TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Michelin Pilot Super Sport

Cajun50

I've searched but can't seem to find anything. Is anyone running the Michelin Pilot Super Sport in 295/35/20 on a 10" rear? If so can you please post pictures of you set up. Thanks

i think many are running the 295/30/20 on 10" rears. That will be the same diameter as the stock tires. Check out post 31 here for some pics: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/78594-what-tires-are-going-on-your-new-alcoa-wheels/page__st__20#entry1390699

Cajun50,

I too am thinking of running 295/35/20 on the 10" rears. I'm also thinking of running 275/35/20 on the 9" fronts. While the rear tires will have a larger diameter than the stock size. It will be less than a 3mph difference on the speedometer, and based upon my experience with taller tires on my 4X4 pickup, unless you're into drag racing times you likely won't notice any other difference. I've seen someone else on here with these sizes, just can't remember who/where? All that being said, I'm waiting until spring to buy my tires, so if you go first, let me know how it goes! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Klastinger,

I think they look great on your car!!! I'm still waiting until spring since my car is parked until then anyway. But your pictures have put my concerns to rest. If you get the time, will you please post a couple more pics? Maybe one from straight behind, directly in front, and maybe one straight down the side? Thanks!

I will try and get a few more pictures on Monday or Tuesday.

Klastinger,

I think they look great on your car!!! I'm still waiting until spring since my car is parked until then anyway. But your pictures have put my concerns to rest. If you get the time, will you please post a couple more pics? Maybe one from straight behind, directly in front, and maybe one straight down the side? Thanks!

2012-12-28 16.20.04 HDR1.jpg

2012-12-28 16.20.04 HDR1.jpg

Thanks for the extra picture! I really like the look of how the tires fit on the wheels, and how they all fit on the car! Mine isn't lowered, but it may be some day...lol. Please let us know if you experience any rubbing issues, front or rear. Thanks again!

You are welcomed. No issues so far. Checked it all out at the shop prior to deciding on the tire sizes, especially on the front.

Thanks for the extra picture! I really like the look of how the tires fit on the wheels, and how they all fit on the car! Mine isn't lowered, but it may be some day...lol. Please let us know if you experience any rubbing issues, front or rear. Thanks again!

I'm running these tires and love them. 285 on the rear and 275 up front. I was searching for the 295's for the rear, but at the time they did not come in the profile I was looking for. Maybe that has changed.....

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful using 295's on Alcoa's if your car is lowered. They will rub the fender.

You guys that are running the 285/35, is your car lowered?? any rubbing???

I'm free and clear, but running 285/30/20 tires. 35 series would be close...

How do you like the 30 series on the front? Do the side walls match up front and rear from an appearance perspective?

To answer your question, the appearance is almost identical front to rear with a slightly larger sidewall in the rear and the car handles like a proper road course car. Keep in mind I was looking for that result and some guys prefer the 35 series for more of a muscle car appearance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Klanstinger - thanks for your post, love the look of your ride! Question: Is the net lowering of your springs and shock package equivalent to the 1.25 inch lower that the FRPP package provides? I have a 2012 SVT, Alcoa wheels, and would like to use your Michelin tire sizes front and rear; I will be lowering the car later this spring. Michelins are on sale through the end of February :) Thanks, Jay

Klanstinger - thanks for your post, love the look of your ride! Question: Is the net lowering of your springs and shock package equivalent to the 1.25 inch lower that the FRPP package provides? I have a 2012 SVT, Alcoa wheels, and would like to use your Michelin tire sizes front and rear; I will be lowering the car later this spring. Michelins are on sale through the end of February :) Thanks, Jay

jaydub2k Thanks for the compliment on my car. I am running Steeda Sport springs, and Koni adjustable shocks, and it lowered it about 1" lower then where it sat with the SVT package on it. I just love the Alcoa wheels on the Shelby. It is a classic look, You will be very pleased with the Michelins. I like the ride and the handling.

jaydub2k Thanks for the compliment on my car. I am running Steeda Sport springs, and Koni adjustable shocks, and it lowered it about 1" lower then where it sat with the SVT package on it. I just love the Alcoa wheels on the Shelby. It is a classic look, You will be very pleased with the Michelins. I like the ride and the handling.

Are those the regular GT Steeda Sport Springs? Do you have a build thread explaining all you did as your car looks amazing.

Are those the regular GT Steeda Sport Springs? Do you have a build thread explaining all you did as your car looks amazing.

Tightlines, thanks for the compliment. I have the GT500 Sport Springs. I do have a record of what I have done to my car. If you will send me a PM I can send you the info on what I have done to my car.

Tightlines, thanks for the compliment. I have the GT500 Sport Springs. I do have a record of what I have done to my car. If you will send me a PM I can send you the info on what I have done to my car.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I'm confused. Hopefully someone can clarify things for me. I have a 2011 SVTPP with the original wheels. I've never liked the Goodyears that are on there. They never hook-up and I don't feel safe driving the car in cooler temperatures. Like most Shelby owners I've spent countless hours going round and round trying to figure out which all-season tire will come close enough to the original tires as to not throw off the spedometer, geometry, handling, look funny, rub fenders, etc...

I was excited to see that there was a new option for us in the Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Finally a better tire that comes in the exact same size as the stock SVTPP tires. Knowing that it's a summer tire like the Goodyears, I called Tire Rack and talked to one of their tire techs. He said the tire shouldn't be driven in temperatures near freezing but that they'd do relatively well in the 40's, 50's and up. I was JUST about to pull the trigger on a set of them in the size that matches the original Goodyears and then I stumbled across this thread and others and discovered that people are ubying the tire in sizes other than the stock size even when they have the stock SVTPP wheels!? What am I missing?

This is what I was going to order:

P265/40-19 front

P285/35-20 rear

I upped my Michelin PSS to 265/40/19 and was planning on upping the rears to 295/35/20 but they were on backorder so my rears are 285/35/20. They all fit well, Hook up great, less wheel spin than GY. Get the 295 rears if you can.

Archived