TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Brake caliper cover fit on a 2008 sgt 18" Torque Thrust wheels

I just purchased the Shelby brake caliper covers for my 2008 shelby GT. Will these calipers covers fit over my stock brakes and still provide enough clearance between my 18" torque thrust wheels and caliper? It already looks like a tight squeeze especially in the front. I still have original brakes. If I do need to also purchase the wheel spacers whats would be a good size and will they effect handling?

Thanks,

~Josh

post-39547-0-26042900-1355177534_thumb.jpg

post-39547-0-26042900-1355177534_thumb.jpg

I have them on my SGT of 3 years, they are close on the front, as long as you can place a paper business card between the cover and wheel your ok. I called the manufacture when I purchased them because I had the same concerns, that what they told me and they were right. I had to adjust a little to get the card clearance, you my too

Thanks for the feed back. After further research on wheel spacers and your opionions 07SGT and 39mustang I have decided not to go with spacers.. Thanks. And thank you sgt1864, When i finally get my covers I'll try the business card trick. Next winter I will have to get bigger wheels and upgrade the brakes! This car loves spending all my hard earned money! :rockon:

Archived