TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hurricane Sandy

Hello 40th friends and members.

I just wanted you all to know that hurricane sandy not only has left me homeless for now, but I lost my 3 cars and very unfortunately my 40th Shelby from the party of 15.

Mine was number 7 of the 15 the alloy convertible.

I have the 40th mats that are like new used twice for cars shows, which my Shelby won first place at the MCA Nation at Port Washington NY. They are the black with grey stripe that say Carroll Shelby 40th on them in grey letters.

If anyone would be interested in these mats and I also have in the box a new Chrome Shelby 20 wheel that I had bought as a spare.

Also all the original parts taken off from Shelby for the 40th conversion available including wheels and tires. All parts from the conversation had about a thousand miles on them.

Still working with the insurance co that is tring to low ball there payoff.

I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to be part of the party of 15,meeting Carroll Shelby and the best Shelby enthusiast out there!

Merry Xmas and Happy Holiday!

Todd

Glad you and family are safe! So sorry for your troubles. Possessions are just things we enjoy temporarily.

No doubt the car likely suffered water damage... how bad? Did it get any other damage? Any chance at a salvage, followed by long term restoration? It would be a labor of love for sure, but could be done.

Keith

Thanks for all your support and offers to help, greatly appreciate!

Bob from Mo. what part I was born and lived in Clayton Mo.till i was 16.

Todd,

We're on the other side of the state in Kansas City. I hope things are getting better for you and your family. Keep us posted.

Merry Christmas

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your support and Happy New Year!

I had Allstate insurance and they will not let me buy back my 40th from salvage.

all the other insurance co.do but not Allstate.

I think they have my 40th sold to someone and thats the reason they are not allowing me to buy back.

She still look brand some water got into the floor where the wires and computer must be?

Thanks for the invite to Fl. and the Great state of Texas.

Sound good but to much catching up to do and getting life back together here.

Healthy and Happy new year!!

Todd

• 3 weeks later...

OK,

Been away for awhile. Probably knew but didn't realize that Todd had lost his Party of 15. Soooo sad. He was one of the few from the Party of 15 that actually drive them and he was a great advocate for the children in the attic. He drove Shelby nuts until they published the build numbers. LOL! I remember like it was yesterday how stunned he was when he walked into the shop and saw his car lined up with the other 14. His words were something like Holy F***, like 15 times in a row. His car will be a great investment for someone. Auction was on the 23rd. Curious to see what it sold for. Todd, you're still in the fraternity brother.

So sorry to hear this. Very sad. I wish you and your loved ones all the best. Cars and other material possessions can be replaced. I lost many of my possessions in the Esperanza Fire in CA of 06, so I know first hand what it is like. Best of luck...

Alex

They have the center cap and are in amazing shape except for the one little pin hole on one of the rims.

There are no scuff marks or scratches.

They are dirty right now because they are at the place that's shelby was at before my shelby was taken by insurance

I do not have the tools just the rims and tires.

I will have to check on the one in the box this weekend

Email me your email address

tlitz@optonline.net

They have the center cap and are in amazing shape except for the one little pin hole on one of the rims.

There are no scuff marks or scratches.

They are dirty right now because they are at the place that's shelby was at before my shelby was taken by insurance

I do not have the tools just the rims and tires.

I will have to check on the one in the box this weekend

Email me your email address

tlitz@optonline.net

Sending you an e-mail now....

Z-man

Archived