TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bummer....chipped hood.

FordRocks1

Was excited to come home to my new hood today and I find that the box that the Deep Draw Hood is in is partially broken and so I just took the hood out and I find that it is chipped on the side.

What are my options now? Do I return it, is it fixable, do I file a claim with FedEx? It's such a nice piece. I need some advice please, I will contact FedEx early in the morning concerning this matter.

A73C2787-B3F7-4CE9-8D1A-B2517FEFCCE6-2898-000001DB864530FD.jpg

BEC9D21B-E36E-48C2-8FB0-22FF43BD956C-2898-000001DB80DCDBC3.jpg

655E5608-F8D0-4A92-9B97-6C845E0458BE-2869-000001D827583F60-1.jpg

Most " good " body shops can fix that ,, if it is fiberglass ,, hope all works out for you ,sorry to hear this as well ,, fiberglass hoods are the worst thing to be shipped .,, I was told by SPP that these hoods needed alot of bodywork anyways to look good ,thats why the price $$$ is what it is for them .

SPP will need to file the claim with FedEx since they were the original shipper. FedEx will mot likely send out a claim rep depending on the value of the claim. The claim rep will need to see all the packaging and carton condition to make a judgement as to whether it was packed to their specifications. Sometimes, they will allow digital pictures but you would need to provide them to SPP as they make the claim. Good luck. Sorry about the hood.

I would contact Jer at SPP. He was ready to assist me with my small imperfection but the body shop was able to make it right so I did not need his help. I also agree a good shop can fix that. But first contact SPP as suggested to see how they would want to proceed. They will make it right.

Didn't somebody have to be there to sign for and accept the hood? I had to, and before I signed, we (the Fed Ex guy and I) removed the hood from the box and I gave it a good visual. Then I signed for acceptance.

If someone had to sign for yours, that might be Fed Ex's excuse for release of liability. The box for my hood was in excellent condition though. I agree with others, a good shop can fix that easily.

Dan

I would contact Jer at SPP. He was ready to assist me with my small imperfection but the body shop was able to make it right so I did not need his help. I also agree a good shop can fix that. But first contact SPP as suggested to see how they would want to proceed. They will make it right.

Yup, just contact me, anytime. I'm happy to help.

I WILL agree that it should be an easy fix, it's on a straight surface edge, and your body shop will probably make it right with no real effort.

Get their opinion, if you can. It may - at least - make you feel better fast. Just let me know what I can do to help.

Jer

Yup, just contact me, anytime. I'm happy to help.

I WILL agree that it should be an easy fix, it's on a straight surface edge, and your body shop will probably make it right with no real effort.

Get their opinion, if you can. It may - at least - make you feel better fast. Just let me know what I can do to help.

Jer

Thanks Jer,

I'll call you sometime today. Are there supposed to be mesh inserts for the opening included in the package or are those separate for purchase?

Chrid

Thanks Jer,

I'll call you sometime today. Are there supposed to be mesh inserts for the opening included in the package or are those separate for purchase?

Chrid

They are supposed to be in the box, wrapped up separately. If you didn't get them, let me know, I'll get them to you.

Also, your shipping box should have a hologram sticker on it, signed by the person who packaged it.

Let me know who that was.

I'll be in my office later today, after 2 or so.

Jer

They are supposed to be in the box, wrapped up separately. If you didn't get them, let me know, I'll get them to you.

Also, your shipping box should have a hologram sticker on it, signed by the person who packaged it.

Let me know who that was.

I'll be in my office later today, after 2 or so.

Jer

Jer,

Email sent to your email address in your signature.

Archived