Amy Boylan, Roger Sorel, Gary Patterson & Gary Davis, Acos Feher and there may be others that got Shelby out of financial shortfall beginning in 2006 with the second generation Shelbys. Three of them now are in the history books.

Roger will be missed i wish the best to him and his future ventures. He is good people. If you are watching this forum at all Roger, Thanks for everything it was a pleasure to meet you and good luck on all your future ventures whatever they may be!

Jon

Agree. I am so glad to have met Roger S. and appreciated his assistance with my car. While some will not agree, the team, Amy Boylan, Roger Sorel, Gary Patterson & Gary Davis, Acos Feher and there may be others that got Shelby out of financial shortfall beginning in 2006 with the second generation Shelbys. Three of them now are in the history books.

Roger had nothing to do with the start up of any second generation Shelby GT or SGT-H cars

Oh boy, as a new SAI customer who has never been involved with them before ordering my GT350 in Sept., I do wonder what I am getting myself into here....

Oh boy, as a new SAI customer who has never been involved with them before ordering my GT350 in Sept., I do wonder what I am getting myself into here....

I'll tell you what you're getting yourself into....one bitchin' ride that is ultra exclusive....everything else is just white noise....

Archived