TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roger Sorel Departs From Shelby American

Staff

Good luck Roger! We should start a Shelby Alumni group B)

And then write that book. " Shelby the Legacy Years "

Good Luck to Rodger, and all the current and former Shelby employee's. Thanks for your hard work.

From a very happy SGT owner.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger wasnt hired until late 2008 or maybe even sometime in 2009 and then only to run the Registry.........

It wasnt until Donnie Beeson was let go that Roger became involved in sales.

He was the 3rd Sales Manager after the Shelby resurgence in 2006...(Hertz GT-H)

John Walker, Donnie Beeson and then Roger Sorel....

Roger had nothing to do with the Hertz, Shelby GT, Super Snake or Terlingua Programs.

Thanks for the school :). Roger S. and Bud M. had everything to do with my GT-H getting the GT-H/SC when others told me the Paxton was not available back in 2009. Non-the-less, they are part of the SAI legacy and where around to see Carroll Shelby. I miss them.

Thanks for the school :). Roger S. and Bud M. had everything to do with my GT-H getting the GT-H/SC when others told me the Paxton was not available back in 2009. Non-the-less, they are part of the SAI legacy and where around to see Carroll Shelby. I miss them.

+1 .... great point, give credit where credit is due and I will live with the rules I learned in school

"if you dont have anything nice to then don't say anything at all"

just my .02

First of all, I would not mention Bud in the same sentence as Roger. Bud was the primary face of customer service for all Shelby customers for quite some time.

I dont beleive Bud ever held a position at Shelby American with a title of customer service in it, but anyone who

did business with SA during his tenure benefited from his dedication to bringing ALL CUSTOMERS the information and experience they deserved.

In fact, I would venture to guess that it was indeed Bud who was returning calls to interested buyers awaiting news of their builds, a task Roger seldom took

care of with any frequency or reliability.......as stated to me many times at Shelby events by disgruntled customers.

Roger was good at promising it would get done in 3 months when it often took 9 months to a year.....OR MORE......

or dont you remember that H0050?

And I thought you (or someone) were saying Roger had something to do with the concept and development of the Hertz, Shelby GT, Super Snake or Terlingua programs. When clearly, he did not. They were all in place long before Roger got hired by Shelby.

if Roger was good to you....good for you....you are entitled to your opinion or refection on your experience....

however, that is not reserved solely to those who seek to put him on a pedestal he clearly doesnt deserve.

No offense to you or your special build H0050~! :salute:

First of all, I would not mention Bud in the same sentence as Roger. Bud was the primary face of customer service for all Shelby customers for quite some time.

I dont beleive Bud ever held a position at Shelby American with a title of customer service in it, but anyone who

did business with SA during his tenure benefited from his dedication to bringing ALL CUSTOMERS the information and experience they deserved.

In fact, I would venture to guess that it was indeed Bud who was returning calls to interested buyers awaiting news of their builds, a task Roger seldom took

care of with any frequency or reliability.......as stated to me many times at Shelby events by disgruntled customers.

Roger was good at promising it would get done in 3 months when it often took 9 months to a year.....OR MORE......

And I thought you (or someone) were saying Roger had something to do with the concept and development of the Hertz, Shelby GT, Super Snake or Terlingua programs. When clearly, he did not. They were all in place long before Roger got hired by Shelby.

if Roger was good to you....good for you....you are entitled to your opinion or refection on your experience....

however, that is not reserved solely to those who seek to put him on a pedestal he clearly doesnt deserve.

I dont consider that statement to be inaccurate. For me, I like to mirror what a lot of sports teams do. There is what really happens, the discussions in team meetings and the locker room talk, and then what is said directly to the media. I consider a public forum, even in the members only section, to be public media in nature, so my responses here have to be given wearing my "Shelby hat".

Michael, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. As long as there is no public attack of someone, Im all for it. :salute:

I dont consider that statement to be inaccurate. For me, I like to mirror what a lot of sports teams do. There is what really happens, the discussions in team meetings and the locker room talk, and then what is said directly to the media. I consider a public forum, even in the members only section, to be public media in nature, so my responses here have to be given wearing my "Shelby hat".

Michael, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. As long as there is no public attack of someone, Im all for it. :salute:

thank you Warren! :salute:

This statement is correct. Roger was hired by SAI when they were finishing the KR. The Hertz, SGT, SS, KR and Terlingua cars were developed by the original group of Amy, the two Garys, Joe Jacuzzi, Jim Owens, Vince and myself (and Ford Racing and SVT). Bud started out working for me in production and jumped around in various roles before settling in customer service/sales. Back in those days the company was run as a start-up, not like a mature corporation. We all wore various hats at the same time. Bud was really struggling with that at the beginning, but then once he found his sweet spot in customer relations, he flourished. He is fantastic at that, and any company that requires direct interaction with their customers would be lucky to have him.

By the time I had interacted with Roger, I was an "ex", but he has always been very courteous and professional.

I can tell you that I dropped my SGT off on a Monday morning, and got the call from Roger to pick up my SGT/SC that Thursday evening! (Haralds SGT/H was there) Never any other issues when I dealt with him. He was very helpfull when I dropped off and when I picked up. Perfect service, IMHO.

The same level of satisfaction with John W. I had a bad gauge housing, he replaced it free with only a attached photo for evidence.

Zero complaints from me for either man.

This statement is correct. Roger was hired by SAI when they were finishing the KR. The Hertz, SGT, SS, KR and Terlingua cars were developed by the original group of Amy, the two Garys, Joe Jacuzzi, Jim Owens, Vince and myself (and Ford Racing and SVT). Bud started out working for me in production and jumped around in various roles before settling in customer service/sales. Back in those days the company was run as a start-up, not like a mature corporation. We all wore various hats at the same time. Bud was really struggling with that at the beginning, but then once he found his sweet spot in customer relations, he flourished. He is fantastic at that, and any company that requires direct interaction with their customers would be lucky to have him.

By the time I had interacted with Roger, I was an "ex", but he has always been very courteous and professional.

Why is it the 40th Anniversary cars "work of art" are always left out of the line up?????? :shrug:

Why is it the 40th Anniversary cars "work of art" are always left out of the line up?????? :shrug:

Sorry, my bad! It should have been. I should have worded as all cars between 2005 and 2008, which includes in theory the CS6/CS8 cars too.

Ok.....Shelby made a huge mistake here! Being a business owner for 25 years and having a corporate parent that does over $1 billion in revenues per year I can honestly say Shelby will not live this one down nor be able to with stand the loss of that type of talent. I have seen it tried and I have seen them fail. It is now a house of cards that only a wish and a rabbits foot can fix with Carroll gone as there is no future cars to be excited about and true integrity will be needed to press forward, I just don't see it happening.

So with the loss of the GT350 soon and the GT500 going away as we'll it appears Shelby will end up being a Museum with nothing more than memories of an era past. The Shelby name will live on but the Shelby Company we all knew will be gone and with these types of mistakes it won't be long.

I will say it Again, your a punk that has no money, no integrity and a piece of crap beat to shit car.

Love to meet you one day douche bag! Now go under your bridge and hide you troll.

I hope santa doesn't see this. You'll be on the naughty list

Merry X-Mas everyone.

What I would like to know is..... All those great People that spent much of their time making sure that the Customers were happy and also posted here on a regular basis.......why do they stop Posting here? If they were such good friends with many of you, why not stay on here?

Ok.....Shelby made a huge mistake here! Being a business owner for 25 years and having a corporate parent that does over $1 billion in revenues per year I can honestly say Shelby will not live this one down nor be able to with stand the loss of that type of talent. I have seen it tried and I have seen them fail. It is now a house of cards that only a wish and a rabbits foot can fix with Carroll gone as there is no future cars to be excited about and true integrity will be needed to press forward, I just don't see it happening.

So with the loss of the GT350 soon and the GT500 going away as we'll it appears Shelby will end up being a Museum with nothing more than memories of an era past. The Shelby name will live on but the Shelby Company we all knew will be gone and with these types of mistakes it won't be long.

:hysterical2:

What I would like to know is..... All those great People that spent much of their time making sure that the Customers were happy and also posted here on a regular basis.......why do they stop Posting here? If they were such good friends with many of you, why not stay on here?

It,s called not looking back.

Bud still comes around now and then. Life moves on, especially when the new job probably doesn't approve of time spent on here!

First off..................

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes, I still "lurk" here everyday. I love this place and the people here----all people-good or bad.

"We" the former employees of one of the greatest places to work all had a great run. For some and its good, some is was great, for me, it was AWESOME!!!!!!! I have made so many life long friends here. I will never ever forget the great times I had working and with working with all of you. Yes, there were some not so great times, but I have put that all behind me. For the most part, I have put that all behind me. But for the great times, I will never forget those. I will never EVER forget the day that Mr. Shelby and I toasted beers in Terlingua. How many people can say they did that? Everyday I look at the pitcure and say to myself, DAMN!!!!!! I am one lucky person!!

As with any job, there are people you can work with and people you can not. It's just life. I WILL NOT come on here and bash anybody--its just not me. I do want to wish that all former Shelby employees the best and hope they are all happy and can also move on in life, as I have.

Someday, I hope to make it back to another bash to see all my friends again. TIll that day, may life treat you all good and I wish you all (for my BFF--YALL) nothing but the best in life.

Take care all and................................

(Not being poilitcally correct LOL)

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya all soon ( I hope)

Bud

meandcarrollshelby_zps78584ddc.jpg

And yes, I still "lurk" here everyday. I love this place and the people here----all people-good or bad.

"We" the former employees of one of the greatest places to work all had a great run. For some and its good, some is was great, for me, it was AWESOME!!!!!!! I have made so many life long friends here. I will never ever forget the great times I had working and with working with all of you. Yes, there were some not so great times, but I have put that all behind me. For the most part, I have put that all behind me. But for the great times, I will never forget those. I will never EVER forget the day that Mr. Shelby and I toasted beers in Terlingua. How many people can say they did that? Everyday I look at the pitcure and say to myself, DAMN!!!!!! I am one lucky person!!

As with any job, there are people you can work with and people you can not. It's just life. I WILL NOT come on here and bash anybody--its just not me. I do want to wish that all former Shelby employees the best and hope they are all happy and can also move on in life, as I have.

Someday, I hope to make it back to another bash to see all my friends again. TIll that day, may life treat you all good and I wish you all (for my BFF--YALL) nothing but the best in life.

Bud

Yeah Bud, you are one lucky sumbitch! I never got to meet the man.... at least I have one of his cars, I dreamed of owning one since the sixties!

Merry Christmas to you also Bud! Also Merry Christmas to everybody else, past, present, and future! Hey, isn't there a story about that? Bahhh Humbug.... We always have Terlingua 2008 Bud! The memories make it all worth while. I know Roger, Amy, and others who post on here have many also! Times and people change in all companies. I've left a couple companies which I never thought I would. NOBODY is irreplaceable in a place of employment. Anybody who thinks they are, is kidding themselves.

Bud

BUDMAN............... :superhero:

You have made becoming a Shelby owner a wonderful experience.

Got a question at 4 in the morning.........call Bud.

Need advise on a mod............................call Bud.

Feeling down and need cheering up......call Bud.

Thank you for being you and for being my friend.

A very Merry Christmas and fantastic New Year to you and your family.

Bud

Thank you Bud and Merry Christmas to all

Archived