TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Cajun50

WJinLV - Sorry, I know I'm being dense. Are you saying that you stuck with the stock front and rear but if you'd do it again you'd get a slightly wider tire than the stock on the rear? If so, that's the bit I'm trying to clairfy. Why would it be good to go with a larger back tire than stock?

Here's the thing I'm confused about. All I heard on the forums for years was moaning about the fact that nobody but Goodyear made a tire in the size that ships with the SVTPP. And now that someone does make a better tire in the same size that the car shipped with everyone seems to be getting a different size than the standard stock?

Am I making sense to anyone here? :)

WJinLV - Sorry, I know I'm being dense. Are you saying that you stuck with the stock front and rear but if you'd do it again you'd get a slightly wider tire than the stock on the rear? If so, that's the bit I'm trying to clairfy. Why would it be good to go with a larger back tire than stock?

Here's the thing I'm confused about. All I heard on the forums for years was moaning about the fact that nobody but Goodyear made a tire in the size that ships with the SVTPP. And now that someone does make a better tire in the same size that the car shipped with everyone seems to be getting a different size than the standard stock?

Am I making sense to anyone here? :)

My 2013 GT500 stock front is GY 265/40/19...I upsized to 275/40/19 with Michelin PSS.

My rear stock is GY 285/35/20. I could not get the 295 in Michelin due to backorder so I wend with stock size 285 on Michelin.

The car looks fine. Ride is 100% better. Spent my day burning rubber and hitting hard curves. Michelins grip 100% better than GoodYears.

When I can get the 296/35/20 Michelins for the rear I will.

Heres a question for anyone else... Can a 285/40/20 be run on the rear without rubbing? Id like to know this if I cannot get the 295/35/20

Archived